gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2006-06-02, 14:20
JRaiKetchum's Avatar
JRaiKetchum JRaiKetchum is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central WV
Posts: 308
Send a message via AIM to JRaiKetchum Send a message via Yahoo to JRaiKetchum
Default Attention AMV creators...

Konnichi wa minna

Yesterday while shopping, I heard an old 90's R&B love song that I remembered when I was younger. Today, I found it to be Atlantic Starr - Masterpiece and downloaded it.

While sitting and listening to it, an AMV idea popped in my head while reading the lyrics. After seeing that no one on AMV.org has done any AMV's using Atlantic Starr, I think a Kanon AMV would be great to go with this beautiful song. It just has that ambience, I think, you find in the more romantic parts of Kanon. More importantly with Yuuichi and Ayu ^^

I would do this AMV but... I have no tools for it, thousands of previous ideas, and only a little 4 year old laptop ^^; Anyone up to the challenge? ;)

Ja, ne
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2006-06-02, 20:20
cyborg_alberto's Avatar
cyborg_alberto cyborg_alberto is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Creatin' F****in Bastard DaiVoyager Drill, Shovel, Mixer and Crane!
Posts: 288
Send a message via MSN to cyborg_alberto Send a message via Yahoo to cyborg_alberto
Default

Could you send the link with this AMV please?
I didn't find it! T-T
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2006-06-02, 20:26
New/Old's Avatar
New/Old New/Old is offline
Local
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 124
Default

I'm sorry.....I'm not really too useful in the making of AMVs. But perhaps someone else around here will lend a hand.
__________________
I see.....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2006-06-02, 20:52
inuyasha9854
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg_alberto
Could you send the link with this AMV please?
I didn't find it! T-T
It doesn't exist, yet.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2006-06-02, 21:00
cyborg_alberto's Avatar
cyborg_alberto cyborg_alberto is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Creatin' F****in Bastard DaiVoyager Drill, Shovel, Mixer and Crane!
Posts: 288
Send a message via MSN to cyborg_alberto Send a message via Yahoo to cyborg_alberto
Default

me and my translating mistakes...
I hate them (The translating mistakes)! T-T

Thanks for the explanation InuYasha (Another random number? I dunno, Thanks. ^_^)

Allright! I'm sorry to say it, but I can't help you with the AMV building... Maybe a software recomendation...

A Brazilian AMV-maker uses Vegas 6.0 to create her AMVs. See your works in the AMV.org! Her name in the site is Katsumi_19. Search for her AMVs and download one of them:
LineAge 2 AMV (?) - RapidShare... I think it's still there...
(EDIT: Ok, it still works. "only" 319 downloaders, and me too. ^_^)
Enjoy the silence (remixed) - Lodoss war

Servant Soul - Fate/Stay Night

(I didn't see the anoter ones, but these two are nicefull!)
You can find the another ones here
But, of course, AMV.org log-in and password are requered. ^_^


See ya!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2006-06-03, 16:42
Amon-chan's Avatar
Amon-chan Amon-chan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 19
Default Re: Attention AMV creators...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaiKetchum
Konnichi wa minna

Yesterday while shopping, I heard an old 90's R&B love song that I remembered when I was younger. Today, I found it to be Atlantic Starr - Masterpiece and downloaded it.

I would do this AMV but... I have no tools for it, thousands of previous ideas, and only a little 4 year old laptop ^^; Anyone up to the challenge? ;)

Ja, ne
Konbanwa :)

Come on, you like the song, you like the anime. I think you're up for the challenge! :D

I remember myself, a year or so ago, thinking: "Damn, this is a great song, and great anime to go with it. This could be great AMV!" I was listening to Iced Earth's "Melancholy" and watching "Air" the same evening. They seemed the perfect fit... And since nobody else had done them before, I decided to try, making my first AMV. It was not the greatest AMV ever, far from it. But it had it fans, saying "yeah, that's how I would have done it!" and also some people saying "no, no good." It's in the amv.org if someone wants to see it.

But... I made it, and I'm proud of what I've achieved. No matter what other people think of it. Maybe you should try it too!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2006-06-03, 18:10
cyborg_alberto's Avatar
cyborg_alberto cyborg_alberto is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Creatin' F****in Bastard DaiVoyager Drill, Shovel, Mixer and Crane!
Posts: 288
Send a message via MSN to cyborg_alberto Send a message via Yahoo to cyborg_alberto
Default

maybe when I get a new PC...

