gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-12-09, 14:40
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no but the translation of kara no shoujo is going fine
lol

Is there any credibility to the rumor that it'll be officially licensed?
Old 2010-12-09, 21:02

Default Well....

According to izmosmolnar (lead tler of the team if I recall?)

"No, it's being negotiated between mangagamer and the companies holding rights to it. You have to wait more time on the conclusion of those. What I said here are still how it is now."

And here's the /jp/ post he was referring to.

Anonymous Mon Aug 30 02:38:54 2010 No.6039581

" Project member dude here.
You'll have to wait more because Innogray is a company with a bunch of outsourced relations, whom also have a right to say about licenses, and even ask compensations, and all those relations require negotiations, which has been ongoing for a good while, and we still don't have any idea when they finish or even what the outcome is going to be. We also have nfc how innogray feels about the changes we made in the engine so they likely will go over and see whether they'd be satisfied.
You're going to have to wait more just like we do.
That said, the editor of this project had lots of irl issues this summer so he's still not fully finished with the editing anyway, and even when he'll be, the TL would still have to go another round, so it's incorrect to say that the full thing is ready.
And while we are at it there are still engine bugs anyway, so yeah. Now stop asking please. "
Old 2010-12-09, 22:08
Regular

No way, I'm not a tler. I'm just a replaceable guy who's involved with it since quite some time ago. And yeah what I've said there it's still how things are now. That's just how it is.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2010-12-09 at 22:13.
Old 2011-04-10, 12:49
Nyaran

Now, I know that this thread is old and all, but I'm curious...
How are things with kara no shoujo?
Old 2011-04-10, 19:42
Unregistered

mg will maybe release it. probably. ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Old 2011-05-20, 13:06
Unregistered

Mangagamers are officially releasing it now.

Question: Did Mangagamers talk with TLwiki about the project beforehand? cause i was sure that this game status was near completion and under wraps and now Mangagamers officially announces it (not that it's bad thing)
Old 2011-05-20, 15:08
Regular

Naturally we did.
Originally, we (due to our image editor Vodka's idea) asked Mangogamer to inquire Innocent Grey that, was the reason of their C&D is that they want to release official stuff outside Japan, or they just followed Minori & co's suit with last year's craze. They immediately said they're very interested in licensing their games so we joined forces with the two other parties after that.
We kept a low profile due to it being voiceless (AFAIH they were bugging the voicecompany since last summer but they didn't wanna budge), and due to how MG is the one who should be announcing it, not us (especially since they're the one deciding the release date anyway).
Near completion isn't quite accurate though, when the C&D came and we halted to see what we were gonna do, there were still truckloads of stuff to do before it being release worthy.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2011-05-20 at 15:16.
Old 2011-05-22, 08:05
Unregistered

I just double-checked the release. No voice in a VN? Real Bummer. Did the original 1 hv voice acting in it?
Old 2011-05-22, 10:50
Local

Send a message via MSN to VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just double-checked the release. No voice in a VN? Real Bummer. Did the original 1 hv voice acting in it?
http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2011...houjo-changes/
Old 2011-05-23, 09:12
Unregistered

So basically there is no (legal)way to get voice acting in the english release of Kara no Shoujo. SIGH.

Does the engine the really change that much from Jap to English?(My respect to TLwiki for even taking up this project in the first place)
Old 2011-05-23, 11:46
Regular

As it says there isn't. The reason it was only announced this late is that they kept trying to talk some sense into them voice company but to no avail unfortunately.

It's been ported from something we always had many troubles and even in the end couldn't get 100% working proper tools for it addressing everything we wanted to, into an easy-peasy engine everyone loves without having any of the issues we had in the past.
Old 2011-05-23, 22:01
Serke

Personally, I don't care about the voices at all. I'd turn them off anyway. Pretty generic voice acting IMO, nothing to get excited about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
It's been ported from something we always had many troubles and even in the end couldn't get 100% working proper tools for it addressing everything we wanted to, into an easy-peasy engine everyone loves without having any of the issues we had in the past.
Troubles - yes, problems in the end - yes again, but they were minor and nothing that couldn't have been dealt with. Actually, the only troubles I can think of that haven't been dealt with in the latest WIP version of the patch were correlation graph issues and rather small descriptions of different locations on maps (if memory serves, our image editor had to use small font to squeeze the English text in the original boxes). The funny thing is, judging by the screenshots I've seen so far, MG did nothing to address the maps issue. As for the graph, I figured it out long ago and was ready to implement the necessary changes any time. Unfortunately, the time didn't come. The project remained frozen and I stopped working on the engine.

Last edited by Serke; 2011-05-23 at 22:21.
Old 2012-09-10, 16:26
Unregistered

Sorry to revive the old Kara no Shoujo thread, but is there some news on Cartagra's status? We know it has been fully translated since last year, but is the patch stranded forever considering MangaGamer seems to be unable\uninterested to release the game? Has Apoptosis said anything about this situation?
Old 2013-02-08, 06:09

Five month later, like the precedent user, I want to know if there is some news about Cartagra ? Nearly two years that Kara no Shoujo was released and I don't think Mangagamer want to release Cartagra anymore. In addition, Kara no Shoujo 2 is going to be released today. (Hum, and the website is just full of holes.)

Is there any interest for the amateur translator to not distribute his patch discreetly ?

If there is a way to obtain it, pm me. :D
Old 2013-07-06, 04:54

Cartagra & Kara no Shôjo 2 were announced at Anime Expo. YOUHOU!