gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-01-29, 16:59
Regular

Send a message via MSN to ChronoEX

actually, after doing a quick search, I managed to find the translation patch for After Story at http://frehabase.blogbus.com/logs/12958353.html (haven't tried it out yet, so not sure if it works). Can you post the link to where you got the translation patch for Kotomi's route?

heh, I'm going to try applying the full voice patch and see if the game still works. If it doesn't...well...guess I'll have to wait for KeyFC to release the final version of the translation patch along with the full voice patch. To me, the best case scenario would be the release of a traditional Chinese patch with full voices, but I'm willing to go either way

"3 关于CLANNAD汉化进度及发布方式. CLANNAD的汉化已进入收尾阶段。之后的版本将全部作为Kanon的推广特典发布。

初步预计在1月前后推出第五版,随Kanon最终话推出CLANNAD最终版。繁体版预计在近期推出第二版。

语音补丁将在Kanon播出期间完成全部制作与连载。"

Of course, this was posted like, in 2006, so I'm going to have to do some more news digging.

EDIT: Heh, not much point worrying about this too much. All I can do is just wait and see how things turn out

Last edited by ChronoEX; 2008-01-29 at 17:53.
Old 2008-01-29, 17:34

Oh awesome thanks for the link! The patch was just released today too.

I found the info for the patch of Kotomi's route here first http://www.keyfc.net/bbs/showtopic-21977.aspx then went to look up on Baidu and found this http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=269257393

But the download links seem to be dead. :(

PS. after reading more, it seems like the AS patch was already released at christmas time last year.

Last edited by p997tt; 2008-01-29 at 18:02.
Old 2008-01-29, 18:11
Regular

heh, either the link doesn't work, or it's almost impossible to connect to the site -_-; Kinda why I really wish the Chinese online community would be less forum-oriented and actually create a few proper websites <_<

On a side note, interesting article I found while searching through the forums (don't worry, it's English): 1st arrest made over virus creation. Interesting how the virus was made based on an image from Clannad ^_^;

Last edited by ChronoEX; 2008-01-29 at 18:29.
Old 2008-01-29, 20:30

I just tried the After Story patch, everything works great as long as you follow the instructions in the readme file and copy the save file into the right folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoEX View Post
On a side note, interesting article I found while searching through the forums (don't worry, it's English): 1st arrest made over virus creation. Interesting how the virus was made based on an image from Clannad ^_^;
Clannad Virus...O_o
Old 2008-01-29, 20:35
Local

IIRC, someone spread a Kanon virus via Winny last year. It was suspected to be an anti-otaku attack.
Old 2008-01-29, 21:47
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to hkuclion

Infact,our AS patch already contains Kotomi route and necessary Public route to reach Kotimi route...
So I delete the file for Kotomi route at Mofile to spare space for another one...TomoyoAfter PS2->PC testVertion...
Old 2008-01-29, 22:06
Regular

Interesting, you were also the one that provided the link to the patch on Baidu. What a coincidence.
The AS patch you were talking about is this one, right?
http://www.kamikey.com/viewthread.ph...37;3D1&page=12

Last edited by ChronoEX; 2008-01-29 at 22:43.
Old 2008-01-30, 02:36
Chewy

I'm Taiwanese. I spent the first 10 years of my life in Taiwan, and the rest of my years in Canada. I can speak both Mandarin and English fluently, and can also read both. I've kind of forgotten how to write Chinese, and I can't understand the deeper Chinese literature too well just because I haven't been exposed to it that much. I can also read Japanese, but I can't converse with it too well because I don't have anyone to practice with :)

For the Chinese side of things, I would suggest you guys check out the translation for "Parfait ~chocolate second brew Re-order ~" on sumisora, and also keep an eye out for future-digi's commercial translation of 遥かに仰ぎ、麗しの coming out on 02/16/2008, and T-TIME's commercial translation of Remember11 coming out in February too. Clannad is great and all, but there are translations for games out there that are just as good, if not better.
Old 2008-01-30, 16:41
Regular

heh, really can't wait for the Chinese release of Remember11, as well as After Rain Vol. 1 and 2 (or something like that), despite how mediocre the Memories Off series was (except for #5 The Film that Ended. That was a GOOD game)
Old 2008-01-30, 22:58

I am also waiting for 12Riven. The story is written by the same author as Ever17 (one of my favourite VNs) and T-time has already announced that they will translate the game and make a PC version of it.

From what I read on R11, it's like Ever17 but without Coco's route. Not sure how true that is though.
Old 2008-01-31, 00:21
Chewy

I can assure you it's true. Even the epilogue of Remember11 chucks a huge mystery at you and then leaves you hanging. I'm just telling you guys now so you mentally prepare yourselves. The game does answer some of its mysteries, but a lot more are left either unanswered, or just buried in TIPS for you to figure out. I guarantee out of 10 people who play this game, 1 will chuck it at the wall out of frustration. Other than that, the game is absolutely amazing. The whole personality exchange as a storytelling device was done extremely well. If you're into psychology, this game is a must play.

As for 12Riven, even though Uchikoshi Koutarou (打越鋼太郎) is involved, Nakazawa Takumi (中澤工) isn't. There was a comment from someone on EGS that stuck in my mind:

"中澤のいない打越に、期待できるものはなにもない"

Personally I'm still looking forward to it though. I'm just going to wait for fan reactions before I actually purchase it.
Old 2008-01-31, 00:50
Regular

well, better left a mystery rather than coming up with an unexpected-but-rather-cheap explanation for everything that happened like in Ever17. I was expecting something much more intricate and complicated than "Lbh'er npghnyyl na ragvgl gung geniryf guebhtu gvzr, guhf rkcynvavat jul guvatf bpphe gur jnl gurl qvq" -_-; (am I the only one that thinks that that is the saddest excuse of a solution to a mystery ever?). I guess to me it just feels that the person who wrote the story wrote himself into a corner and was desperate to come up with a solution that makes sense (not meaning to offend anyone, because the story was really good. It's just...wasn't what I was expecting at the end)

Last edited by ChronoEX; 2008-01-31 at 00:53.
Old 2008-02-04, 22:55

I was wondering for the Memories Off series, is it necessary to play from the first game in order to fully understand the story? I am quite interested in trying this series out but I could only find 4 and 5 (from Yesasia) and I don't have that much time to play all 5 of them even if I could find them.
Old 2008-02-04, 23:47
Chewy

Nope. Each story is separate (unless you're talking about sorekara again and encore). However, there are recurring characters and some dialogue will just make more sense and be more interesting if you've played through the other games. For example, they might reference an event or a character that was in a previous game and it will seem kind of out of the blue if you haven't played it (ie: why are you going into such detail about some guy who doesn't seem to have anything to do with the storyline ?). None of these will be crucial to understanding what's going on though, they just enhance the game. I don't know if you're familiar with ... say.... the Suikoden franchise. The concept is very similar. You can play each game separately and it will make sense, but together they form the Memories Off experience.

This might help: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm152620.
Old 2008-02-06, 22:33

Ok it looks like I will check MO4 and 5 out later. Right now I am still playing through Utawarerumono and I also can't wait to play Kanon, Clannad and Narcissu 2.

So many games to play, so little time. :( (1 hour is all I have got a night for VN, sometimes even less)

btw I have played Suikoden 1 and 2 years ago. The only thing I remember is there are heaps of usable characters.