gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-07-04, 17:11
M12

Apparently this game's got an OVA? Could someone confirm? I can't seem to find any information on it...

Thanks.
Old 2008-07-04, 17:24
Unregistered

There's an adult OVA and a non-adult one.

Neither of which are very good, might I add.
Old 2008-07-04, 17:26
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's an adult OVA and a non-adult one.

Neither of which are very good, might I add.
Sorry for double-post, but here's link:

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=136

The adult OVA ("True Stories") hyperlink can be found on that page as well.
Old 2008-07-04, 17:30
Posts way too much

Yeah, both OVAs are terrible. I wouldn't watch either if I were you.
Old 2008-07-04, 17:31
Local

There are two OAV series for ONE. There's a three episode adult anime, which was released in North America by Kitty Media as ONE: True Stories. A four episode all-ages anime was also made, and should be available fansubbed. I've only seen the former, which was pretty good for an adult anime. I haven't heard many positive comments about the other series.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:11
Posts way too much

Yeah, but eroanimes are almost all terrible, so that's not saying much.

It is, however, better than the non-ero anime OVA of ONE.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:38
Local

Quote:
I haven't heard many positive comments about the other series.
That's because it isn't much of an adaptation, or even a coherent story.

Nevertheless, the OVA is a beautifully atmospheric montage (of themes, original re-interpretations, and memories from ONE) even if it runs a bit too long for its own good. If seen as an experimental art piece and nothing more, I think the first couple episodes are nice, provided that you're familiar with the entire game.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:17
M12

When everyone says it's bad, it makes me want to see it more XD. But "atmospheric montages" aren't my cup of tea. Oh well. I wonder where I can get my hands on it?

Just several questions:

- Which character did you pick first? I picked Kawana Misaki :3. She easily gets my pick.
- I keep hearing people say things similiar to, "you can't go wrong with KEY". Why do they say that? This game isn't made by Key, is it?
- Are there any ONE related merchandises?

Cheers.

Last edited by M12; 2008-07-06 at 15:39.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:41
Local

Quote:
I keep hearing people say things similiar to, "you can't go wrong with KEY". Why do they say that? This game isn't made by Key, is it?
It's a mistaken generalization. Basically, the future creators of Kanon developed ONE while they were still working at another company (Tactics). After the game was finished, they resigned en masse and started the Key brand at VisualArt's.

Stylistically, ONE is probably most similar to Kanon, although it's unpolished and a bit amateurish in comparison. ONE was a starting point, but Kanon brought them enormous commercial success.
Old 2008-07-06, 16:37
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by M12 View Post
Are there any ONE related merchandises?
Plenty. A few I can think of off the top of my head:

- The ONE/Moon. design materials book, which is excellent and can now be picked up for about 500 yen at your local bookoff/Yahoo auctions.

- Soundtracks, remixes and drama cds (some are probably based off the anime incarnation).

- A number of light novel adaptations.

- a variety of gashapon figures, all of which look hideous (I feel that at least part of the blame must be attributed to Itaru's designs here)

- UFO catcher plush dolls, which look substantially better.

- plastic trinkets of varying quality and legitimacy (clear files, phone cards, shitajiki, etc.)

- While not technically 'official merchandise', Hisaya Naoki (Akane, Mio and Misaki) has written a few ONE short stories for his doujin circle, CORK BOARD. You can get copies for about 500-1,000 yen off Yahoo.
Old 2008-07-06, 17:08
M12

Thanks for the replies. I'm just not sure what to type on search engines. I tried typing "One Radiant Season", but that yielded no results. Perhaps ebay's the wrong place to look? If anyone's got links and/or images to the merchandises mentioned, that'd be really cool. Thanks!
Old 2008-07-07, 04:39
Unregistered

Red face Some questions

(maybe spoilers)

1)Jung rknpgyl unccrarq va Antnzbev encr fprar? Jul vf Bevunen gryyvat fbzrbar ryfr qvq vg? Jnf gung ernyyl fb? V arire cebcreyl haqrefgbbq uvf zbgvingvba sbe guvf.

2)Va Uvxnzv Fuha raqtnzr lbh arire tbg gb Rgreany Jbeyq, ohg ur tbrf naq pbzrf onpx vfa'g?
Old 2008-07-07, 07:30
Addicted

Quote:
1)Jung rknpgyl unccrarq va Antnzbev encr fprar? Jul vf Bevunen gryyvat fbzrbar ryfr qvq vg? Jnf gung ernyyl fb? V arire cebcreyl haqrefgbbq uvf zbgvingvba sbe guvf.
Xbhurv vf hanoyr gb npprcg gurve arj eryngvbafuvc nf ybiref, nf ur pna'g frr Antnzbev nf nalguvat bgure guna gur puvyqubbq sevraq jub'f nyjnlf orra gurer sbe uvz. Guvf vanovyvgl gb zbir ba sebz jnagvat n fgngr bs nssnvef gung rkvfgf sbe 'rgreavgl' (n qrfver univat orra oebhtug ba ol gur fhqqra ybff bs uvf fvfgre) vf n prageny gurzr bs gur tnzr. Jung unccraf va gur pynffebbz vf hc sbe fcrphyngvba, nygubhtu vg'f boivbhf sebz gur yngre U-fprar gung fur vfa'g npghnyyl encrq.

Quote:
2)Va Uvxnzv Fuha raqtnzr lbh arire tbg gb Rgreany Jbeyq, ohg ur tbrf naq pbzrf onpx vfa'g?
Lrf.
Old 2008-07-07, 08:31
Unregistered

Smile

It's the same person who asked this question.
Thanks!

Abj vg znxrf n ybg zber frafr gb zr rfcrpvnyyl pbzovarq jvgu ivfvba bs Rgreavgl naq ubj ur creprvirf Antnzbev gb or gurer.

Man, I can be slow sometimes.
Old 2008-07-08, 15:14
M12

So far, I know there're these endings:

- A bad ending, where you get no girl.
- A good ending with each girl.

Are there any other endings? Maybe a bad ending with a particular partner? If so, any chance of a walkthrough?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm still interested in seeing those gashapons/plushes. Please post links if you find any :)?

Last edited by M12; 2008-07-08 at 15:35.