gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-24, 16:38
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu
Default Kanon Bargain Edition?

Anyone know anything about it? It came out not to long ago, and sporting a price of $35 (http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...section-games/), I'm not complaining very much, I'm just curious to know if there is any differances from the original PS2 Version AND (by far the most important for me), can the voice patch be used with the extracted Voice Files from this version?
Old 2004-12-24, 22:07

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Looks like a cheap rerelease of the PS2 version to me :/
I wonder if they mixed it up with Kanon Standard Edition, and if they did, I'm buying it <_<
Old 2004-12-25, 02:10
Regular

Yeah, I've seen an ad of it before. It's talking about "added functions" but I have no idea what they are supposed to be. Anyway, I've already ordered it and am expecting to receive it sometime January, since I didn't have the console version yet. I'll write up the differences once I have it, if there are any, but keep in mind that I only have the original adult PC version to compare with.
Old 2004-12-25, 07:38
Obsessive

I'm curious what there might be other than "fixing typos" and the like that the guy was talking about in the Key staff diary.

At the moment the main appeal the PS2 version has for me is Yuuichi's voice, since I haven't seen either console (DC or PS2) version to know why they're considered awesome (I mean other than the voices, I've heard that they're much nicer also).

Slipgate
Old 2004-12-25, 17:45
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipgate
I'm curious what there might be other than "fixing typos" and the like that the guy was talking about in the Key staff diary.

At the moment the main appeal the PS2 version has for me is Yuuichi's voice, since I haven't seen either console (DC or PS2) version to know why they're considered awesome (I mean other than the voices, I've heard that they're much nicer also).
I'm guessing "added functionality" will be restricted to something like autoplay, easier to use menus, or a read-sensitive skip function. It'd be wise not to get your hopes up =P

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the PS2 version (or any version, for that matter) has Yuuichi's voice.
Old 2005-01-05, 15:01
Regular

Well, uh, I received it 2 days ago (which was remarkably fast considering the holidays) and I fired it up to see if it worked as it should and all. Since I don't know anything about the original PS2 version it's really hard to say anything useful about what has been changed. Anyway, it has voices (except for Yuuichi) and all the other features that I was already familiar with in the PS2 version of Air. I don't know if anything has been added to the omake section, but I personally doubt that.

If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them, but take note that I haven't really played through it yet and won't for a while since I have some other stuff to complete first.
Old 2005-01-05, 15:17
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgath
If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them...
Do you have the ability to rip files from it, and if so, any chance I could have a copy of SCRIPT.PAK? :p
Old 2005-01-05, 15:31
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Do you have the ability to rip files from it, and if so, any chance I could have a copy of SCRIPT.PAK? :p
Scandalous! j/k

Slipgate
Old 2005-01-05, 23:40
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgath
If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them...
I just copy-pasted SCRIPT.PAK from the DVD. It's 2.63 MB so... how would you like me to send it?
Old 2005-01-06, 03:31
Ex-boss

Armed with a copy of the script, I can reveal that the differences from the original (at least as far as the script's concerned) are... *drumroll* minor corrections. A fairly large number, mind you, and with a couple of useful new readings in there that will call for revisions to the translation.

Interestingly enough, a number of the corrections are still missing from Kanon ~standard edition~. Could it be that Key really don't have access to Interchannel's scripts?

Sadly (?), the rumours that Kitagawa would become a winnable character in an all-new yaoi scenario appear not to have been true.
Old 2005-01-06, 17:38

Quote:
Sadly (?), the rumours that Kitagawa would become a winnable character in an all-new yaoi scenario appear not to have been true.
Hah. I bet they'd put in a harem ending before they did that.
Old 2005-01-07, 17:06
AzureLight

Yea, since when did Kanon appealed to the girls?

But you mean you're still trying to find the purpose of Kitagawa in the story?
Old 2005-01-09, 08:40
Regular

ah...so this is a all guys forum then, i presume? :P
Old 2005-01-09, 20:55
adun50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie
ah...so this is a all guys forum then, i presume? :P
pretty much, unless they are lurking in the shadows somewhere
Old 2005-01-12, 06:04
AzureLight

Quote: