gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-29, 16:42

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Uh oh, SCA-JI started reading neurophysiology books according to his tweets... Is this going in his next game? <_<;

Quote:
最近神経生理学の本がお気に入りなのだけど、そんな中ひさしぶりに苦手だった入不二基義を読んだから、さらに哲学に対する違和感が強くなった……。それにしても脳科学って文系理系までバラバラになってしまったあらゆるジャンルを統合しないとどうにもならなそう。
脳の情報総量は控えめに見積もって1秒間に10の27乗ビット分に相当。つまり1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000ビット。これが絶えず発火されている。問題は毎秒の発火はすべて同一で無い事。これで良くも我々は自己同一性なんて保てるもんだわ。
そんな中でもウィトゲンシュタインの知見が通用する部分を見つけて、どうもこの哲学者の重力場から逃れられない自分を見つけて鬱になる。
Old 2010-07-29, 21:07
Local

http://iphone-product.matrix.jp/higurashi_eng/
Higurashi...ON YOUR iPHONE!

http://tengutranslations.wordpress.c...te-up-a-patch/
Translating of a doujin game is approved!

Last edited by Magedark; 2010-07-29 at 21:11.
Old 2010-07-30, 08:44
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magedark View Post
http://iphone-product.matrix.jp/higurashi_eng/
Higurashi...ON YOUR iPHONE!

http://tengutranslations.wordpress.c...te-up-a-patch/
Translating of a doujin game is approved!
"PRICE : FREE"

I wonder how bad the engrish is.
Old 2010-07-30, 10:17

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifruit View Post
I wonder how bad the engrish is.
It's the same as the MangaGamer release, supposedly.
http://novelnews.net/2010/07/29/firs...nes-app-store/
Old 2010-08-01, 22:03
Obsessive

incase anyone is interested, FUNimation is taking a survey about their releases (not the show itself, but the media).

survey page http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22AYWA6VZBH
sound through http://www.mania.com/funimations-ani...le_124399.html

FUNimation is still blocking foreign access to their site as well as their youtube channel.
Old 2010-08-04, 17:17
eternal

Random question, but has there been any talk of a translation project for Shukufuku no Campanella? I've had my eye on it for a while, and the first thing I did after starting the anime was search for the translation project to see if I could contribute, except it seems that there isn't one. The sad thing is that I can't actually help (I'm not a hacker and I won't start learning Japanese until this school year), but it would still be nice to do something. Is there a specific obstacle keeping us from it, or is it just that no one was interested enough to start a project?
Old 2010-08-04, 20:29
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal View Post
Is there a specific obstacle keeping us from it, or is it just that no one was interested enough to start a project?
It's the latter. Windmill's games don't seem to garner much interest in the translation community.
Old 2010-08-04, 22:13
Visitor

Send a message via MSN to Gumaster

Which is a pity, since I want to play one :(
....mostly because they look pretty.
You could send windmill an email, asking if (totally hypothetically for now :() there was a translation, whether they'd allow it or not. It would be easier to convince people to start a translation if they knew they weren't going to get C&D'd

Also somewhat relevant: shukufu fandisc will be released soon

edit: holy crap, this is my first post? and it's NOT about pokemon or grammar! HOORAY
Old 2010-08-04, 22:41
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumaster View Post
Which is a pity, since I want to play one :(
....mostly because they look pretty.
The problem is that we'd continuously fall victim to a marketing ploy if we considered the art alone. A common formula is to release empty character games with pretty art just because it sells (i.e. the customers don't care about the story as long as the girls are lovely). This won't produce a big hit, but there's always a market for it.

These types of games are occasionally translated. For instance, Alcot's "My Girlfriend is the President" is nearly finished (thanks to the gimmicky theme, which was the primary marketing hook). However, I think most translators would rather work on meatier, more interesting games with substance.
Old 2010-08-05, 03:05
Visitor

Send a message via MSN to Gumaster

Yeah, that's really true. Putting the short sexfests aside, most medium length eroge end up having very uninspired stories repeated over and over with slightly prettier art each time.
...I don't really mind too much though, since I'd prefer an average, happy story to a well written, engrossing plot with nothing but depressing endings (Hi Nitro+!)
I can understand why people wouldn't want to translate it though, and why it's not good for the market, so either or is fine.
Old 2010-08-05, 08:32
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumaster View Post
Yeah, that's really true. Putting the short sexfests aside, most medium length eroge end up having very uninspired stories repeated over and over with slightly prettier art each time.
...I don't really mind too much though, since I'd prefer an average, happy story to a well written, engrossing plot with nothing but depressing endings (Hi Nitro+!)
I can understand why people wouldn't want to translate it though, and why it's not good for the market, so either or is fine.
I dunno, most of Nitroplus' stories have some sort of non-depressing conclusion, even Muramasa did. Why would you prefer a happy story to a high-quality utsuge though? Doesn't 'thought-provoking and intruiging' sound better than 'happy but meaningless'?
Old 2010-08-05, 09:50
eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
It's the latter. Windmill's games don't seem to garner much interest in the translation community.
I see. I'm not surprised, but that's a shame. I might revisit this idea in a little while when I'm not totally swamped with already translated VNs in my backlog, among other things. I'd still like to see it translated someday.

Quote:
The problem is that we'd continuously fall victim to a marketing ploy if we considered the art alone. A common formula is to release empty character games with pretty art just because it sells (i.e. the customers don't care about the story as long as the girls are lovely). This won't produce a big hit, but there's always a market for it.

These types of games are occasionally translated. For instance, Alcot's "My Girlfriend is the President" is nearly finished (thanks to the gimmicky theme, which was the primary marketing hook). However, I think most translators would rather work on meatier, more interesting games with substance.
I understand this mentality and I've noticed it reflected in the kind of games that get translated, but I don't entirely agree with it. I don't want to ramble too long, but the whole character-driven blissful galge setting seems to be one of the things that visual novels do extremely well, and it's hard to replicate that in other mediums (compared to nakige like Key games that work well as anime too). Story-driven games are great - Fate/stay night is my favourite eroge no matter how much I claim to not be a hardcore Type-Moon fan - but, like Gumaster, I really want to see some fluff get translated.

Anyway, it's good that we have some variety in the translation community, because I wouldn't want to see only games like Campanella get translated any more than I want to see only games like F/SN get translated. The people who like these fluffy character games really need to step up and start translating some stuff too, but it might take us a while to get there.
Old 2010-08-05, 18:49
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why would you prefer a happy story to a high-quality utsuge though? Doesn't 'thought-provoking and intruiging' sound better than 'happy but meaningless'?
Happy stories can have meaning, too. I don't like playing too many utsuge because real life is depressing enough.
Old 2010-08-05, 20:40
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojamajo_LimePie View Post
Happy stories can have meaning, too. I don't like playing too many utsuge because real life is depressing enough.
Of course they can, but there's always BETTER fluffy stories. For every Shukufuku no Campanella there's a Hoshizora no Memoria, for every Shuffle! there's a Natsuyume Nagisa. The way people were carrying on you'd think you're forced to choose between Rasen Kairou and Gift - but you're NOT, that's the point with eroge, there is so much good stuff to go for. It's not between crappy purelove fluff and good dark/serious because there's plenty of GOOD purelove fluff that can hold its own against the Fate/stay Nights and Kimi ga Nozomu Eiens of the industry any day.
Old 2010-08-06, 19:55
Local

Getchu is blocking foreigners now.