gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

View Poll Results: Favorite Kanon Character?
Nayuki Minase (Zzz) 10 20.83%
Makoto Sawatari (Auu) 2 4.17%
Ayu Tsukimiya (Uguu) 7 14.58%
Shiori Misaka (*Takes out medicine*) 12 25.00%
Kaori Misaka (Why do I have to work with you?) 0 0%
Mai Kawasumi (Yaaa!) 4 8.33%
Sayuri Kurata (Ahahah!) 6 12.50%
Akiko Minase (Alright.) 2 4.17%
Yuuchi Aizawa (*Insert Sarcastic Comment here*) 3 6.25%
Jun Kitagawa (*Insert Random Comment Here*) 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 2005-03-17, 05:24
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstCd2
Although it'd end up being on a significantly smaller scale, given that many residents are unfamiliar with Clannad, One and Moon. characters. Perhaps if we were to extend it beyond Key to any game maker...
I have to confess to complete ignorance where Moon. is concerned myself. Still, there's the as well as the ... though most English fans are probably equally unfamiliar with half Leaf's titles, too.
Old 2005-03-17, 13:55
Addicted

Is Moon another pre-Key Tactics game?
Old 2005-03-17, 19:20
Regular

<strike>Nope. Moon was released after the Key-split. Yet for some reason, the people at tasogare included it in the latest version of EFZ. </strike>

Apologies. Apparently I had confused the DVD re-release with the actual 1997 original
Old 2005-03-17, 23:44
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Hrm... really? I thought Moon was the project that brough the Key team together back when they worked at Tactics o-o...
Old 2005-03-17, 23:53
Addicted

Moon. (with the gratuitous full stop) is the Key staff title that preceded One, written by Hisaya Naoki and Maeda Jun. Hinoue Itaru was the art director, and Orito Shinji did the music.

Because of its evident age (it doesn't run properly anymore on any modern OS), Moon. is often thought to be the first title to feature what is now considered the core Key staff (Maeda, Itaru and Orito), but there was in fact one title which preceded it; Dousei, released 5 months earlier on 23/5/97, also featured Orito and Itaru (though Orito, well known for being a former member of Leaf during its visual novel glory days, was not at the time a proper staff member; he was a pinch hitter, much like CO2A is now).

Hisaya, whom some fans say was the true genius behind the writing team, left Key after Kanon six years ago to disappear from the renai gaming scene completely, only to resurface recently a few months ago at a new company called Siesta. Rumours persist to this day that the reason he left was over a dispute with Itaru, who has a reputation for being a tad childish (but that's a story for another day).

The things you learn from reading Hakagi =P

[EDIT]
Thought I'd add a useful link for checking the credits
http://san-tana-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/etc-gamedata.htm
Old 2005-03-18, 06:54
Obsessive

One vote to Mai. (Pitiful Mai & Makoto. They are more unpopular than even Kitagawa)

I honestly thought Tactics would fail when I saw MOON's picture at first. It seemed pretty cheap game. ;P

Now I mention Itaru's picture, it seem her drawing style may be changing recently. I guess I can't tell who drew it if there is no signature.
http://www.silverblitz.com/lycee/img..._wp_10_800.jpg
http://www.silverblitz.com/lycee/img..._wp_01_800.jpg
Old 2005-03-18, 07:21
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatuha
Now I mention Itaru's picture, it seem her drawing style may be changing recently. I guess I can't tell who drew it if there is no signature.
http://www.silverblitz.com/lycee/img..._wp_10_800.jpg
http://www.silverblitz.com/lycee/img..._wp_01_800.jpg
Coming to think of it, there was some talk back when Clannad was first released that the other artists 'fixed' her pictures, with the result that they looked significantly more 'normal' than in previous games.

Of course, opinions still remain fiercely divided on whether Itaru's decided less-deformed-but-also-less-original new style is actually a good thing or a bad thing =P

Some more pictures for reference purposes:
Rumi, circa 1997
Yuuichi, circa 2002
Ayu, circa 2005
Old 2005-03-18, 07:42
Ex-boss

Quote:
One vote to Mai. (Pitiful Mai & Makoto. They are more unpopular than even Kitagawa)
That's the problem with only having one vote. Mai is my second favourite, but if I have to choose between Mai and Shiori, Shiori has to win.

Maybe I should take away some of Nayuki's votes and give them to Mai? It's not like Nayuki needs to be popular, she's always asleep anyway.

