gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-02-27, 19:01
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuichi View Post
Looks interesting, maybe I'll try it once my Windows backup completes (It backs up a bit every time I run Windows but its sooo slow). Upon further investigation, the free WinClone can backup Windows so you can resize the partition (destructively) and then put everything right back how it was; but thats not half as convenient as CampTune sounds to be.
I was going to try it out, since I recieved and in stalled XP, but it didn'twork.

The program would boot, but after that, all I would get is a "no hdd installed" error.
*sigh*
Old 2009-02-28, 00:14
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato View Post
I got everything going, and wil be trying out camptune now.
I'll tell you how it all goes.
(Btw, how big is your windows partition? I have a 320gb hd, that was bought and had a little less than 300gb when used. I gave around 61gb to the windows, and plan on taking off 11gbs with camptune)
I too have to 320GB/300GiB harddrive; that decimal (10^9) and binary (2^30) difference really stands out at these large sizes. My old computers hard drive was 30GB (about 27GiB) though so I never noticed the difference till now.

I split it evenly in half because I hate uninstalling games (I play old ones alot) or running off the discs (silly since all the cases are lined up in easy reach) and I plan to do multiple installs of a couple games so I can use either language (planetarian and little busters are at the top of that list). I have about 100GB open on each half right now but I still need to install some applications since I have a Windows family and work with Windows at school (sadly...)

If you cut it down to 50 GB you will still have a plenty of room though :) I know quite a few people who squeeze into 32GB just for FAT32 support and it works out alright.

EDIT: (Missed your last post at first). Couldn't find the hard drive at all? That seems like a strange error even for beta software. Atleast you didn't lose any data (though hopefully you have Time Machie configured)

Last edited by jyuichi; 2009-02-28 at 00:16. Reason: spacing out cause its late at night
Old 2009-03-02, 02:22
Regular

I learned my lesson many years ago when I dual-booted Windows and Linux on a mere 20GB hard disk -_-. I underestimated how much crap tends to accumulate on the Windows side, requiring constant reinstallations since I didn't have unallocated space to grow into. I suggest whatever you originally have intended to have allocated for Windows, add 50GB to its partition.
Old 2009-03-02, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool View Post
I learned my lesson many years ago when I dual-booted Windows and Linux on a mere 20GB hard disk -_-. I underestimated how much crap tends to accumulate on the Windows side, requiring constant reinstallations since I didn't have unallocated space to grow into. I suggest whatever you originally have intended to have allocated for Windows, add 50GB to its partition.
Vista tends to grow in size (and you can't shrink it!), but XP doesn't take much space, 4GBs should be enough for windows + office. For games and another programs I install them to another partition (that also containt music, pictures, video etc...).
Old 2009-03-02, 13:23
Obsessive

True, I barely use my windows side though. It is kind of sad.
After I picked up a $60 mac office 04, I have been using the windows side less and less. (Only for games now.) It is kind of nice, cosidering how I can leave it in japanese uni to play eroge and visual novels. (No problems with clannad, kanon, or other games. I just wish some games I have had patches so I can actually read the story rather than click and prey.)
Old 2009-03-02, 19:37
Obsessive

Quote:
True, I barely use my windows side though. It is kind of sad.
After I picked up a $60 mac office 04, I have been using the windows side less and less. (Only for games now.) It is kind of nice, cosidering how I can leave it in japanese uni to play eroge and visual novels. (No problems with clannad, kanon, or other games. I just wish some games I have had patches so I can actually read the story rather than click and prey.)
MS Office < OpenOffice.org < iWork ;)

Yeah the only weird thing with leaving it in JP is how things like Apple software updater (used to get drivers etc) will insist on running partially in Japanese but also partially in English.
Old 2009-03-02, 22:57
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuichi View Post
MS Office < OpenOffice.org < iWork ;)

Yeah the only weird thing with leaving it in JP is how things like Apple software updater (used to get drivers etc) will insist on running partially in Japanese but also partially in English.
that and in the address bar for windows explorer has the yen symbol :P
Old 2009-03-03, 21:01
Obsessive

Quote:
that and in the address bar for windows explorer has the yen symbol :P
I'm so used to it I don't even remember what its supposed to look like XD
Old 2009-03-04, 02:38
Posts way too much

Yeah, you get used to the yen sign very quickly. And, yes, a number of applications will decide that you want a Japanese language interface, but hey - I've got no problem with getting a bit of extra practice with the language =P
Old 2009-08-18, 01:28
Unregistered

Talking

Any word or updates?
Old 2009-08-19, 19:23

Send a message via AIM to Maxine MagicFox Send a message via MSN to Maxine MagicFox Send a message via Yahoo to Maxine MagicFox

Agilis' and Healeth's policy has always been "it's done when it's done".

