gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-05-18, 06:24

Default Himawari

See Canned Dogs.

What's the possibility of getting this translated by someone? I just want to get the word out, for awareness' sake. Thanks.
Old 2008-05-18, 08:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitze
What's the possibility of getting this translated by someone? I just want to get the word out, for awareness' sake. Thanks.
Well, there is a comment by someone called BLyn on the site you linked to where someone claims to be translating the game with a release ETA of August or September, but I don't know how hopeful you dare get from something like that...
Old 2008-05-18, 08:50

Take it with a grain of salt. Unless there's evidence by him.
Old 2008-05-18, 09:27
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

I do have doubts about a translation project announced in a comment on one of zepy's blog posts.

Then again I guess stranger things have happened.
Old 2008-05-18, 11:31
Posts way too much

Yes, Himawari's very very good. (Did my yelling about it everywhere for two weeks influence something? Who knows.) Be very nice to have a translation project for this, but it is quite a long title, so I dunno what the chances are.
Old 2008-05-19, 07:07
Chewy

So in what way does the scenario stand out ? Is there a good sci-fi twist in there or is it a touching story ?
Old 2008-05-19, 07:34
Local

Aren't you people a bit too optimistic? Sorry but a person I've NEVER heard from (and I do know some people through translation wiki) claims he's translating Himawari. No Screens, no website, nothing. Every idiot can claim on any blog he/she is translating some game. Don't take it too serious people..

Last edited by mutio; 2008-05-19 at 07:37.
Old 2008-05-19, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutio View Post
Aren't you people a bit too optimistic? Sorry but a person I've NEVER heard from (and I do know some people through translation wiki) claims he's translating Himawari. No Screens, no website, nothing. Every idiot can claim on any blog he/she is translating some game. Don't take it too serious people..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaSvenne
Well, there is a comment by someone called BLyn on the site you linked to where someone claims to be translating the game with a release ETA of August or September, but I don't know how hopeful you dare get from something like that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitze
Take it with a grain of salt. Unless there's evidence by him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
I do have doubts about a translation project announced in a comment on one of zepy's blog posts.

Then again I guess stranger things have happened.
Seems every poster mentioning the "translation project" in this thread has expressed at least some kind of mistrust towards it. Don't know where you get the "optimistic feeling" from...

But if it was just advice in general I definitely agree with you, there's no reason to get too excited until some substantial evidence is shown.

Last edited by MaccaSvenne; 2008-05-19 at 09:44.
Old 2008-05-19, 10:13
Local

Well, the fact that just a comment on a blog leads to this discussion, and Novelnews even putting up a news -> that I call optimistic ;) But hopefuly we'll get some clear answers soon.
Old 2008-05-19, 14:29
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
So in what way does the scenario stand out ? Is there a good sci-fi twist in there or is it a touching story ?
The sci-fi aspect is not particularly noteworthy as being something amazingly imaginative... fans of sci-fi probably wouldn't be at all satisfied with it. What stands out are the characters, with their well-developed stories and in-depth personalities. The story is told almost perfectly. Essentially, there are three main branches to the story, all revealing more of the overall picture (although Asuka's story is relatively independent of the other two, and is one of the most touching of the lot). Note that the three branches don't exactly correlate to the three heroines.
On the main path through the story (and mandatory if you haven't finished it before), at the end the 2048 scenario (which is single-path, essentially) is opened up, and.. okay, can't really say much about it without spoiling everything. But after viewing that, the rest of the paths on the main scenario become available. I strongly recommend exploring both Aqua's and Asuka's routes when you get to this stage (but play the whole thing, it's all good).
Note that the story doesn't take itself seriously all the time, which is honestly fine by me - I found a lot of the light humour quite entertaining. It's really a matter of taste.

tl;dr: This doujin game is in my top 5 list because the story is just that good, play it already.
Old 2008-05-20, 06:21

This only means that we should assume there's no one translating Himawari. So someone still has to pick this up.
Old 2008-05-20, 11:25
Posts way too much

If anyone has trouble with the slightly changed archive format (it's the same as the XP3 format used by 11eyes, if you're wondering), ask me =p
Old 2008-05-20, 14:24
Unregistered

So, is there any remote chance of me getting this game without going to Japan?

I've yet to experience a single doujin work since it's so fucking hard to get into as a foreigner :(
Old 2008-05-20, 14:29
Regular

Use a proxy service like dankedanke.com.
Old 2008-05-20, 22:06

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Or bribe a doujin reseller to bring it to the next convention you go to...