gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2008-06-22, 05:53

Default Bug in ONE: Akane route.

I've struck an irritating error in ONE. During Akane's route, when Kouhei, Akane, Shiiko and Mio are about to leave school to go to Kouhei's for the Christmas party and it starts to rain -right at the scene transition after Kouhei comments on the rain- I get an error bleep, the text vanishes (as it normally does when scenes transition) but the transition doesn't happen. Upon checking my task manager I can see an error message has appeared, but can't get it to display. If I force quit it the message displays briefly before ONE shuts down; although I can't quite read it (too many kanji in too short a time), it mentions an error "in LoadLayer()". The first time I did this, is also very briefly displayed the next background image and text box, but the bottom 2/3 of the background was missing.

To add some more detail, the music does not stop but I can have no further effect on the interface; I am running with the english patch and this is the 2003 full voice edition. Can someone please help; I've been having enough trouble getting through ONE as it is (for varied reasons) without this crap happening to me just as things are getting interesting!
Old 2008-06-22, 12:44
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
To add some more detail, the music does not stop but I can have no further effect on the interface; I am running with the english patch and this is the 2003 full voice edition. Can someone please help; I've been having enough trouble getting through ONE as it is (for varied reasons) without this crap happening to me just as things are getting interesting!
Because it's really fucking hard, right? =P

Anyway, I can't help you personally, not knowing how ONE's scripting works et. al, but I can give you a save file just at that exact point you mentioned (tell me if this one is still too bad and I'll give you a save file at the textbox after).

http://www.asceai.net/du/u/SAVE00.LCS

Rename the '00' to the number of any free save slot and copy it into your 'sav' directory in ONE's data directory. It has full Akane love-love points, so you should have no trouble completing her route with it.
Old 2008-06-22, 16:03
Addicted

My understanding is that this happens when the engine has trouble loading an image file. We ran into this issue a few times during testing, but we couldn't really fix it as it couldn't be reliably duplicated.

If the save file doesn't do anything for you, try starting a new game and fast-scrolling back to where you were with CTRL.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:00

Thanks for the feedback, but neither the save game nor starting a new game helped. Maybe I should just try a reinstall...? Well, lacking any other options, I guess that'll have to do.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:08

Nope, even a full wipe and reinstall didn't help at all. Well, that's killed my remaining enthusiasm for finishing ONE. Guess I'll go and try Utawarerumono now...
Old 2008-06-22, 18:20
Addicted

One hackish solution you could try is to dump the image file it's requesting into the game directory, as the exe has access to all files there. If you can get a screenshot of the exact error, it may be possible to determine which file is causing the problem.
Old 2008-07-07, 18:31

OK, can someone give me a save from right after the NEXT scene change after the one I outlined? I'm pretty sure it's just that background which won't load, so if I can just skip past it I'd be good.
Old 2008-07-08, 01:47
Posts way too much

Righteo.
http://www.asceai.net/du/u/save01.lcs

I don't think it's much of a fix, though; that background image is surely used in other parts of the game.
Old 2008-07-08, 17:19

Unbelieveable. It STILL doesn't work!

It clearly isn't the backgrounds at all (I can see on the load preview that the background in question is simply Kouhei's front door, which I KNOW works), but it won't fade up from a black screen at all. Man, this is seriously pissing me off!

Oh well, at least I finished Misaki's route yesterday with no problems.

Hang on, I do have one more idea...
Old 2008-07-08, 17:45

Didn't work. I tried uninstalling the english patch and replaying up to there from the start. Hell, I give up. Akane IS moelicious, but not enough to put up with this crap.
Old 2008-07-08, 20:20

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Sounds like maybe you have a borked game disc or a borked original installation.
Old 2008-10-06, 16:53

Default Update

Well, it's definitely my game disc- I ran it on my laptop and got exactly the same error. However, I found out something interesting: if I run the game in window mode rather than fullscreen, I get an additional and much more comprehensible error box that pops up when I get to the problem section. The error specifically is "B13R.PNG&BMP" ga mitsukarimasen". Then it gives me the other message from before. What's even odder is that if I'm playing like this (in window) the game keeps going. On my laptop it simply loaded the top 25% of the broken background; on my desktop it just put the character images on the previous background instead. Sometimes on both of them it overlays the character images on top of each other as well, but not all the time. However, it THEN gives me a standard Windows crash message when I get to the next scene change and goes out.

Can I try one more time to get this fixed? I need a save from the NEXT next scene after the group enter Kouhei's house, after the scene changes away from his front door.

Failing that, I need another copy of the game.