<big title="Let Operation Make Mai Popular On The Board commence!"><big>川澄舞掲示板上人気者化計画、開始!</big></big>

Quote:
I honestly thought Tactics would fail when I saw MOON's picture at first. It seemed pretty cheap game. ;P
Can it be worse than ONE? I love that game dearly, but every time I play it I have to work hard not to be put off by the art...
Old 2005-03-18, 08:01

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Hisaya, whom some fans say was the true genius behind the writing team, left Key after Kanon six years ago to disappear from the renai gaming scene completely, only to resurface recently a few months ago at a new company called Siesta. Rumours persist to this day that the reason he left was over a dispute with Itaru, who has a reputation for being a tad childish (but that's a story for another day).
How ironic that their latest game is called "MOON CHILDe" ;)
Old 2005-03-18, 08:13
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
<big title="Let Operation Make Mai Popular On The Board commence!"><big>川澄舞掲示板上人気者化計画、開始!</big></big>

「`Y´   ヽ       / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
  └ァ!ミ!ノノ)))〉    | あははーっ♪
    ん| !l.^ヮ゚ノ!|   < 絶対無理
      |く/lつつ     |  ですよ~
     ノ!|/__il〉 リ     \_____
     ' し'ノ

_
   , '´   ヽ.
  __i ノノ))))〉 ……人気者になるのは嫌いじゃないのに。
  〉 >!l#゚ ‐゚ノ|
  Z((く/jつつ
    ))/__il〉
    ´  し'ノ

Quote:
Can it be worse than ONE? I love that game dearly, but every time I play it I have to work hard not to be put off by the art...
Nothing can quite top that Rumi picture, IMHO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Gah...

[EDIT: Silly ASCII figures! Stay where you're meant to go!]
Old 2005-03-18, 08:15
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
And the Baudelaire quote at the top of the site could give us a hint as to how Hisaya has spent the intervening years... ;)

Hmm, I see "MOON CHILDe" is to be a "lunatic ADV"? O_o;

Quote:
Nothing can quite top that Rumi picture, IMHO...
Funnily enough, I think of that as one of the better ones. Maybe my fond memories of those scenes is affecting my judgement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by If AstCd2 is to be believed, Sayuri
あははーっ♪ 絶対無理ですよ~
ひどいですよ,佐祐理さん・・・舞の事好きだと思いましたのに・・・
Old 2005-03-18, 10:42
Obsessive

なに が これ?!
しおりーちゃん が なゆきーさま の たかい です か?!
どうして?!
ひどい よ みな
なゆきーさま の ファンクラブ の かぞく どこ の?!

not sure if the above is correct or not.... (well, most certinly is wrong). but any way:-

what is this?!
Shiori-chan is higher then Nayuki-sama?!
why?!
everyone is being mean
where the heck are the members of Nayuki-sama fan-club?!
===================
any way, it is true, if people are allowed to double vote, then there is a chance that many will agree on Mai-san being their 2nd choice

humm.... me wander is this mean a 2nd poll will be made on "who is your 2nd choice"?!

Quote:
have to agree with this, cann't play the game for more then few mintues becuase of the art.... look like 16 colours DOS graphics
Old 2005-03-18, 11:03
Obsessive

While apparently みな is not incorrect from what Haeleth told me, I would recommend みんな even so. In your final phrase, kazoku is "family" so that was a little odd... (also, doko no... I would end the sentence differently... perhaps just on doko for the colloquial style you are using)

The hyphens before chan were wierd because at first I thought you were extending the i's of their names (though it isn't katakana I'll admit)... are such hyphens normal or accepted? I generally see such hyphens only being in the Englishified way of writing Japanese.
Old 2005-03-18, 12:58
Ex-boss

Not bad, actually. Slipgate's points are correct (yes, the long-vowel marks are unnecessary - just write しおりちゃん, etc). In addition:

"何がこれ?" is the wrong way round - "what is this" is "これは何?". You can reverse the order, but in that case you don't connect the two with a particle, and colloquially you wouldn't drop the copula in that case either: "なんだ、これ?" is the best option for what you want to say.

The pattern for comparisons is to use より: e.g. しおりんは あの バカいとこ より ずーっと かわいい. So for your example, しおりちゃんは なゆきさま より にんき ですか?! (Shiori-chan is more popular than Nayuki-sama?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
cann't play the game for more then few mintues becuase of the art.... look like 16 colours DOS graphics
It's worth perservering. Once you get past the initial shock, it only takes a couple of hours to get used to the lower quality. And the game itself is every bit as good as AIR and Kanon.
Old 2005-03-19, 02:07
Addicted

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
cann't play the game for more then few mintues becuase of the art.... look like 16 colours DOS graphics
It's worth perservering. Once you get past the initial shock, it only takes a couple of hours to get used to the lower quality. And the game itself is every bit as good as AIR and Kanon.
Personally, I'd love to see a remake of One with Neo-Itarian art (as completely unlikely as that would be at this point); I'm thinking of something along the lines of Leaf's Kizuato Renewal, though given the controversy over the new art in that particular title (especially regarding Hatsune; third from the left), perhaps it'd only open a whole new can of worms...

<center>

</center>

(Apologies for the large image size)
Closed Thread