:3 Though, I find it how funny and ominous this post made in 2007 has proven so true. And ironically, I wonder if they can even make this kind of a deadline? o_O;

http://forums.novelnews.net/showpost...4&postcount=73

Meh, either way. I sit here waiting patiently, looking forward to it, no matter how long it takes. Take your time guys!!
Old 2009-08-19, 20:37
Posts way too much

So, it's just a month away? Awesome!!

Old 2009-08-20, 19:07
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine MagicFox View Post
Agilis' and Healeth's policy has always been "it's done when it's done".

:3 Though, I find it how funny and ominous this post made in 2007 has proven so true. And ironically, I wonder if they can even make this kind of a deadline? o_O;

http://forums.novelnews.net/showpost...4&postcount=73

Meh, either way. I sit here waiting patiently, looking forward to it, no matter how long it takes. Take your time guys!!
Well. I am in college now :3 XD
Old 2009-08-27, 21:55
Obsessive

Hm, Ag, or someone on the translation "team" (If I may say so ^^;;)

What is the plot of Narci2? I've actually been wondering that for these longs years. I know it is a prequel, but can you give us a quick runthrough on the story?

If not, no prob! :D
Old 2009-08-28, 08:15
Regular

^
Well I'm not on the translation team, but I have read it, and if you don't mind...

(Rot13'd for spoiler reasons)

Gur fgbel eribyirf ntnva nebhaq gjb cebgntbavfgf, guvf gvzr obgu srznyr:

Uvzrxb naq Frgfhzv.

Vg fgnegf bss jvgu fubjvat Uvzrxb'f abezny yvsr jvgu fbzr urnegjnezvat fprarf jvgu ure orfg sevraq (pbzcnenoyr gb gur "abezny yvsr" fprar bs gur znyr cebgntbavfg trggvat uvf qevire'f yvprafr va gur svefg tnzr, nyorvg zhpu ybatre guvf gvzr).

Jvgubhg fcbvyvat nalguvat, gurl fbeg bs znqr n cebzvfr gb tb qb fbzrguvat arkg jrrxraq, naq gura Uvzrxb fhqqrayl tbg fvpx, znxvat shysvyyvat gung cebzvfr vzcbffvoyr.

Uvzrxb gura trgf cynprq va 7S. Fur ortvaf gb fuha ure orfg sevraq naq ure fvfgre (er: ure fvfgre ibyhagrref va 7S, nf n "urycre").

Ol punapr, Uvzrxb zrrgf Frgfhzv va gur ubfcvgny ba bar bs Frgfhzv'f serdhrag purpxhcf (ng guvf cbvag, Frgfhzv bayl yvirq arne gur ubfcvgny, naq qvq abg trg nqzvggrq vagb 7S lrg). Uvzrxb abgvprq gurer jnf n ohggba zvffvat ba Frgfhzv'f fuveg naq bssrerq gb svk vg sbe ure. Gurl riraghnyyl orpbzr sevraqf.

Sebz urer gurer'f dhvgr n ovg bs punenpgre qrirybczrag sbe obgu punenpgref (vapyhqvat serdhrag synfuonpxf) hagvy gur pbapyhfvba.

Fbzr abgrjbegul cbvagf (ntnva, jvgubhg tbvat vagb terng qrgnvyf bs fcbvyref):

-Uvzrxb vf n pne snangvp, naq gurer jnf na byq pne (V sbetrg gur zbqry... fbeel. Vg qvq unir n ergenpgnoyr fha ebbs gubhtu, vs gung urycf) fur svkrq hc orsber fur jnf ubfcvgnyvmrq. Guvf jnf gurve "trgnjnl iruvpyr" fvzvyne gb gur bar va Anepvffh (1).

-Uvzrxb vf (jnf?) n Puevfgvna. Fur pnyyf urefrys n "snxr oryvrire". Ng bar cbvag, fur, gbb, ibyhagrrerq ng 7S nf n urycre. (V'z fher lbh pna vzntvar ubj guvf whkgncbfrf jvgu gur jubyr grezvany vyyarff ovg)

-Jr trg n ovg bs vafvtug vagb Frgfhzv'f cneragf juvpu znxrf gur fvghngvba zber gentvp.

-Dhvgr n ovg sebz Anepvffh (1) trgf erirnyrq va Anepvffh 2. Sbe rknzcyr, Frgfhzv'f hapnaal xabjyrqtr bs pnef, jul fur ernq gur znc fb zhpu gung fur zrzbevmrq vgf pbagragf, jul fur jnagrq gb jrne n fjvzfhvg/onguvat fhvg ng gur ornpu nf ure erdhrfg, rg prgren.

There's quite a bit of content in Narcissu 2 that can be compared to Narcissu (1). And depending on your view point, you'll either like it or dislike it.

My friends that have also read it can be pretty evenly divided into these two camps. The people that like it view it as interesting and well-used juxtaposition of the two games whereas the ones that dislike it insist that it is bad recycling. I am in the former camp.

Last edited by Ae772; 2009-08-28 at 08:20.