gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-06-17, 08:32
Rasqual Twilight

Default [Release][Teaser] Symphonic Rain Unofficial English Demo

Hello everyone,

The Symphonic Rain[1] English localization project has seen steady progress since its registration at TLWiki last October (2007).
I would like to take this occasion to warmly thank Phar[2] for his past and present commitment to the English localization project, which probably would not have advanced this far without his active support.

Project Status (mid-June '08)
  At this point, the translated amount is about 25% of the total script, albeit yet unedited. As you can see, the project is very well underway, however at this time, I would say there is a certain lack in personnel who can help, essentially with TL checking but also graphics editing. I hope this teaser demo will raise interest in this project among audiences not only from VN-related circles but also more general public -- be it participating or simply showing their anticipation for the final release.

Teaser demo
  Yup, as stated in the post title, I[3] have decided to build an unofficial demo («Trial Edition») of Symphonic Rain, that will extend to a sizable portion of the game -- the first week, to be accurate -- which should give readers a sufficient view on what the game looks like and, naturally, try to spark interest as I stated before.
  In spite of copyright issues this brings about, I sincerely hope it will incent people showing interest in the product to obtain a copy. Unlike 18+ material, it is relatively easy to get past most customs. In addition, the latest edition is currently sold at a reduced price (well, obviously you won't get too many extras).

Game Synopsis
Quote:

Symphonic Rain takes place in a fictional city of apparently Italian heritage, where rain falls everyday. The locals there have adapted to this peculiar phenomenon, and carry on with their lives as if the rain was never there. No one takes an umbrella, no one wears a rain coat.

The main character of the story is 17 year old Chris, a Fortelle student of the famous Piova Communal School of Music (Scuola Comunale di Musica Piova, in Italian). Separated from his childhood sweetheart Arietta when he left his home town for the city, he keeps in touch with her through the means of weekly letters. Penning their thoughts on those letters, Chris treasures and keeps her weekly writings, for he had promised her that should his drawer becomes totally filled with them, he would return to her.

The game starts during Chris's third year as a student, a few months before he has to take the school's final graduation examination: a staged performance. As an instrumentalist, he is required to search for a vocalist partner before he is eligible for the examination.
(» from Wikipedia)

Reception
Quote:

Current stats @vndb: 6 votes ~8.37

Elements
  Drama, Mystery, Romance
Gameplay
  Adventure, Act​ion
Place
  Earth
Plot
  Branching
Time
  Present
Project Page
You can get more information about the demo, download links and further development on
1) Symphonic Rain English Localization Project Beta[4]
2) Symphonic Rain TLWiki collaboration page[1]
3) Symphonic Rain TLWiki talk page[5]

[1] http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php...Symphonic_Rain
[2] http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=User:Phar
[3] http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=User:RT
[4] http://guu.skyhalo.info/sr/
[5] http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php...Symphonic_Rain

Postscript: feel free to reprint this announcement around.
Old 2008-06-17, 08:56
Posts way too much

This is very interesting. I had no idea people were translating this. Nice to see; it's a great game.

I might check out the TL'd demo myself if I get some time.
Old 2008-06-17, 09:47
Local

Awesome. I was hoping somebody would translate this, since I've heard so many good things about it.
Old 2008-06-17, 10:44
Local

Great!, i have been visiting the TLWiki to see the progress of all the projects and is awesone!
Old 2008-06-18, 00:00
Regular

Fantastic, thank you very much and keep it up :D
Old 2008-06-18, 02:12
Local

I had heard about this before, but didn't know it was being translated. Thanks for the demo, I'm definitely looking forward to this!
Old 2008-06-18, 02:49
Rasqual Twilight

Thanks for the input.
Regarding the Graphics editor position, it seems EchoMateria has finished editing the 3k LB! pics and has some free time for other projects. I'd say there is much less work on SR, mostly options screen, pictures of places, and credits roll.
Old 2008-06-18, 04:00
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Awesome work!
Old 2008-06-18, 11:09
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasqual Twilight View Post
Thanks for the input.
Regarding the Graphics editor position, it seems EchoMateria has finished editing the 3k LB! pics and has some free time for other projects. I'd say there is much less work on SR, mostly options screen, pictures of places, and credits roll.
Well, Little Busters! images are not finished yet. Our main translator is focusing on the script and other translators are working on the rest of the images, until they are finished I have time to help other projects. But they are mostly done, if you feel like you can help to fill in the ones that are yet to be translated drop by our IRC channel at #lbtp@irc.synirc.net.

Last edited by EchoMateria; 2008-06-18 at 11:11.
Old 2008-06-18, 20:00
Obsessive

Oh this is a LOVELY game, the music is so sweeeet XD
Old 2008-06-25, 16:04
Visitor

This is indeed the best summer gift :) To quote my friend after he saw this demo released, "why is the world so awesome?". I am really looking forward to the finished project.

As well, is it known whether the finished patch will be for the edition with extras or the original edition? I would like to know which DVD to buy...
Old 2008-06-26, 04:34
Rasqual Twilight

Default Info about final patch

The two last versions (Treasure Edition and Fukyuuban) are strictly equivalent game-wise. So the final patch will be common to the two editions. I'd like to target the first edition as well, but I don't know anyone who owns a copy of it (so I can't have it tested).

Last edited by Rasqual Twilight; 2008-06-26 at 04:36.
Old 2008-06-26, 16:46
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasqual Twilight View Post
The two last versions (Treasure Edition and Fukyuuban) are strictly equivalent game-wise. So the final patch will be common to the two editions. I'd like to target the first edition as well, but I don't know anyone who owns a copy of it (so I can't have it tested).
Ahhh thank you. I am glad to hear that -- the original is a little difficult to find. As well, I noticed that my demo crashes everytime during the 2nd day (when Chris explains to the reader the layout of the school). Is that a known bug?

Lastly, I noticed some gramatical errors and missing letters. I would like to help correct them, but I am unable commit a huge ammount of time due to other obligations. As well, I am completely illiterate in Japanese. If you still would want me as a part time editor, I would be most happy. (Please just post a reply on this thread or PM me, as my email is only a temporary one.)

Other than that, I am really enjoying the game, especially the cute story line as well as the fortel playing -- if no one else is doing it, I might copy the notes down to transcribe it for the violin. Hopefully, it will turn out to be some what similar to the original music. :p
Old 2008-06-27, 12:56
Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDream View Post
Ahhh thank you. I am glad to hear that -- the original is a little difficult to find. As well, I noticed that my demo crashes everytime during the 2nd day (when Chris explains to the reader the layout of the school). Is that a known bug?

Lastly, I noticed some gramatical errors and missing letters. I would like to help correct them, but I am unable commit a huge ammount of time due to other obligations. As well, I am completely illiterate in Japanese. If you still would want me as a part time editor, I would be most happy. (Please just post a reply on this thread or PM me, as my email is only a temporary one.)

Other than that, I am really enjoying the game, especially the cute story line as well as the fortel playing -- if no one else is doing it, I might copy the notes down to transcribe it for the violin. Hopefully, it will turn out to be some what similar to the original music. :p
Same for me, crashes at the exact place. Good job on the demo though! Really got me interested in the game. Hope the next update will fix the crash.
Old 2008-06-29, 05:44
Visitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroblade

Great job guys!

Now I have to find out how to secure a copy without the use of a credit card >_>

Edit: Now that I've actually played it, yeah, game seems to crash on the second day with the introduction of the school's layout no matter what.

Last edited by Zeroblade; 2008-06-29 at 07:36.