gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-09-09, 23:39
Local

Ok people, one of my newswriters has posted sth today which made me, well, feel kicked you can say:
http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/inde...jc_allComments
Lemme also quote it here:
Quote:
The Leaf Game Translation Group has, according to them, finished their translation of To Heart 2. However, this is their official announcement for the release:

"That's right, we've released it.

We decided to give it only to people we know extremely well and trust to not distribute to pirates, and have told them to distribute it, if they wish, to only others who are likewise familiar to them. Who are these people? Well, if you know them well enough, they might just tell you. Or even give you the translation. If not, well, too bad.

We will NOT be distributing it via direct download or, god forbid, anything to do with P2P."

Here's the release thread if anyone has some choice words for the group and their ridiculously elitist policy.
Well, would like to hear your thoughts.

EDIT: Moved over to new thread to join discussion topics

Last edited by zalas; 2007-09-10 at 07:24.
Old 2007-09-10, 01:22
Regular

At least they don't make up excuses. They clearly say (on their board) they are sick of flaming trolls and want to spite those with this. I think I can relate to that :) With the amount of flames they received (I never understood why they didn't turn off anonymous posting though, all of the spam came from that) it's a miracle they saw this translation through to the end.
Old 2007-09-10, 01:30
Local

Well, for flames you can just close the discussion or limit it, so I see no point there. I just don't understand, if they release the translation only for people they know, why make it public? I only pity those who've bought To Heart 2 anticipating the translation patch and are now there with nothing.
Ah well, I understand the reasons those translators have, but for me this action is still kinda, well, ridiculous..
Old 2007-09-10, 01:48
Obsessive

Well if somebody did buy the game and asked them sincerely with enough evidence, I would believe they will give the patch to them.

Otherwise I would just have to say I don't like those translators.
Old 2007-09-10, 02:29
Posts way too much

Default To Heart 2 translation/private release

Discuss.

My thoughts: I think it's a bit of a shame, but I can definitely see where they're coming from. And I think the number of people who will go to the trouble of patching and playing a PS2 game is pretty low anyhow. That said, a proper release would be nice.

n.b: I don't personally care about ToHeart2, nor do I own a PS2 in any case.

EDIT: Oh, huh, this was already posted about here: http://forums.visualnews.net/showthr...?t=9789&page=5
I think a separate thread for it might still be a good thing, though.
Old 2007-09-10, 02:55
Narumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
And I think the number of people who will go to the trouble of patching and playing a PS2 game is pretty low anyhow. That said, a proper release would be nice.

n.b: I don't personally care about ToHeart2, nor do I own a PS2 in any case.
As I understand it, while it uses the PS2 version, it can be played on a PC.
Old 2007-09-10, 05:05
Unregistered

That's just immature IMO. Not to offend anyone, but I would go so far as to say that the kind of attitude they exhibit on their boards is exactly the one I would expect from some spoiled and capricious children. It's their decision though and I see no point in forcing my personal opinion on them (not that they would listen anyway).
Old 2007-09-10, 05:08
Rasqual Twilight

*gets the pop-corn out*
Old 2007-09-10, 05:16
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
As I understand it, while it uses the PS2 version, it can be played on a PC.
Indeed.

Thanks to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ToHeart...e_code_release

So somebody made a program that just dumps the PS2 resources into the PC engine.
Old 2007-09-10, 05:34
Local

I understand them, but the way they present everything is ridiculous in my opinion, not to say that for me they are quite arrogant.
Old 2007-09-10, 08:00
Unregistered

On the one hand, I understand they can do whatever they want but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous. Too many reasons to count.

On the other, I'm not really interested in To Heart in general (first time I've ever typed the name "To Heart" anywhere, I believe), so I'm not too affected by this, either way.

