gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2009-05-09, 23:03
dsp2003

Quote:
I'll get PONScripter updated when I can... ^^;
Mion, that's not the point. ^^||| I know you're making a great efforts for this engine (a lot more than Haeleth himself, I think). The thing is --- there's still no "official" distribution, the SVN is login+password-protected.

I know, I'm a bit impatient (but waited for 2 years though), so... there will be no harm (I think) if something like up-to-date pre-release will be putted outside of <s>beats's lair</s> Haeleth's hard drive. ^3^
Old 2009-05-29, 07:27
Visitor

Hello everyone. I've got a question.
I have the intention to translate Umineko into my local language. (Turkish)
I've got the required tools, and ponscripter.
When I decrypt the nscript.dat into a .txt file and open it; after editing any line with Turkish, I realised not even ponscripter can read it.

(For example; I'm typing "düzgün" and since "ü" is a Turkish letter, it only appears "dn" when I run it with ponscrypter.)
I've renamed nscript.dat into pscript.dat, it still didn't work. Am I missing out something?
Old 2009-05-29, 07:47
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Hello everyone. I've got a question.
I have the intention to translate Umineko into my local language. (Turkish)
I've got the required tools, and ponscripter.
When I decrypt the nscript.dat into a .txt file and open it; after editing any line with Turkish, I realised not even ponscripter can read it.

(For example; I'm typing "düzgün" and since "ü" is a Turkish letter, it only appears "dn" when I run it with ponscrypter.)
I've renamed nscript.dat into pscript.dat, it still didn't work. Am I missing out something?
I just tried it myself, and ponscripter supports ü just fine. Are you sure you aren't screwing up the file encoding or something like that?

The only copy of ponscripter I seem to have on this machine is the one that came with the narci2 microtest, but it has no issues with umlauts.
Old 2009-05-29, 08:40
dsp2003

Skullchukka, it was mentioned before in the same thread, but I'll post anyway. You'll need 2 things:

* UTF-8 encoded script file
* Font file with required character set
Old 2009-07-07, 17:58
Visitor

Smile

Hello there.

I'm using the PONScripter in an attempt to produce an original Visual Novel with a group of friends around here. Our native language need some characters that the english ONScripter doesn't support, so, this is the only option we have right now (besides producing a whole new engine -- which I'm not willing to, haha, or using another tool -- which I'm not willing also.)

It was all good until I got this bug: When I use the systemcall windowerase and then move the mouse cursor during the time the game freezes out or crash. Note that this also happens with the Haeleth's ONScripter windows binary that's available for download on his website.

Is this a known issue? I just downloaded Sonozaki Futago-tachi's version and it seems to be working properly without any code changes (except for the ^'s obviously). If there's any known solution, I'd like to hear.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:Ah yeah, thank you very mucy dsp2003, for making PONScripter available. :)

Last edited by phlk; 2009-07-07 at 18:01. Reason: Changed some things.
Old 2009-07-07, 20:52
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

Hi phlk,

Funny you should ask :) I was just fixing some ponscripter bugs today, that one among them. Here's a new build: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bayg3t

Don't hesitate to mention any other problems.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2009-07-07, 20:55
Visitor

Whoa!

That's what I call effective support! Hahaha

Thank you very much!
Old 2009-07-08, 06:31
dsp2003

Another "bug" is the volume settings doesn't work for OGG Vorbis played at BGM channel.
Old 2009-07-08, 06:47
Local

Send a message via AIM to pbsaffran Send a message via Skype™ to pbsaffran

YOu seem to have fixed the h_fontstyle command in that build, as well. Impressive.

We're almost there, aren't we?
Old 2009-07-08, 07:20
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

No, still a ways to go... I'll need to incorporate a bunch of what I changed in onscripter-en, which includes bugfixes...

I should get something together to handle bug reports from you guys ^^;

But anyway, hope this helped with some nasty showstoppers. Definitely let me know about stuff that crashes the program.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2009-07-27, 09:52
dsp2003

How about Linux build and\or source code? ^^

The thing is... Vendor of Honyaku-Subs started to port ONScripter VNs to Ren'Py, since there's no Linux build available. T_T'
Old 2009-10-21, 05:07
Unregistered

Anyways, which application should I use to convert my script file into the .dat file (for POnscripter)? The one I've got (from Insani) doesn't seem to be able to convert it properly. Download link would be very appreciated. Thanks.
Old 2009-10-21, 06:47
dsp2003

Unregistered, rename your 0.utf to 0.txt and do the same thing as you did before, goddamn it. Or take a goddamn hex editor and xor the whole file with 0x84, then rename xored one into pscript.dat.

Note: this will not help you to hide your script source from advanced users.
Old 2009-10-21, 08:04
Unregistered

Since the file has been a .txt file from the start (when I’ve ripped it from the source), I’m assuming that .utf is just you referring to a UTF-8 encoded .txt file. In that case, yes, I’ve saved it on that format, ran the application, but the result was unsuccessful (not able to convert properly <> not able to convert at all). If .utf refers to a completely different thing, then I’m in a total loss.

Bear in mind that I’m not a lifelong user of this engine and I’m trying to use POnscripter to translate an Onscripter VN into my native language. In other words, I didn’t get much of what you’ve said and I’m trying to make myself clearer. Being scolded as a noob and still get a technical answer, as if I could understand it, was pretty funny, though.

Note: I really don't care about hiding my script from others; I just want to make it work.
Old 2009-10-21, 09:06
dsp2003

Way of conversion from ONS to PONS is like that:

1. Convert 0.txt from Shift-JIS to UTF-8.
2. Important: replace ` for non-japanese text with ^, otherwise your text will be considered as japanese and any spaces will be ignored in text window output.
3. Rename converted 0.txt to 0.utf
4. ??????
5. PROFIT!