My PC weakness is a very problem in nowadays... even for AMVs... sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2006-06-04, 08:17
JRaiKetchum's Avatar
JRaiKetchum JRaiKetchum is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central WV
Posts: 308
Send a message via AIM to JRaiKetchum Send a message via Yahoo to JRaiKetchum
Default Re: Attention AMV creators...

Konnichi wa minna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon-chan

Konbanwa :)

Come on, you like the song, you like the anime. I think you're up for the challenge! :D

I remember myself, a year or so ago, thinking: "Damn, this is a great song, and great anime to go with it. This could be great AMV!" I was listening to Iced Earth's "Melancholy" and watching "Air" the same evening. They seemed the perfect fit... And since nobody else had done them before, I decided to try, making my first AMV. It was not the greatest AMV ever, far from it. But it had it fans, saying "yeah, that's how I would have done it!" and also some people saying "no, no good." It's in the amv.org if someone wants to see it.

But... I made it, and I'm proud of what I've achieved. No matter what other people think of it. Maybe you should try it too!
I'll definately check out your AMV! :)

I did start looking into more 'cost-effective' ways into making an AMV yesterday on AMV.org's site. I think the part that nails me is the editing software. I can't use Premiere due to how much resources that monster takes up x.x I could possibly use Windows Movie Maker 2 but I've heard huge complaints about using it. I need a free/cheap video editor to use. And I am fervently against the use of cracks after having Alcohol 120% screw up so many times >.<

Source of high quality raws is also another thing ^^; Any tips?

Ja, ne

EDIT: I just watched your AMV... now I remember why I try to stay away from AIR... because everytime I see something related to Misuzu-chin I remember the ending :(. I even talked with a Misuzu cosplayer at Anime North and we both agreed on the ending! I wish I had my camera cause it was a great cosplay! GJ Amon-chan :D
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2006-06-04, 09:28
cyborg_alberto's Avatar
cyborg_alberto cyborg_alberto is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Creatin' F****in Bastard DaiVoyager Drill, Shovel, Mixer and Crane!
Posts: 288
Send a message via MSN to cyborg_alberto Send a message via Yahoo to cyborg_alberto
Default

Hmmm... If you have Nero, you could try the NeroVision Express. At least, you can use the video edition option if you have the Nero (even the OEM version) installed in your PC.
However, once I only use it for some "cuts", I can't say to you how good it is...

Unfortunately, I don't know another freeware/cheap video editor...
So, good luck in the search!

And... what means "minna"?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2006-06-04, 10:12
inuyasha9854
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Attention AMV creators...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaiKetchum
Konnichi wa minna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon-chan

Konbanwa :)

Come on, you like the song, you like the anime. I think you're up for the challenge! :D

I remember myself, a year or so ago, thinking: "Damn, this is a great song, and great anime to go with it. This could be great AMV!" I was listening to Iced Earth's "Melancholy" and watching "Air" the same evening. They seemed the perfect fit... And since nobody else had done them before, I decided to try, making my first AMV. It was not the greatest AMV ever, far from it. But it had it fans, saying "yeah, that's how I would have done it!" and also some people saying "no, no good." It's in the amv.org if someone wants to see it.

But... I made it, and I'm proud of what I've achieved. No matter what other people think of it. Maybe you should try it too!
I'll definately check out your AMV! :)

I did start looking into more 'cost-effective' ways into making an AMV yesterday on AMV.org's site. I think the part that nails me is the editing software. I can't use Premiere due to how much resources that monster takes up x.x I could possibly use Windows Movie Maker 2 but I've heard huge complaints about using it. I need a free/cheap video editor to use. And I am fervently against the use of cracks after having Alcohol 120% screw up so many times >.<

Source of high quality raws is also another thing ^^; Any tips?

Ja, ne

EDIT: I just watched your AMV... now I remember why I try to stay away from AIR... because everytime I see something related to Misuzu-chin I remember the ending :(. I even talked with a Misuzu cosplayer at Anime North and we both agreed on the ending! I wish I had my camera cause it was a great cosplay! GJ Amon-chan :D

The best source for free software is more than likely http://www.freshmeat.net/

While most of that stuff is actually geared towards linux, you will find crossplatform software. 頑張って!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2006-06-04, 11:14
JRaiKetchum's Avatar
JRaiKetchum JRaiKetchum is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central WV
Posts: 308
Send a message via AIM to JRaiKetchum Send a message via Yahoo to JRaiKetchum
Default

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

I don't have Nero unfortunately. I just found out I have Windows Movie Maker 5.1 (2.1) which I read some pretty positive reviews on AMV.org about. I think I'll try using it first ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg_alberto
And... what means "minna"?
minna is Japanese for everyone. Sometimes it's also said as minna-san.