Let them be and move on to something else, I'd suggest.
Old 2007-09-10, 08:38
3dB

Well, I respect their decision, but I think it was made for the wrong reason. If they wanted to limit who received the patch because of ethical issues I'd be inclined to agree with that choice. Instead, as a few people already mentioned, they've turned their release into a somewhat childish response to a childish problem. Now that they have a finished patch they feel that they wield the power and it's time to get revenge for a wrong that they feel they've suffered. It's an action that's tantamount to telling an entire class that nobody is going to get juice because Billy and Sandy were being naughty. In this case, however, Johnny is going to be getting juice. I mean, we know Johnny didn't do anything. The rest of you are guilty until proven innocent.

I don't know what they're hoping to achieve by performing such an action, but I highly doubt their going to get the satisfaction they're looking for out of it. I predict that this will eventually see public release, or at least legitimate owners of the game will be able to get their hands on patches. Personally, I have no interest in To Heart. I think that their choice and the reasoning behind it is very unfair to a large part of the community.

Last edited by 3dB; 2007-09-10 at 08:55.
Old 2007-09-10, 10:24
Local

Quote:
Well, I respect their decision, but I think it was made for the wrong reason. If they wanted to limit who received the patch because of ethical issues I'd be inclined to agree with that choice. Instead, as a few people already mentioned, they've turned their release into a somewhat childish response to a childish problem. Now that they have a finished patch they feel that they wield the power and it's time to get revenge for a wrong that they feel they've suffered. It's an action that's tantamount to telling an entire class that nobody is going to get juice because Billy and Sandy were being naughty. In this case, however, Johnny is going to be getting juice. I mean, we know Johnny didn't do anything. The rest of you are guilty until proven innocent.

I don't know what they're hoping to achieve by performing such an action, but I highly doubt their going to get the satisfaction they're looking for out of it.
Yes, their aim is just to rile up those who offended them in the past (and possibly newcomers whom they'd automatically place in the same category).

Quote:
I understand them, but the way they present everything is ridiculous in my opinion, not to say that for me they are quite arrogant.
Well, the decision on release format (and especially the online announcement, which is there to rub it in) was made out of spite rather than arrogance. Of course, the end result is probably the same.

This group possibly expected some kind of online hysteria to follow, which might allow them to sit back and delight in the anger/disappointment/flames. However, it doesn't seem as if many people care.
Old 2007-09-10, 10:33
Unregistered

I've been following this group since before they even had a group name, and I think justice is with them. There seem to be far more idiots and trolls and to borrow their words, flaming assholes than people genuinely interested in the patch.

I mean, random page of a random progress thread turns up this post:

"This is rather irritating. I spent $70 on TH2 XRated at Otakon this year, assuming that due to its popularity it'd have a translation on the way.

The fact that you all are, for whatever insane reason(piracy or whatever, people can download PS2 ISOs too) are only going with translating the PS2 version is just blowing my mind.

There HAS to be a group somewhere working on the PC version, XRated or not. If anyone knows of such a group, please let me know so I can throw my support behind them. Ugh, PS2 only, that is so insane."

Note that the PS2 version was released long before the PC version, and that they started this thing before the PC version was released.

If someone's to blame, it's all these self-righteous people who have no idea what's going on.

Quote:
This group possibly expected some kind of online hysteria to follow, which might allow them to sit back and delight in the anger/disappointment/flames. However, it doesn't seem as if many people care.
There was hysteria on their board which prompted them to disable posting. :P
Old 2007-09-10, 11:39
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"This is rather irritating. I spent $70 on TH2 XRated at Otakon this year, assuming that due to its popularity it'd have a translation on the way.

The fact that you all are, for whatever insane reason(piracy or whatever, people can download PS2 ISOs too) are only going with translating the PS2 version is just blowing my mind.

There HAS to be a group somewhere working on the PC version, XRated or not. If anyone knows of such a group, please let me know so I can throw my support behind them. Ugh, PS2 only, that is so insane."
This is just laziness... if I have completed script its that hard to reedit it for eroge and release it too? It should not be that different...

Well I could not care less about it, but its funny to read all this drama (its more enjoyable than actual game lol)