gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2012-06-23, 17:02
Shardan

Default Saya no Uta missing text.

Hello.
I've recently aqcuired Saya no Uta visual novel and stumbled upon rather serious issue... i don't see any text appearing on the screen, just little hopping symbol indicating end of a sentence. I can hear voices and there is a delay which shows that text is appearing but its invisible. I've tried loading further save with a choice - choice appears but there is still no text following - and downloading game from other site but it wont work.
Anyone knows how to fix it?
Taskete kudasai :3
Old 2012-06-24, 00:19
Obsessive

Sorry, but we will not help you with your illegally downloaded copy of Saya no Uta.
Old 2012-06-26, 14:23
Shardan

Okay, then where can i purchase Saya no Uta? I really want to play it.
Old 2012-06-26, 22:34
Obsessive

Saya no Uta has been licensed and will be released in English by JAST USA at some point in the future.
You can most probably get the Japanese game from yahoo japan auctions, http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/ , using a proxy buying service such as akibado or whatever. Also, I *think* this is it: http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=90002490
Old 2012-06-27, 06:47
Shardan

"at some point in the future", "most probably" and "i think"? :(
But i want to play it now! I live in Poland so shipping it from US or japan is either impossible or very expensive... i love visual novels and i thought this forum is a place for me... If i could have an original box with kanji on it or something i WOULD buy it because i LOVE having original stuff in shiny smelly boxes but not if its the cost of like newest Xbox games especially that Saya no Uta is like 2-10 hours of gameplay from what i've read...
Can't you help me please? :(
Old 2012-06-27, 14:24
Obsessive

Ok, excuse my rant here, but I'm very tired so I'm going to just vent my frustration at your apparent lack of appreciation over my attempt to help you find your game:

"at some point in the future" because I couldn't be bothered to google more than a minute for a release date. I guess it hasn't been announced yet, but heck if I know.

"most probably" because I couldn't be bothered to check how many people are offering a copy of Saya no Uta on Yahoo Japan Auctions at this time. Chances are there'll be dozens, or maybe just a few. But MOST PROBABLY you will find at least one whenever you look.

"I think" because I don't own Saya no Uta and I couldn't be bothered to check what the cover over the game box looks like.

So, in a nutshell: I couldn't be bothered to spoon-feed you the exact, full, detailed, money-back-guaranteed answer to your question. Please do some research of your own. With google and my reply, you have all the info you need to find what you're looking for.

As I said, you can use a proxy service to buy from Yahoo Japan auctions. That's what most people do, particularly for older games. And oh hey lookie, another place to get it: http://www.jlist.com/search/all/saya

(And this is beside the point, but I really wish people would stop using their country of residence as an excuse for not googling - Poland is an EU member state for crying out loud.)
Old 2012-06-27, 19:29
Shardan

Sorry for not showing my appretiation over your attempt to help me. I'm not sure why didn't i thank you but if i had to guess i'd say its because i was a bit frustrated about you not willing to simply help me with fixing the game. I guess my lack of appretiation for that somehow affected my appretiation for your other effort.

I didn't use my country of residence as an excuse for not googling but as an excuse for not buying the game which is too expensive already without shipping it across the ocean. Read carefully.

It's going to be a bother but i will play it on different computer where it works i guess.

Thanks for your help :)
Old 2012-06-28, 22:00
Obsessive

It's available from jlist for 55 dollar plus 5 dollar shipping to Poland, or 8.20 dollar shipping if you want it faster. I would argue that this is not too expensive for shipping to Poland. As for the price of the game, that's actually very low for a Japanese video game. Usually they're around 95 dollar. If you wait for the English release, I expect you'd pay about the same, although rumors have it that it might come bundled with one or two other games.
Old 2012-06-29, 01:40
Visitor

http://www.jastusa.com/shop/song-of-saya.html

Saya no Uta preorder website is located above, if you don't want to use jlist!

And yeah, Saya no Uta and Hanachirasu will both be released at the same time, from what I saw. o: The English version would be released somewhere around... next month, if I believe? XD;
Old 2012-06-29, 08:58
Visitor

Next month! That's soon! Maybe i will wait and see how it looks then. I'd like to have a Visual Novel in a box for once :O
But 60 dollars is alot especially for someone who is not earning any money. It would take me 4 months to gather it with my allowance .__.'
I still haven't got Diablo III yet which is actually cheaper than Saya no Uta and which i will play like 20 times longer.
Old 2012-06-30, 05:31
Local

Send a message via MSN to VDZ

Sigh.

Official English version of Saya no Uta is only $25 (plus a probably ridiculous shipping cost). But I recommend against pre-ordering anything JAST, especially JAST's Nitro+ titles, as JAST has a reputation for releasing their games VERY VERY SLOWLY. The JAST/Nitro+ partnership was announced in July 2009, and now, three full years later, they have still only released a single Nitro+ title (Demonbane). They always promise very vague release dates ('before next Anime Expo!') and keep pushing those dates further and further back. I'd be surprised if Saya no Uta gets a release before next AX.

As for your problem, which would not be solved even by buying a legit Japanese copy, 90% sure it's a locale problem. Use the program 'AppLocale' to start the game, or change your locale: Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Advanced (XP)/Administrative (Win7) -> Change the language for non-Unicode compatible programs to 'Japanese' (requires restart). If it still doesn't work even after that, you might be missing the correct font; you'll have to look up which one that is for yourself.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:21
Visitor

Woot! Thanks, Maou!

And i knew it would not be solved even by buying a legit Japanese copy. It was just that obsessive Message wouldnt help me if i didn't buy one first :D

Last edited by Shardan; 2012-06-30 at 12:40.