gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-05-29, 03:03
kouryuu

Yea, this is a case of "Very vocal minority versus apathetic majority" Asceai is getting excited for a new game by a company he really enjoys. I fully understand it though, But I personally tend to wait until a game is out and reviews are up on eroscape before joining the hype over a game. Though to be fair, I'd probably be showing the same excitement for 聖なるかな's sequel 聖なるかなスぺシャルファンヂスク if it was more than just an epilogue/fan disc. Oh, how I'm regretting the fact that they sold out of the Monobe Plush at Comiket 73...ぽえ~!
Old 2008-05-29, 03:16
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatina View Post
It sounds a lot more interesting than I thought it would with that title :P

Asceai, I think I remember you once talked about translating the trial for this game? Or am I completely wrong? I wouldn't mind that happening....
Yeah, but then people'll just hunger for moar. Translating the demo now would be pure cruelty.

It ends in a goddamn cliffhanger.

EDIT: To clarify my point, unless we're going to at least start translating the full game (not a bad idea!), I don't think a demo release would be kind. People needing to play the English translation wouldn't be able to play the full game, so..

Last edited by Asceai; 2008-05-29 at 03:23.
Old 2008-05-29, 05:43
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
EDIT: To clarify my point, unless we're going to at least start translating the full game (not a bad idea!), I don't think a demo release would be kind. People needing to play the English translation wouldn't be able to play the full game, so..
So wait, I shouldn't have translated the 12Riven demo then ? =p

Well, something is always better than nothing in my opinion. By hooking people with a demo translation you might even give some people the drive to learn more Japanese. I know that's how I started.

So does the 2nd demo cover one character's entire storyline like in the Sharin demo ?

Last edited by Chewy; 2008-05-29 at 05:51.
Old 2008-05-29, 06:37
Unregistered

Quote:
So does the 2nd demo cover one character's entire storyline like in the Sharin demo ?
Not even close, it covers around half of the second chapter of the game, but:

(not that spoilerish, just a precaution)
Spoiler

The story is great so far, and I'm surprised there aren't more people hyped for this game.
Old 2008-05-30, 16:47
Obsessive

for those who needs a walkthrough

http://g-seeker.net/game/s/gstring.html
Old 2008-05-30, 17:54
Obsessive

Information from erogamescape:
1. the songs are probably good
2. strong and badass protagonist
3. a nakige more or less, yes! just the thing I need!
Old 2008-05-30, 18:16
Posts way too much

I've got my copy (earlier than expected) and I've been playing it nonstop since. Will continue to report.
Old 2008-05-30, 19:43
Regular

Think of Maou and Usami as Kira and L, only they're both far more awesome than their respective counterpart.

AWESOME!

ORE WA SEIGI DA!!

Anyway, part of that point can be summed up with one of the images in the Getchu page for the game, which I'm not getting right now.
Old 2008-05-31, 07:33
Regular

So I'm on the fifth chapter, and I was really enjoying the game up until now, but wow, that was a terrible (and worst of all, completely predictable) plot twist. I'm actually really angry right now...
Old 2008-05-31, 16:48
Posts way too much

I'm finished.

Well, after about 25 hours of straight playing, that was probably my Fastest Clear Ever. Before I collapse from exhaustion, my tired - but fresh - reactions.

- I basically 'spidered' the game. Using the script as a reference, I went through the game in a linear order, but stopped to complete each 'branch' as I came to it (the other heroine routes, and their bad ends). The only thing I missed (thus making this not really a clear) was Haru's bad end, but I'll go back and get it later. I'd have to basically start over to get it, you see.

- My reasons for using the script to get through the game were simple- I wanted to finish it, as cleanly and with as little trouble as possible, because I only wanted to experience the story, not worry about finding the triggers to get to certain parts of the story. That's also why I didn't want to use a walkthrough. I've used flawed walkthroughs before, and that could compromise my enjoyment of the game (even if it's only by an infinitesimally small fraction). There's no way I could screw up using the script (and grepping for exlinks and conditional branches. the commenting above the exlinks were helpful)

- I felt some of the individual character routes (other than Haru, who's route was basically the whole main path) were a bit weak, especially Shiratori's, and felt somewhat out of place. This didn't really matter to me THAT much, and would have been fine in any other game, but I just didn't feel they were 'worthy' of G-Senjou no Maou.

- The game is, mechanic-wise, very reminiscent of Syarin no Kuni. I do, however, prefer that the sub-heroine routes terminate, instead of remerging with the full game (like they did in Syarin no Kuni). This is because I felt that, in Syarin no Kuni, it just felt totally out of place to just go back and have the winning heroine treating you normally (with a couple of differences, sometimes). G-Senjou no Maou basically perfected this formula. That said, the non-main heroines didn't have particularly strong routes, as I said before, but I didn't think they diluted the game.

