gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-10-12, 06:34

Hi guys!
I don't know what's happening, but I installed the alpha_patch and now my game freezes. Kind of. I don't know if it's a patch error or if it's just me. On chapter 6/7 (I'm not sure...), SPOILER when Taku meets with Shogun, when he "sees" the sword, after the sentence "You don't want to die, right-o?", /SPOILER the game just switches to the main menu, no matter how many times I play that part... Anyone else is having this problem??? Help please! =(
Old 2008-10-12, 11:17
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the reply Asceai!

Sorry to ask, but what's/where's /jp/ and NSS?
In that case, wait for the patch to be released =P
Old 2008-10-12, 11:48
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Hi guys!
I don't know what's happening, but I installed the alpha_patch and now my game freezes. Kind of. I don't know if it's a patch error or if it's just me. On chapter 6/7 (I'm not sure...), SPOILER when Taku meets with Shogun, when he "sees" the sword, after the sentence "You don't want to die, right-o?", /SPOILER the game just switches to the main menu, no matter how many times I play that part... Anyone else is having this problem??? Help please! =(
Which alpha patch are you running? The initial release covers only Ch. 1-7, so the game kicks you back to the main menu once you've reached the end of the translation.
Old 2008-10-12, 13:37
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
In that case, wait for the patch to be released =P
Ah, NSS is the folder which the patch uses :P

The problem i had was actually from before applying the beta patch, tho I'm not sure if after the patch is released, that it will fix the problem. After i patch, when i go start game, it just goes back to the main menu again. But I'll wait and see ;)

Thanks!
Old 2008-10-12, 22:32
Obsessive

/jp/ is located at: http://zip.4chan.org/jp/
Old 2008-10-12, 22:39
Unregistered

Oh cool, so that really was /jp/.

I looked it up before and got to that site, though since that site had many broad topics (which i was expecting it to be a place that dealt specifically with graphic novels, or such), i thought i was at the wrong place.

Thanks!
Old 2008-10-12, 22:59
Obsessive

also patch posted in sticky there works 100% so far
I just installed it
Old 2008-10-13, 07:21
Unregistered

About chaos head beta path is there a way to get the NSS fixes for other crushes then those posted in mediafire on chaos head error reports? It is said that they are fixed already but only downloads for crashes in chapters 2 and 3 are on the page now. I am stuck on one at the begging of chapter four and there are probably more of them ahead.
Old 2008-10-13, 09:01
Unregistered

Red face

Um never mind l have done a litle bit of search on the net and I found the newer version of the path with at least some more fixes aplied, I guess one should not be lazy .
Old 2008-10-13, 23:18
Raide

Other than /jp/ you might want to regularly check http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index...:Error_Reports page. I've done massive error reporting in my playthrough and now have reached chapter eight. The patches and nss updates do really scattered, but I've managed to persuade the team members to tidy things a bit.

Few scenes that crash the game such as ch2 doctor crash and ch4 grunt crash has been fixed though you have to put effort to find their nss ^^;

Last edited by Raide; 2008-10-14 at 13:11.
Old 2008-10-14, 02:53
M12

Very interesting. I started watching the Chaos;Head anime. I thought it was just another moe harem series, but no O_O!
Old 2008-10-15, 03:17
Keriaku

I have a question for the game vets.

I've been interested in this for awhile, and with the game translation being so close to completion at the same time as the anime is airing, I'm not sure how to approach this. I just finished watching the first episode of the anime to get a taste of the series.

Now I want to know if this is the kind of game that will be spoiled once I've seen through it, such as watching the Higurashi anime then playing the games, or if the game will just get better after seeing the anime?

Basically I want to know if I should hold off to play the game, then watch the anime. Or if it would be just as good to watch the anime then play the game?

Thanks!
Old 2008-10-15, 06:24
Addicted

There's only one path in this game, which the TV series will presumably follow.
Whether this means that watching the anime will ruin the game is up to you.
Old 2008-10-15, 10:42
kouryuu

I played the Higurashi games after watching the series and didn't find it ruined at all. You get a very big difference when the story is told 1st person, as most visual novels are, compared to the 3rd person demanded by anime. For example, in the first play of onikakushi, its possible to interpret the way Rena and Mion react as distortions resulting from a developing paranoia in Keiichi, but in the anime, they have to show them saying the lines in that manner from a 3rd person POV which makes it less possible to interpret it as such.

Not to mention there's almost always a LOT of details left out of every anime adaptation of these games, like the repetition of events in clannad that reinforce the familiarity by that pacing, which doesn't carry into the anime, and so on.

Even if you do think it will spoil the game, I find just waiting a year or so is enough to get rid of the spoilers enough to enjoy the game.
Old 2008-10-15, 11:55
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstCd2 View Post
There's only one path in this game, which the TV series will presumably follow.
Whether this means that watching the anime will ruin the game is up to you.
There are two paths and three endings.

AA ending and A ending follow the same path.

B ending follows a different route, which starts diverging at chapter 7, but does not fully diverge until chapter 10.

AA or A must be completed before you can get B.

Granted, the differences between the routes are mostly relegated to the ending, but still.

I doubt the anime will adapt B route, but they've already started doing strange things with the adaptation... like
Spoiler

So, yeah, who knows where the anime will go from here?

I highly suggest playing the game over the anime, in any case, as the anime is going to be only twelve episodes long. I have severe doubts that Madhouse will be able to adapt the entirety of C;H in such a short timeframe.