gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-05-10, 14:57
Regular

Default Cross+Channel Translation

Full translation released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagato
http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/in...page=downloads

The final translation for Cross Channel is now released. This version includes a brand new installer which should alert you of any problems during installation, as well as the full translation including edited CG. This installer should be a bit more failsafe compared to the previous methods. The install is NOT compatible with the teaser patches (the first two which translated only parts of week 1, before we had the website) because of the changes to cg.pd made during the old installation.

To install Cross Channel you must have access to an administrator account. This is because of two reasons. The first reason is because Cross Channel by default writes its configuration file to %WinDir%\cc.ini instead of the registry. The second reason being font installation. The installer will also alert you if the font installation failed for some reason or *might* ask you to reboot after installation. If it asks you to reboot, I recommend doing so but it's up to you. Not rebooting could cause the font to look weird.

The readme includes various common problems reported from previous patches. Please check there if you have a problem. If your problem isn't listed in the readme, report them to this thread and I will try to get to it as soon as possible.

Included with this patch are some goodies which get installed to your CC folder. These are the translation for Crossing (ending song) and a walkthrough for the game.

Everyone on the team worked hard to bring this translation to everyone and we hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by Minagi; 2009-08-26 at 14:26.
Old 2009-05-10, 15:27
Obsessive

Awsome. I was surprised G-Senjou got so few votes after everyone made such a big deal out of it. Looking forward to this tho.

Last edited by NTX; 2009-05-10 at 15:27. Reason: typo
Old 2009-05-10, 15:30
Local

me too, i tought that Sharin or G-senjou would win...
Old 2009-05-10, 16:11
Posts way too much

I think it's good to have Cross Channel translated first, though... I mean, god-tier eroges are god-tier eroges and it doesn't really matter which gets translated first anyway.

Last edited by Asceai; 2009-05-10 at 16:17.
Old 2009-05-10, 18:57
Chewy

Sharin got less votes than... GSS ?? I can't believe it ...
Old 2009-05-10, 21:03
Unregistered

I want to believe that some MuvLuv fan forum invaded the poll, which in the poll's initial stages artificially inflated the votes for it. And when the votes were high enough for both MuvLuv and Cross Channel where a vote for any other game would be a waste, people just stopped voting for the others. Cross Channel was championed by many and deserved it's high vote count. As for MuvLuv, I am not so sure.
Old 2009-05-10, 21:27
Visitor

Apparently, /m/ was basically having threads to get more votes for Muv-Luv (despite the fact that its engine is hell to hack) and /jp/ fought back with Cross+Channel. I was quite disappointed that G-Senjou didn't get more votes.;_; Oh well, Romeo Tanaka is awesome.
Old 2009-05-10, 22:07
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to believe that some MuvLuv fan forum invaded the poll, which in the poll's initial stages artificially inflated the votes for it. And when the votes were high enough for both MuvLuv and Cross Channel where a vote for any other game would be a waste, people just stopped voting for the others. Cross Channel was championed by many and deserved it's high vote count. As for MuvLuv, I am not so sure.
Exactly. At least I voted for Cross Channel instead of G-senjou for that reason.
Old 2009-05-11, 09:42
Regular

Well, I for one am happy Cross-Channel won. G-Senjou is relatively new; I've been aching for a translation of Cross-Channel for so very very long...
Old 2009-05-12, 03:33
Local

I don't really get why people whine about possible Muv-Luv translation project, it isn't worse than Cross Channel at all they are just different. It's kinda unpleasant to read such a posts written by people who haven't even played it.

Last edited by LoSs; 2009-05-12 at 04:44.
Old 2009-05-12, 05:59
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSs View Post
I don't really get why people whine about possible Muv-Luv translation project
Because of the hacking thing. I don't know about now, but at least back when the poll was running there really wasn't any reason at all to believe that anything would come out of it.
Old 2009-05-12, 06:01
Obsessive

They're probably like me in that it's not necessarily that they don't want Muv Luv, they just want to try cross channel and a few others first. I've been waiting for CC for a long time (ever since that guy, uh, "translated" a large portion of it but never released any) yet I haven't been entertaining the prospect of a Muv Luv project at all, so it's only natural that I'd want it first.

Besides, which we think is 'better' or 'worse' and which we like more is just our personal opinion, you can't really try to logic us into thinking otherwise.
Old 2009-05-12, 06:58
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because of the hacking thing. I don't know about now, but at least back when the poll was running there really wasn't any reason at all to believe that anything would come out of it.
What hacking thing? Stop beliving everything you've read on internet, rUGP is being hacked atm, even Ixrec noted it at the poll thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
They're probably like me in that it's not necessarily that they don't want Muv Luv, they just want to try cross channel and a few others first. I've been waiting for CC for a long time (ever since that guy, uh, "translated" a large portion of it but never released any) yet I haven't been entertaining the prospect of a Muv Luv project at all, so it's only natural that I'd want it first.

Besides, which we think is 'better' or 'worse' and which we like more is just our personal opinion, you can't really try to logic us into thinking otherwise.
You are free to think and like what you want, I just don't want to see posts like "Muv-Luv is shit for mech idiots, we want Cross Channel(g-senjou, sharin no kuni - insert one) instead" from people who haven't even played any of this games.
Old 2009-05-12, 07:07
Unregistered

Quote:
rUGP is being hacked atm, even Ixrec noted it at the poll thread.
Well, sure. But since nobody has succeeded in it before (despite ML being a very famous title), and during most of the poll we had no idea Ixrec had a team doing hacking for him, are you really saying that the hacking paranoia was completely unreasonable?
Old 2009-05-12, 07:41
Unregistered

Quote:
What hacking thing? Stop beliving everything you've read on internet, rUGP is being hacked atm, even Ixrec noted it at the poll thread.

You are free to think and like what you want, I just don't want to see posts like "Muv-Luv is shit for mech idiots, we want Cross Channel(g-senjou, sharin no kuni - insert one) instead" from people who haven't even played any of this games.
Personally, I don't care if Muv-Luv is for mech idiots or for different kind of idiots. I'm much more interested in G-Senjou and Sharin no Kuni regardless of what Muv-Luv is and who is it for (and if it's hackable or not for that matter), that's all.

The efforts translation of something so huge as Muv-Luv would take IMO would be better spent on translating 2 or even 3 smaller VNs.