gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-01-31, 01:05
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
Now if you gals could just get a decent host... >__>;; If you want we can mirror it on sacchin or shana or wherever?
Hmmm... In retrospect, that sounds not at all like I meant it... I intended no criticism, I was merely pointing out that I don't believe rapidshare to be a good host. It's not my place to tell you what you should or should not use as a host, and I was not trying to. Apologies if I sounded like I was flamebaiting.

Back on topic, has anyone tried the patch yet? How is it?
Old 2009-01-31, 03:32
Regular

I played through to the end as soon as I downloaded the patch, and it's typically excellent work from the twins :D Translation was flawless, we got a generous helping of notes and trivia, and I really like the newly added in-game NOTES function.

And dang, but that ending still brought the chills, even though I'd already seen it in both manga and anime form and knew exactly what was coming. ;_;
Old 2009-01-31, 03:58
Unregistered

They have it hosted on MediaFire too... so it's not so bad.
Old 2009-01-31, 06:23
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitecon View Post
Congratulations and thank you :)
Now, I have new motivation to keep nagging certain person to go and buy me a copy of Higurashi, and then to bring it with him when he returns from Japan next time :D
You realise Onikakushi's free, right? Although, yeah, buy the lot anyway because they're good games. I'd suggest downloading them except some people seem to have had issues with the DRM used (I don't remember who was selling the games - probably not DLsite, since their DRM is relatively unintrusive).

Last edited by Asceai; 2009-01-31 at 06:33.
Old 2009-01-31, 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
You realise Onikakushi's free, right? Although, yeah, buy the lot anyway because they're good games. I'd suggest downloading them except some people seem to have had issues with the DRM used (I don't remember who was selling the games - probably not DLsite, since their DRM is relatively unintrusive).
Well, I wanted to get Himatsubushi, and from what I recall that one is not free. And if I like something, I prefer to buy it, cd, box and paper manual included.
Old 2009-01-31, 13:24
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
I haven't run into any DRM issues at all. The DRM is only on the executable (and questionably a few WAV files), which gets replaced with a version of ONScripter-en that works perfectly anyway. It's not even necessary to go through the activation procedure.

Congratulations to the Futago-tachi on a job well done! ^_^
Old 2009-06-28, 22:27
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

Talking Watanagashi Day 1 Release!

Hi everybody!

We have the Sonozaki Futago-tachi release of Higurashi no NAku Koro ni: Watanagashi - Day 1 ready for your enjoyment! The patch is only for the full version of Higurashi (Himatsubushi), of course; it also includes Onikakushi, also of course ;)

Check our blog for more details.

Enjoy the fun and games!
Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2009-07-02, 16:20

Is this project now dead then if Mangagamer is releasing it? I hope not.

I personally dont like MG due to the fact that I dont like digital copies of games... since you dont really own what you buy but "lease" for as long as the company is around and holds the license to the title in question.
Old 2009-07-02, 21:40
Obsessive

I already own all 3 Higu discs but will rebuy from MG in a second. Showing support for Higurashi is worth it.

HOWEVER, Sonozaki-tachi has been delivering a really awesome translation to us all and it would be a shame to have it all for naught. MG has a questionable translation history after all. (Sell the translation to MG? XD)

What happens happens but I hope they at least finish Watanagashi.
Old 2009-07-02, 22:51
Unregistered

I personally think it would be better if the Sonozaki twins dropped the project.

It seems like a wasted effort if they keep going at this point. Higurashi (probably all of the question arcs) will be released by the end of this year, and at the pace they are going now they most likely won't finish Watanagashi, much less the entirety of the question arcs. Plus, if they translate concurrently with the officially endorsed company, it would run counter to the effort to bring more Higurashi games to English speaking fans. With the way the twins tell the people on their site to buy the original games, I am sure they wouldn't want that. We should all be encouraged to buy the MG translated releases to show our support so that they may release more Higurashi games in the future.

I played and enjoyed their outstanding translation of Onikakushi and I thank them for that, but it's time to call it quits.
Old 2009-07-03, 00:22
Unregistered

Quote:
We should all be encouraged to buy the MG translated releases to show our support so that they may release more Higurashi games in the future.
Encouraged to buy mediocre translations of the games to encourage more mediocre translations of the games in the future? Do you really dislike Higurashi games that much?
Old 2009-07-03, 00:34
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Encouraged to buy mediocre translations of the games to encourage more mediocre translations of the games in the future? Do you really dislike Higurashi games that much?
Yeah, you're right!

We should just let these games stay in japanese instead of showing there are people interested in them!

Fuck mediocre translations, I prefer my games in japanese!

Seriously though, if people can play Umineko with that "WHY ARE YOU CALLING YOURSELF ORE INSTEAD OF WATASHI" translation, they can play Higurashi with Mangagamer-level translation.

It's not like their translations are worse than Hirameki, and I didn't see that many complaints about Ever17.
Old 2009-07-03, 00:39
Local

Send a message via AIM to pbsaffran Send a message via Skype™ to pbsaffran

Edited: I read the other thread. This is really bad news.

Last edited by pbsaffran; 2009-07-03 at 00:43.
Old 2009-07-03, 02:21
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, you're right!

We should just let these games stay in japanese instead of showing there are people interested in them!

Fuck mediocre translations, I prefer my games in japanese!

Seriously though, if people can play Umineko with that "WHY ARE YOU CALLING YOURSELF ORE INSTEAD OF WATASHI" translation, they can play Higurashi with Mangagamer-level translation.

It's not like their translations are worse than Hirameki, and I didn't see that many complaints about Ever17.
It seems like you're missing the point. Something is definitely better than nothing, you get no argument from me here. But it's not like Sonozaki sisters were going to drop their project, so the fans would get their translation sooner or later. Okay, rather later than sooner, but their patience would be rewarded. What I cannot agree with is that Sonozaki twins should drop their project, stop bringing fans their outstanding (your own word) translation in order to encourage people to buy mediocre half-baked shit from company that doesn't care much about quality. Encouraging mediocrity just doesn't seem right to me.
Old 2009-07-03, 04:28
Local

Maybe they should apply as proofreaders for the project - after all they already know the japanese in these games very well :P