Ex: Konnichi wa minna(-san) = Good Afternoon everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2006-06-04, 14:18
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaiKetchum
Thanks for all the suggestions :)
Not at all! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaiKetchum
I don't have Nero unfortunately. I just found out I have Windows Movie Maker 5.1 (2.1) which I read some pretty positive reviews on AMV.org about. I think I'll try using it first ^^
I've suggest the NeroVision because the other video editor softwares I have are "ca$hware" ones (DVD Pro and Cyber Pro - Or something...). Besides, I don't use them.
Anyways, I hope you have a very good luck with the M$ editor. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaiKetchum
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg_alberto
And... what means "minna"?
minna is Japanese for everyone. Sometimes it's also said as minna-san.

Ex: Konnichi wa minna(-san) = Good Afternoon everyone.
Hmmm... Good. Thanks for the explanation! ^_^

See ya! ^_^
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2006-06-06, 06:28
Amon-chan's Avatar
Amon-chan Amon-chan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 19
Default Re: Attention AMV creators...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaiKetchum
Konnichi wa minna!


I did start looking into more 'cost-effective' ways into making an AMV yesterday on AMV.org's site. I think the part that nails me is the editing software. I can't use Premiere due to how much resources that monster takes up x.x I could possibly use Windows Movie Maker 2 but I've heard huge complaints about using it. I need a free/cheap video editor to use. And I am fervently against the use of cracks after having Alcohol 120% screw up so many times >.<

Source of high quality raws is also another thing ^^; Any tips?

Ja, ne

EDIT: I just watched your AMV... now I remember why I try to stay away from AIR... because everytime I see something related to Misuzu-chin I remember the ending :(. I even talked with a Misuzu cosplayer at Anime North and we both agreed on the ending! I wish I had my camera cause it was a great cosplay! GJ Amon-chan :D

Thanks for watching it, Ketchum :)

About software, and raws;

I picked the raws from [an unspecified source]. Hunting raws for older series is quite hard; some can be found using [friends in Japan to buy DVDs or VHS tapes].

I made my AMV using Windows Movie Maker. LOL.

Edit: I'm sure that's what you meant to say. I'd rather other raw sources weren't discussed here. -- Haeleth
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2006-06-06, 10:04
kouryuu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Don't feel bad about starting off using Windows Movie Maker. Thats what I made my first one on. WMM v2. the Song was "Somewhere I belong" to Final Fantasy Unlimited.
<_<;; it was crap.... it had some nice parts but i really got bored, and so the second half is not worth it. Which is why i never posted it on AMV.org Though i still admit i enjoyed timing that little clip of the chocobo pecking the ground to the beat.

Anyways, if you want to look, Mine are UP on AMV.org I debated entering my Last Exile-Racing in Otakon last year, decided it wasnt good enough... and after seeing the one they had in competition wish i HAD sent mine in.

I've got my own ideas to plod through.... if i don't decide to completely scrap them all before im started. Adobe Premier is a pain to work with... or rather Extracting clips from 4 DVDs worth of mpeg track with no keyframes is exhaustingly slow...... -_- nothing like spending 5 hours searching for a clip only to still not find it.

but go for it! You're the one with the idea, you're the one with the song! Make your own! Everyone starts somewhere!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2006-06-06, 12:05
JRaiKetchum's Avatar
JRaiKetchum JRaiKetchum is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central WV
Posts: 308
Send a message via AIM to JRaiKetchum Send a message via Yahoo to JRaiKetchum
Default

Konnichi wa minna!

Well, I've begun working on my AMV. As with anything I do, I know exactly how I want begining and end... and the middle is a complete blank -_-;

So the tedious process begins. Hopefully this will give me confidence to work on some other AMV ideas I've had ^^

Ja, ne
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any new works coming out from the creators of Red Shift? ApathyEcstasy General Discussion 4 2007-06-09 05:37
Kanon AMV Status... COMPLETE! JRaiKetchum General Discussion 16 2006-06-15 18:45
VicBond AMV Aldareon General Discussion 15 2005-12-12 20:06
AMV Stranger General Discussion 5 2004-02-25 17:14


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.