gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-02-20, 19:55
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuu View Post
Wine for Mac: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

And I use VMware Fusion for the rest.
With Leopard and Spaces its Perfect. :P
One Desktop Windows, three others MacOSX.
Ah yes, CrossOver is technically Wine isn't it? I was thinking of the open-source implementations and forgot about it. My friend tried Clannad with the trial of CrossOver Games but couldn't get it to install.

Which version do you suggest basic or professional?
Old 2009-02-20, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuichi View Post
Ah yes, CrossOver is technically Wine isn't it? I was thinking of the open-source implementations and forgot about it. My friend tried Clannad with the trial of CrossOver Games but couldn't get it to install.

Which version do you suggest basic or professional?
IIRC, there are two versions of CrossOver, one for games and one for other programs like Office etc...

But I think Wine should be enough, just remember to change registry value in HKCU\Software\Wine\Direct3D\DirectDrawRender to opengl for better performance.
Old 2009-02-21, 04:30

Basically, if you can get wine to run, its better.
ATM Im using Crossover Office, not Games.
Only problem is, that Japanese isnt rendered correctly, and many English patches arent, too.
But I dont care enough to look for the problem right now.
Old 2009-02-21, 06:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuu View Post
Basically, if you can get wine to run, its better.
ATM Im using Crossover Office, not Games.
Only problem is, that Japanese isnt rendered correctly, and many English patches arent, too.
But I dont care enough to look for the problem right now.
Lastest versions of Wine (1.12+) has fixed a lot of font problems, and supported sub pixel rendering. For Japanese fonts problem, just use a good font and it should look nice.
Old 2009-02-21, 07:13

I did not mean Wine ;P
I spoke about Crossover, which probably uses Wine 1.0?! or something like that.
Old 2009-02-22, 11:20
Holly

Default Narcissu 2

I know translating is slow going, and 2 years later still happily waiting. Though a friend and I have taken to calling it "Narcissu Forever" (clicky here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_nukem_forever if you don't get the reference.)

I just really really pray it doesn't take this long.
Old 2009-02-22, 13:02
Posts way too much

At least it's not taking as long as Sakura no Uta.
Old 2009-02-22, 18:16
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
I know translating is slow going, and 2 years later still happily waiting. Though a friend and I have taken to calling it "Narcissu Forever" (clicky here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_nukem_forever if you don't get the reference.)

I just really really pray it doesn't take this long.
Truth be told, if Haeleth and Agilis really wanted, I think it could have been released around two weeks. (I remember Agilis translating Narcissu 1 into text with a week or Insani's release?)

Either way, the longer it takes, the better it might be.
But as long as it comes, I'm fine with it. :P
Old 2009-02-22, 19:33
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato View Post
Truth be told, if Haeleth and Agilis really wanted, I think it could have been released around two weeks. (I remember Agilis translating Narcissu 1 into text with a week or Insani's release?)

Either way, the longer it takes, the better it might be.
But as long as it comes, I'm fine with it. :P
Well, to keep the record straight, I started the text 'novelized' version at some point shortly after I found out about Narci... which was probably 3-4 weeks after it had come out... so it had taken me about a month or so of work to create it, mistakes and all.

I'd say that I'm somewhat slow. I've ground out as much as 400 lines in a day on the high end, but over the long average, I can't sustain that pace for many reasons, the biggest one right now being that I work 50+ hours a week so 400 is impossible.

But because I'm easily amused, and you people seem so intent on getting any scrap of information, I've prepared a small puzzle for everyone.

http://www.neechin.net/article/123/n...rogress-puzzle
Old 2009-02-23, 01:02
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilis View Post
Well, to keep the record straight, I started the text 'novelized' version at some point shortly after I found out about Narci... which was probably 3-4 weeks after it had come out... so it had taken me about a month or so of work to create it, mistakes and all.

I'd say that I'm somewhat slow. I've ground out as much as 400 lines in a day on the high end, but over the long average, I can't sustain that pace for many reasons, the biggest one right now being that I work 50+ hours a week so 400 is impossible.

But because I'm easily amused, and you people seem so intent on getting any scrap of information, I've prepared a small puzzle for everyone.

http://www.neechin.net/article/123/n...rogress-puzzle
Bah...
You could have let me keep thinking the way I did and let me think you were godly...

Anyone still have the .dmg for narci 1? I went to dl it off of the main site, and the direct download is about 3+ days and counting.
Old 2009-02-23, 03:23
M12

While we're on the topic of Narcissu, has anyone been following the manga series? If so, how is it? Is it a new story?

Also, could someone tell me what this item is:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%8A%E3...5387578&sr=8-1

Thanks heaps.
Old 2009-02-23, 08:39

Send a message via AIM to Maxine MagicFox Send a message via MSN to Maxine MagicFox Send a message via Yahoo to Maxine MagicFox

I also have a small question if someone would be kind enough to answer it for me. In the main game, there is never a name given for the male MC. I was surfing the stage-nana website the other day (I was bored) and I went onto the characters page and it looks as if they gave him a name (I had the page run through Google translator). Is this correct? Could someone verify the name for me? It was translated as Yu Atou. But then, beside a pic of Setsumi the translation had the name Mi Setsu (and her name was translated even stranger in the Narcissu2 section).
Old 2009-02-23, 11:31
M12

Unfortunately I can't translate the protagonist's name. On the random note, however, here're the heroines' full names (based on the visual fanbook):

Sakura Setsumi

And in Side 2nd:

Shinohara Himeko
Shinohara Chihiro
Akishima Yuka
Old 2009-02-23, 15:55

Send a message via AIM to Maxine MagicFox Send a message via MSN to Maxine MagicFox Send a message via Yahoo to Maxine MagicFox

Oh, well, I already know those, but thank you. I was only intrigued by the text beside the MC because he was never given a name in the games, so I was REALLY curious.

^_^ I hope someone will answer my question, but, thanks again M12. I hope someone answers your manga question since I'm curious about it as well.
Old 2009-02-23, 16:01
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Answer is that he had no name, but at some point, if memory serves, during the creation of the visual fanbook, he was given one, along with all the other characters going from simple names to full names. It may, or may not, have had something to do with the light novel that was in the works around that time, or possibly the manga. Could have been whim also.

Since I'm at work, the details in the fanbook are out of reach atm