gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-10-21, 23:57

Default Higurashi - what is out?

Can someone explain to me what is out for this game(s)?

I know there were/are 3 dojin CDs you can buy with the game on it... with various arcs. From what I can find out these arcs were originally released separately, but has since been collected into 3 CDs.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Matsuribayashi-hen
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei

I know hinamizawaclub.com use to exist and was working on translating the game... but i seem to recall that they were focused a part not animated yet... I dont know how far they got before they disappeared. They were releasing patches for each "day" but I dont recall or know which arc or disc they were working on or how far they got.

Now we have a new group doing, Sonozaki Futago-tachi, doing a translation of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It seems their patch is up to day 14 of the 1st arc, Onikakushi-hen.

Can someone fill me in on what parts have been translated? I dont understand why the days skip... did the storyline on those arcs skip days as well? How many days are in each arc?

Since the anime for the 1st season is being released again in the US, I am watching the show and would like to play/read the game/visual novel.
Old 2008-10-22, 10:34
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Anath

Hinamizawaclub was translating the Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi arcs, but stalled after chapter 7.

From the looks of it, Sonozaki Futago-tachi plans to translate all the arcs. At the moment, they've finished up to day 14 of Onikakushi, and there are days missing because the game doesn't include what happens on those days. There are only 15 days in Onikakushi. I'm not aware how many days are in the other arcs.
Old 2008-10-22, 10:45
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

Actually, the game does account for Days 6-8, with the line "Then a few days passed." I think we'll just say "Days 1-1x" from now on, to avoid the confusion ^^;

Of course, the full Onikakushi release will simply be called "Onikakushi".

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2008-10-22, 19:06
Keriaku

So in short:

Up to chapter (day) 7 of the 7th arc, Minagoroshi-hen
Up to Chapter (day) 14 of the 1st arc, Onikakushi-hen

I'm pretty sure there was also a text translation of Rei, somewhere (animesuki?), wasn't there?
Old 2008-10-23, 16:32
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Anath

I was unaware of it before you mentioned it, but apparently there is! Here's a link. Supposedly someone was gonna edit it and make a patch to put it in the game, but... nobody's posted since August, so who knows if that will ever happen.
Old 2008-10-26, 09:26
Local

Send a message via AIM to pbsaffran Send a message via Skype™ to pbsaffran

I'm not supposed to talk about it, but the company who has the rights to the Higurashi games has asked for an audit about the translation of the game to various translation studios.
Do you think the bittorrent thingie would kill the project or not? Could YOU assess the situation?
Old 2008-10-26, 12:04
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsaffran View Post
I'm not supposed to talk about it, but the company who has the rights to the Higurashi games has asked for an audit about the translation of the game to various translation studios.
Do you think the bittorrent thingie would kill the project or not? Could YOU assess the situation?
Can you explain that in a bit more detail? What "bittorrent thingie"?
Old 2008-10-26, 12:27
Obsessive

I would definitely buy English translated game, so bittorent thingie would not apply to me
Old 2008-10-26, 13:09

If we get all of Higurashi in english, than the bittorrent thingie will not drive me from getting the official release. Quite the opposite, since I got a taste of what Higu is like, I want more of it, and I want it badly.
Old 2008-10-26, 15:03
Local

i'll buy higurashi if it came to the NDS in english!
Old 2008-10-26, 17:01
Obsessive

I would buy Higurashi for any platform in English whether I owned it or not because it is that good.

DS would be my first choice after PC.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:07
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoNegro View Post
i'll buy higurashi if it came to the NDS in english!
if it go DS, then I would not buy it and do bittorent thingie along with emulator thingie...
Old 2008-10-27, 06:49
kouryuu

Wait, what's going on exactly?

Though being able to make any translation an official one is a good thing...what exactly is happening?
Old 2008-10-27, 15:24
Local

Send a message via AIM to pbsaffran Send a message via Skype™ to pbsaffran

I'm just saying that one of my acquaintances, a certain guy who happens to be in charge of bringing Higurashi outside Japan, has asked for an audit of the costs involved in translating the game - to several translation bureaus.
I seriously doubt the DS version is coming - though I must admit that with the yen being that strong, the financial problem wouldn't be as formidable as it was last month.
The biggest problem is: when is the game worth exporting? Release it in French and the market is probably too small. Release it in English and the whole world can jump on the bittorrent bandwagon.
So again, with a twist, my question: do you think the western audience is ready to actually buy doujin games? (as opposed to downloading them)
Old 2008-10-27, 15:53
Local

God, today was released the second episode of Umineko by WitchHunt, so lets play ^^