gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-03-16, 02:05
Unregistered

Question "Eden"

Minori's newest game that isn't out yet. Anybody have any idea what the game is about ???
Old 2009-03-16, 03:09
Posts way too much

No. There's no information beyond what's on the site. No idea who is doing the scenario (you could probably guess Mikage would be taking part), who is doing the music (you could, again, probably guess at Tenmon) etc.

Also, for future reference, call the game 'eden*' so as not to get it confused with the upcoming eden -最終戦争少女伝説-, aka eden: sssd. =P
Old 2009-03-16, 10:51
Local

I certainly hope that Mikage would return for scenario writing on that one (and also Tenmon for music, though I do hope they could bring back Yanagi Eiichiro for that category back as well). Also no real confirmation or announcement on the artist side of eden*...even though Mitsuishi Shona is responsible/credited for random little promo art pieces (yet she's been on minori's boat for several projects of theirs before).
Old 2009-03-16, 10:57
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Minori's newest game that isn't out yet. Anybody have any idea what the game is about ???
Well here's the plot summary from the Comptiq issue it was announced in, going off memory here:
Earth doomed to end, mankind starts the フェリックス (Fellix? Romanise it how you like) Project to create a race of long-living eternally youthful, presumably very intelligent humans through genetic engineerine. One of these is Sion, who is moe, and always used as the government's poster-girl for their propaganda campaigns. Skip about a century later and the project has been successful and evacuation has begun, but Sion wants to stay behind. And you stay down and protect her because she's miss clueless sheltered girl.

And here's a shoddy photo-scan.

Other than that? No, we know absolutely nothing. It's kinda weird, you'd think they'd have announced something else by now.
Old 2009-03-16, 11:31
Posts way too much

I still see it turning into a Himawari-like plot =P
Old 2009-03-16, 12:19

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I wonder if フェリックス is a combination of Fairy and Helix... or maybe just an odd way of writing Helix. Great, now I have mental images of シオン morphing into Felix the Cat -_-;
Old 2009-03-16, 13:20
Local

*looks close at magazine shot* Okay this girl *so* looks nothing like Shona's style. In fact judged by those sparkling round eyes of Shion..that must be Chikotam in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion
Other than that? No, we know absolutely nothing. It's kinda weird, you'd think they'd have announced something else by now.
Given how long it took minori between initial project announcement and first details on setting, plot and characters for ef I'm not really surprised they remain cagey about eden* as of now.

Last edited by Tetsurou; 2009-03-16 at 13:29.
Old 2009-10-01, 02:17
Local

So...anyone picked up eden* and its Appendix Disc and gone through both?
It receives quite good ratings and partwise raving reviews so I was wondering whether it's really worth the enthusiasm...
Old 2009-10-01, 05:43
Posts way too much

Good but not as good as ef*. Also quite a bit shorter than ef**, but at the price you shouldn't be complaining. Plus mosaic is basically like a fandisc giving 4 extra chapters. H scenes are, well, typical minori in that they aren't all that good, but it's the thought that counts.

*latter tale obviously =p

**how short? well, take Chapter 2 of "Kitto, Sumiwataru Arairo yori mo". In the time it takes to complete just Chapter 2 you could read all of eden*, read all of plus+mosaic and still have time to post on 2ch about how bullshit plus+mosaic was.

Last edited by Asceai; 2009-10-01 at 06:35.
Old 2009-10-01, 05:47
Local

Send a message via Yahoo to koji_leo

Me and how can I say it? em... it's ef, eden* similar with ef
typical minori games
it's nakige
I'm afraid this will spoil you
Old 2009-10-03, 00:41
Local

kinda similar to ef :D
Old 2009-10-03, 12:44
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai
Good but not as good as ef
I see. Well, I take that as good enough reason to go for both (the "used" market prices for both eden* and PLUS+MOSAIC are set pretty low set to justify that even more anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai
H scenes are, well, typical minori in that they aren't all that good, but it's the thought that counts.
Really? Actually I found the Ero scenes in ef quite well executed for the most parts..especially in the first tale. (of course some were rather "not so great" than others, but still...).
Old 2009-10-03, 22:09
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsurou View Post
Really? Actually I found the Ero scenes in ef quite well executed for the most parts..especially in the first tale.
To start with, it's not done by the same artist.
Old 2009-10-03, 23:39
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsurou View Post
Really? Actually I found the Ero scenes in ef quite well executed for the most parts..especially in the first tale. (of course some were rather "not so great" than others, but still...).
Really? I didn't!

In that case they're probably fine, then =P Heck, I think eden* plus+mosaic's H scenes were better than ef's, so chances are you won't have a problem with them.
Old 2009-10-07, 02:38
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Really? I didn't!

In that case they're probably fine, then =P Heck, I think eden* plus+mosaic's H scenes were better than ef's, so chances are you won't have a problem with them.
Well, I guess my rather weird taste in these regards certainly helps ^_~
(here's still considering Studio Ryokucha's magic a ride been the best Bishoujo AVG also in these aspects througout the last year...probably even close to perfect if they'd gone for heroine specific routes instead).

Actually the Ero content or better said it's execution is one of those aspects whereat I also consider the first tale. to be superior to the latter tale., especially during Kei's chapter I felt them quite beautiful staged and not coming along with any forced feel for the most parts.
the latter tale. while not bad in comparison with many other titles I've gone through before had some...issues. Not that the scenaries themself would be horrible per se, but the execution left the sense for such moments missing I felt...Chihiro's was still the best in these aspects while most of what followed from there on to me was somehow overshadowed by minori's weird approach of the very first "encounter of that kind" between Mizuki and Kuze (not that the event itself didn't feel important to the story and characters, but I felt it to be a quite disturbing move by minori to include that not-so-neat encounter for Mizuki right next to others as part of the H scene bonus gallery/scene replay -_-)

So here's hoping (and approaching?) that PLUS+MOSAIC will feature more sense as minori IMO showed to be capable of.

Oh and if someone would please spoil me on this, out of curiosity is the "demo movie/OP" again more of an ED in terms of placing?