- G-Senjou no Maou cements Tiko-μ in my mind as being the best eroge composer. I liked Tiko-μ's stuff ever since Tamayura, and G-Senjou no Maou's soundtrack is even better. Awesome remixed classical stuff, and so very appropriate for this title.

Reactions:

Chapter 2: The chapter that continued on from the demo (and, in fact, the longest one in the game, although it didn't FEEL the longest, see Chapter 5). In this chapter, G-Senjou no Maou felt exactly like the game I was expecting it to be. Some brief nakige moments, but nothing particularly of note.

Tsubaki's route: My favourite sub-heroine route, from my second favourite sub-heroine. For a short VN, this could have been a satisfactory conclusion of its own right.

Chapter 3: This is where things started getting interesting. I loved this chapter. It does mainly just set the stage for the rest of G-Senjou no Maou, but was quite exciting in its own way - I loved some of the cat-and-mouse stuff in this one. In addition, this chapter gave a taste of some of the awesome music to follow.

Kanon's route: Not bad, considering she's my least favourite heroine. Otherwise not _really_ notable. It's worth pointing out that in most other VNs these routes wouldn't disappoint at all, but considering the main story in this one..

Chapter 4: Started out being a little bit plain, but I didn't really mind after all the excitement in the previous route. Then stuff started happening. I don't think I like this chapter as much as Chapter 3, but it was still pretty damn awesome. Didn't feel quite as long as chapters 2 and 3 (even though it is, in fact, 50% longer than Chapter 3). Unfortunately this is probably because some of the scenes in it were just too drawn out. You could probably have halved the size of this route. Either way, it was still intruiging enough that I didn't really mind.

Mizuha's route: I felt this was the weakest bit in the whole game. It felt so very _contrived_, and, to me, almost totally ruined her character. Note that these sub-heroine routes all comprise of roughly 9% of the total script length apiece. I can't help but wonder if it could have been better put to use elsewhere - although I would have appreciated her route just being stronger. It really doesn't feel worthy of G-Senjou no Maou.

Chapter 5: OMG OMG OMG HOLY FUCKING SHIT :OOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm not talking about the twist in Dagger's post (I would like to know exactly what twist he means - Dagger, could you edit your post and include it in spoiler tags or something?) - I'm talking about the whole damn chapter. Holy crap. And that's all I'm saying, not spoiling, not spoiling, not spoiling. In short, my favourite chapter of the game. My favourite chapter of ANY game.

Epilogue: Well, wow. Up until now the nakige has been pretty light on, but it comes out in full force here, damn. I totally BAWWWWWWWW'd all the way through this one, for srs. Stronger nakige effect than I've ever felt in anything before (possibly exacerbated by my tiredness? who knows). Either way, I felt slightly stunned by the end (especially considering I wasn't expecting an epilogue in the first place).

My conclusion:

Although this may change once I've had time to thing about things (and once I've had some sleep), for now, this is (to me) the best visual novel ever.
And no matter how much I reconsider it, I know it'll definitely be in my top 5 (and probably remain there for a very, very long time). GO AND PLAY IT.

Last edited by Asceai; 2008-05-31 at 16:52.
Old 2008-05-31, 18:11
Regular

I was referring to

Spoiler

So I guess it's just a matter of adjusting my expectations, but essentially that plot twist took away the main element that got me interested in this game in the first place. I'm definitely going to go back to it, but I'll probably take care of ef - the latter tale or something first. Ah well.
Old 2008-05-31, 18:18
Obsessive

The above above post is a classical case of "5th chapter effect". Just kidding.

What type of nakige is it? Is it a syarin type nakige? Just ten times stronger?
Old 2008-05-31, 18:27
Unregistered

Cool. Sounds like a great game.

Btw, Asceai, you got your two Himeya links mixed up in your first post. ("limited edition" link leads to regular and vice versa)
Old 2008-06-01, 04:00
Obsessive

So...

Who wears the G-string?

lol
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2008-06-01, 07:10
Obsessive

Got it, so far I have to say that music is awesome. Too bad, that tools wont work with xp3 (probably newer version), I would so happy to have them out of archive.
I can't read japanese enough to fully enjoy story, so no comment on that part.
I like interface and sprites also, moves are nice.
Voices are awesome (Lelouch va, omg!)

Asceai: So will you translate it or not? You mentioned that somewhere else. I would be happy to read it in english.