gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-04-09, 12:22
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by l|ammamama
So far as I seem to remember Jesus wasn't much of a blade smith =p
Come now. Matthew 10:34, "I came not to send peace, but a sword." How could he say that if he couldn't even create one? :P

(Here endeth this Sunday's random vaguely-religious content. I now return you to your regular scheduled feast of loli and godless violence.)
Old 2006-04-09, 12:59
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
Nepure'f "bevtvany" vf fgvyy nyvir; lbh frr uvz va guvf rcvfbqr.
UNU, ab jnl - Fuvebh uvzfrys! Gung rkcynvaf jul Nepure pnyyrq Vyvln ol ure svefg anzr, nf jryy nf gur craqnag rgp.

Gung unf tbg gb or bar bs gur zbfg fhcevfvatyl fngvfslvat uvqqra vqragvgvrf gung V'ir frra - V'z tynq V jnfa'g fcbvyrq orsberunaq ^^
Old 2006-04-09, 13:21
kouryuu

Well this episode was excellent. thoroughly ejoyable, and I must admit, while they didn't explicitly say who archer was, if the wall impact wneevat uvf zrzbel fprar wasn't enough, there were plenty of other hints ot make it nigh impossible to know.

"V pna'g punatr gur snpg gung V xabj V'yy ybfr urer gbqnl... ohg lbh pna ng yrnfg gnxr n srj zber fjbeqf!"

and "Vyyln, lbh unira'g punatrq ng nyy" ... definately reveals what time period he's from.

Anyway... yea, the preview makes it fairly clear they're going to keep THAT scene in the anime. Ohg gura ntnva, Fnore qbrf arrq znan abj, snfg, naq n ybg. Punatvat ubj vg'f npdhverq pbhyq erfhyg va gbb ovt bs n fgbel punatr V fhccbfr.

My thoughts: they'll probably reduce that scene down from its original to merely something along the lines of a kiss or something similarly faster, and less gratuitous.

I don't think that scene had the greatest reception among many fans/players anyways did it?
Old 2006-04-09, 14:21
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu
Well this episode was excellent. thoroughly ejoyable, and I must admit, while they didn't explicitly say who archer was, if the wall impact wneevat uvf zrzbel fprar wasn't enough, there were plenty of other hints ot make it nigh impossible to know.
You have to remember that some of us have a tough time just following the Japanese, much less paying attention to any hints that may be sprinkled here and there =p

Plus it's probably one of the last things you'd pull off the top of your head without knowing about it beforehand.
Old 2006-04-09, 18:45
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Talbain

Which path are we on right now? I remember Archer talking about "Hayvzvgrq Oynqr Jbexf." Is that the path or just his technique?

Anywho, I'd like for someone to PM me (if you don't mind) about who Archer is, since I have no familiarity with the game.

I understand how Saber "gets" mana now, which is rather amusing, but unfortunately it's a cheap plot device. (To force Shirou and Saber together.)

I'm actually more interested in Archer's story now, the main story's come to bore me.
Old 2006-04-09, 19:09
inuyasha9854

UBW is both path and technique. But I believe they are trying to make a conglomeration of the various paths.
Old 2006-04-09, 19:15

Send a message via AIM to Sir Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbain
Anywho, I'd like for someone to PM me (if you don't mind) about who Archer is, since I have no familiarity with the game.
Sent, though I'm not sure quite how much you wanted to be told. >_>
Old 2006-04-09, 22:43
Obsessive

Oh yes, I've seen some images, but what exactly is "Evil Saber?" Can someone PM with this as well?
Old 2006-04-09, 23:51
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbain
Oh yes, I've seen some images, but what exactly is "Evil Saber?" Can someone PM with this as well?
sent.

I may have sent you more than you wanted, but I ROT13'd all information not directly relevant to answering your "evil saber" question.
Old 2006-04-10, 02:48
Obsessive

I got some other PMs about the website that has all the information on F S/N & Tsukihime. Thanks.

Man... magic fetish anyone?
Old 2006-04-10, 10:32

For some reason gur snpg gung gbhfnxn naq fnore jvyy xvff (znlor rira zber, ohg jr'yy whfg snqr bhg sebz gur fprar) ernyyl qvfgheof zr n ovg :b
V'z gbgnyyl ebbgvat sbe fnore/rzvln, ohg rira jvgu gung fprar vg jvyy unccra...

Vg'f whfg gung zbfg navzr'f jvgu n xvff jvyy punatr gur srryvatf bs gung crefba :)
Old 2006-04-10, 11:41
Obsessive

Wow! Archer speaks good English! No Engrish accent at all!
Old 2006-04-10, 20:09
K

Was that sarcasm?
Old 2006-04-10, 20:20
inuyasha9854

The sad thing is....I don't know....and it scares me to think that it's possible it might not be.....eep
Old 2006-04-11, 07:35
kouryuu

You know what, For a Japanese Voice Actor, that was quite nice English. On par with the English in Beck, I'd say.

And half of the point in beck was the English. I know I still can't forget the line In Beck's first ep: "What the F*** are you doing to my car?" It was well done, but the english of the americans still had a bit of the stiffness and a thin air of japanese accent.

Except when the Guitarist was speaking to Ray Charles i believe it was? they got a very nice actor for him.... the guitarist had a thick accent, but spoke fluently. And the guy voicing Ray was perfect, you could even hear the Blues accent seeping into his "Dou Itashimashite"

Anyway, point Is, yea Archer's English isn't perfect, but It was quite good. How good do you think you would be at speaking Japanese if you had to do it as a Voice Actor here in America?