gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Production & Help

Production & Help For discussions regarding production aspects, especially localisation, of visual novels and related games.

Old 2008-05-14, 07:57
Regular

Post Looking for Hacker for Little Busters! English Translation

We are looking for a hacker for our Little Busters! English Translation Project.

We are currently translating the dialog and editing the images. We need someone who'll be willing to work directly with us, preferably someone who can extract and insert everything (including minigames). Knowledge about the reallive system used in LB or other reallive games is preferable, because we have no idea.

If you are interested in taking on this responsibility and willing to stick out until the end, please contact me. I am checking out this forum daily, you can post on this thread or PM me.

PS1: If you dont think you're good enough, ask anyway ~ we are also amateurs at this.

PS2: I can also be reached from echo.materia@gmail.com just in case.
Old 2008-06-07, 13:32
Regular

Lightbulb

We solved the problems regarding the insertion of the translated material and managed to extract almost everything.

Little Busters! has on a rough count 74k lines and 3k images to translate and edit. While our translation is proceeding smoothly we welcome any additional translators that are willing to help to speed up the process.

We can be found at #lbtp@irc.synirc.net

Last edited by EchoMateria; 2008-06-23 at 06:16. Reason: changed image source
Old 2008-06-07, 14:31
Regular

3000 images?! Good lord, and here I'd been complaining about a hundred or two...
Old 2008-06-07, 14:38
Posts way too much

Devil on the G String has a couple of images to translate and edit
And apart from the 18+ notice (which I did on a whim ages ago anyway) I'm not doing ANY of them. =p
Old 2008-06-07, 15:28
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Devil on the G String has a couple of images to translate and edit
And apart from the 18+ notice (which I did on a whim ages ago anyway) I'm not doing ANY of them. =p
Rope some poor unsuspecting soul into doing them for you? ;p
Old 2008-06-07, 15:37
Posts way too much

That does sound like a very attractive idea. Probably do that for the opening video subtitling as well =P

Or I'll just leave them as they are, they don't really affect the playability of the game - they'd be more for just making it look better.
Old 2008-06-07, 16:05
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
That does sound like a very attractive idea. Probably do that for the opening video subtitling as well =P

Or I'll just leave them as they are, they don't really affect the playability of the game - they'd be more for just making it look better.
Depends what the images are I suppose. Subtitling the opening is definitely pointless, especially because it'd either be optional anyway (and few would be likely to download it) or buff the patch's filesize by like, 100mb.

If it is only a couple of images I'm sure someone would be willing to do them though. Bound to be someone out there who wants to contribute but can't translate.
Old 2008-06-07, 16:07
Posts way too much

Actually, I meant just timing etc. the opening. I'd implement the subtitling programmatically. It's nothing that arduous in kirikiri.
Old 2008-06-07, 16:09
Obsessive

The LB minigames contain a lot of images so they do affect playability in this case. Most are simple item names etc and while you can play the game with out being able to read them (as minigames do not affect the plot) you'll spend alot of time randomly clicking though them having no idea whats going on.

In a pure VN, graphics aren't really that big a issue as a menu is pretty easy to figure out (save, load,hide window, return to title etc)

Keep up the great work!
Old 2008-06-07, 23:43
dsp2003

Quote:
ChocoED says:
3000 images?! Good lord, and here I'd been complaining about a hundred or two...
You didn't translated GTA:SA textures (approx. 1000 images), i did... and there's really nothing special (especially when you can handle your picture editor well). ^_^

EchoMateria, Please keep up the good work! :)
Old 2008-08-15, 03:08

gonna join the TL team.... but somehow the irc is dead... noboy in there
Old 2008-08-15, 09:28
Local

try again, they all live in europe
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER

Last edited by fireshark; 2011-03-09 at 08:37.