gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

View Poll Results: What do you like best about Kanon?
The story 15 75.00%
Cute girls 1 5.00%
Good main charracter 1 5.00%
It has good themes 3 15.00%
It happens in intresting places 0 0%
Voters: 20. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-19, 00:22
Visitor

Default What makes Kanon so speacial?

Mind you I'am not here to irratate, annoy or troll. I would just like to know what makes kanon so amazing game that I have heard it to be? I have only sawn a little bit of it at my friends house so I don't have a personal opinion as of yet.
I would think if there wouldn't be something totally awsome about it there wouldn't be so much of fuss about it. There must be hundreads of games like Kanon in japan why choose Kanon?

Also on a sidenote was animes about air and kanon just lucky strikes of should I be realistically expecting anime out of Clannad as well?
Old 2005-01-19, 06:40
adun50

only one choice, well I guess it'd have to be the story. but also the cute girls. <3 <3 Nayuki.

as for a Clannad anime. i guess it can be considered on many factors, eg popularity of the game (which is pretty high in Japan), the success of Air anime, or if Key want to make a Clannad anime. but keep in mind if they do, it won't be out for a few years.
Old 2005-01-19, 09:39
Regular

I'd go with the story as the main point.

Also the girls, the main charecter (though a charecter's lines, are part of a story) and the music. The style of the drawings are nice too.
Old 2005-01-19, 13:47
Local

I'll say it's Kanon's themes. Man Shiori's spirit, her way of fighting death, all those had a big effect on me.

If there ever is a CLANNAD anime, expect it to come out around 2008... 3 years per anime/game lag time.

1999/2002 Kanon
2001/2005 AIR
2003/2008? CLANNAD

and just for kicks i hope there's going to be a Planetarian anime!

AIR anime seems to be ruling the anime boards around the USA
Old 2005-01-19, 22:10
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
I'll say it's Kanon's themes. Man Shiori's spirit, her way of fighting death, all those had a big effect on me.

If there ever is a CLANNAD anime, expect it to come out around 2008... 3 years per anime/game lag time.

1999/2002 Kanon
2001/2005 AIR
2003/2008? CLANNAD

AIR anime seems to be ruling the anime boards around the USA
Thanks this helped a lot. Now I have set my calendar straight.
Old 2005-01-20, 17:24
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
That would be probably an interesting concept in movie form. I don't think Planetarian would be able to be made into an anime or an OVA.
Old 2005-01-20, 21:52
Obsessive

Location: Trying not to get thrown out by Reverie like that Nazi in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.
Send a message via AIM to New Send a message via MSN to New Send a message via Yahoo to New

Cute girls. Or, the cute girls. People say story, but the story is character driven; without the characters, no catalyst or something's gonna happen; hell won't freeze over. But their personas, problems, lives, SOULS, fuel and drive the sole purpose of the existance of the story!

And Nayuki is the best!
Old 2005-01-21, 03:28
AzureLight

ザ・ワン・アンド・オンリー・月宮あゆ
Old 2005-01-21, 03:42
Obsessive

さわたり まこと を わすれないで よ!
(Don't forget Sawatari Makoto!)

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I began with the anime. While I like all the characters and as I said elsewhere was interested in playing the Nayuki angle of the game due to how close it came in the anime (spoiler-tagged in the other time I mentioned it, so here again)... in the anime story I like Nayuki, and Ayu, and all the others etc., but Makoto's story was really cool and interesting and bizarre. She was a nifty person. Hence the statement above. (Besides, we've already got the Nayuki and Ayu representers in da house just above this post)

Slipgate
Closed Thread