gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-08-30, 13:04

Default Eternal Fighter Zero Netplay!

EFZ has had netplay for quite some time now. Here's my attempt to expand the pool of opponents through shameless advertising!

For anyone who wants human opponents but doesn't know anyone IRL, now's your chance! A netplay program has been written by a clever Japanese programmer, and it's quite effective! With a stable connection between two players and latency <50-60ms, 60-64~ fps can be easily achieved. For latency up to 100~110ms, or unstable connections, full speed gameplay can be achieved, at the cost of skipped frames (it doesn't look as smooth and takes some getting used to, but still works well!) In practical terms, the Toronto EFZ community owes it's start to netplay!

Check out this thread (make sure to read the whole thing; it's up to v1.21 now!) on the World of Eternity Forums or visit #efz @ irc.efnet.net to find an opponent!
Old 2006-08-30, 15:15
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to JRaiKetchum Send a message via Yahoo to JRaiKetchum

I've been waiting for ages to play against real opponents in EFZ! :D

So how well have they worked on trying to keep the fps consitantly high in the later versions?

-Rai
Old 2006-08-30, 15:59

Oh, to clarify, the newest iteration of the netplay app, v1.21, is the best and fastest one. The key factor (no pun intended :P) is the connection quality. It's hardly an issue in Japan where they have a small country with fiber everywhere (and thus hold regular netplay tournies) but here in North America, the ping and tracert will become your best friends xD

The program is intended for EFZ v4.02 (Memorial, either patched upgrade or DVD standalone, plus the v4.01 patch is fine). I'm not sure if it works with other versions, or with the "hacked" EFZ installs (unlocked misao), but it's easy to do a clean install ;D

Come visit our channel and we'll help you set it up :D
Old 2006-08-30, 20:10
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to JRaiKetchum Send a message via Yahoo to JRaiKetchum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing01
The program is intended for EFZ v4.02 (Memorial, either patched upgrade or DVD standalone, plus the v4.01 patch is fine). I'm not sure if it works with other versions, or with the "hacked" EFZ installs (unlocked misao), but it's easy to do a clean install ;D

Come visit our channel and we'll help you set it up :D
Misao? dare desu ka?

I believe I have 4.02 cause I think I upgraded it as soon as it came out cause I love EFZ. Akiko-san and awake Nayuki! I still laugh remembering one sequence I went through where I fought sleep-fighting Nayuki and then next was awake Nayuki ready for revenge XD

I'll definately check out the channel ^^

-Rai