gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-10-08, 20:18

Is there a list of projects taken and the groups that have taken them somewhere? I looked around and couldn't find one, maybe I'm just slow.
Old 2005-10-08, 20:51
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruterubouzu
Is there a list of projects taken and the groups that have taken them somewhere?
Not as such, but you can get a pretty good idea of the range of projects by checking the sites listed under 'doujin circles' in the links section.

...or you could just wait two days until they're released =P
Old 2005-10-09, 05:02

I considered that option, but I wanted to know what everyone was up to beforehand anyway. And if I could possibly do something <_<
Old 2005-10-09, 05:30
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wanted to know what everyone was up to beforehand anyway. And if I could possibly do something <_<
It's possibly a little late to start, with entries due in under 48 hours. Unless you have really l337 translation skills, in which case contact the coordinator (gp32).
Old 2005-10-09, 09:06
Irregular

All al|together 2005 staff: if you wish for insani to handle multiplatform installer packaging and release details (i.e. you wish to avail yourself of our BitTorrent tracker) then please make every effort to have your entry in to me early.

I should also clearly state that late entries will not be permitted -- either you have your entry in to me on time, or you will be removed as an official presenter of AT2005. The reason? One of the main tenets to this festival was its timed, deadline-driven end. I also know for a fact that the short entries assigned (and only the old-guard translators got extended assignments, just FYI) were all doable within the timeframe -- except for one, who has since been reassigned. There will be an extended phase of AT2005 following Oct 11, but this will strictly be for *new* projects that budding translators want advertised on the AT2005 site; those of you that started 30 days ago have no excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wanted to know what everyone was up to beforehand anyway.
As is customary with insani projects, for al|together 2005 nobody gets this privilege unless I am given a very good reason. And mere curiosity, unfortunately, is not a very good reason at all. Neither is "I want to make sure I'm not taking someone else's project", especially at this late hour. As Haeleth states, if you want to get started on a project feel free to contact me, and I'd be happy to give you an assignment. However, unless you are extremely fast, you'll not make it on time -- making your entry pointless for the purposes of the "real phase" of this year's festival. That said, if you or anyone else wants to do an extended-phase release, then all you have to do is wait for two days (less, now ...) to see which projects were done, and plan accordingly ...
Old 2005-10-10, 06:52
chendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Simple textual note routine a la my Kanon patch:
Code:
*note_loop
lsp 40,"&#58;s#FFFFFF?",610,15
repaint

`Text goes here.\

getmousepos %50, %51
notif %50>=600 & %51<=40 goto *note_end
isskip %50
if %50!=0 goto *note_end
csp 40
repaint

`Note goes here.\

goto *note_loop
*note_end
csp 40
repaint
May need tweaking if those sprites or variables are being used, and obviously the labels will need to be made unique if you're using it more than once, and the positions will need adjusting if you're hacking an 800x600 game.

Also, you'll need to modify your ONScripter slightly so that the isskip function will return non-zero if Ctrl is being pressed, otherwise you get annoying behaviour if skipping with Ctrl when the mouse is in the top right. It's a trivial change. Or I can provide builds if you prefer and/or insani don't add that to their branch.

Of course, if you can find a way to localise the reference, that's always even better. ^_^
There's gotta be a better way than that. From what I can tell, using 'goto' will reset the lookback buffer which is an inconvienence. I guess it's possible using lsp to print the actual note itself.
Code:
lsp 40,"&#58;s#FFFFFF`TL Note&#58; Something something something.",20,440
That works as intended on my setup (ONScripter 20050923a, with FORCE and ENABLE_1BYTE). It shouldn't be too hard using regex to 'macroize' the note process.

Given a random script (without backticks):

Code:
blah blah
tlnote&#58;Note here.

blah blah
end page here\
Code:
re.sub&#40;"\ntlnote&#58;&#40;.+&#41;\n&#40;&#91;\n\r\w. &#93;+\\\\&#41;", "\nlsp 40,\"&#58;s#FFFFFF`\\1\",20, 440\nrepaint\n\\2\ncsp 40\nrepaint\n", data&#41;
in Python would expand it out to:
Code:
blah blah
lsp 40,"&#58;s#FFFFFF`Note here.",20, 440
repaint

blah blah
end page here\
csp 40
repaint
Which inserts code to paint the note at the bottom of the screen and automatically removes it after the next pagebreak (\).

Otherwise it would be to create a 'tlnote' command, which is far beyond my programming skills.
Old 2005-10-10, 11:56

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that rule. I knew you guys only released things that actually get done, but that idea didn't hit me for a special festival like this where plenty of others are chipping in. I'll burn that in memory for the future.
I wasn't actually planning on doing something at lightspeed before the deadline, at best I just wanted to experiment on something afterwards, for experience's sake. Definitely not to the extent of being assigned something and seeing it through to the end. So I guess it's just pure curiosity.

Well, heck, it's not like I'm not patient enough to wait one more day now :P