gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-11-25, 10:45
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Im sorry. You could you reword that?
>cd "D:\Program Files\Eushully\戦女神ZERO"
>D:
>AgeAlfExtractor.exe -x -a SYS4INI.BIN

etc

Quote:
cd . <--- will set the working directory of your console application to the directory it's launched from.
lol no, '.' is the current dir, so you are changing the current dir to the current dir (it's unnecessary).
Old 2009-11-25, 11:34
dsp2003

Quote:
lol no, '.' is the current dir, so you are changing the current dir to the current dir (it's unnecessary).
It IS necessary. Windows CMD shell tends to force current directory as X:\Documents and Settings\Username. I had some non-working scripts before and had no idea why it doesn't work, until i experimented a bit. First 'cd .' will always change the current directory to the one where CMD file is stored.

Last edited by dsp2003; 2009-11-25 at 11:36.
Old 2009-11-25, 14:43
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp2003 View Post
It IS necessary. Windows CMD shell tends to force current directory as X:\Documents and Settings\Username. I had some non-working scripts before and had no idea why it doesn't work, until i experimented a bit. First 'cd .' will always change the current directory to the one where CMD file is stored.
First time I hear about that, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen in XP. I just tested it with this .bat:

Code:
@echo off
chdir
cd .
chdir
pause
chdir prints the current/working directory of the shell, and both times it shows the same path where the .bat is stored at.
Old 2009-11-26, 14:14

Never made .bat files before. I feel like a kid who's discovered a new toy. Thanks :)

What I tried:

1.I moved all the files to "D:\EXTRACTION" to simplify things.

2. Used the .bat files. I tried both suggested cmd lines, with both extraction programs. It does create the folder structure (Data 1, Data 2, etc) but still can't actually get any of the files. Gives me the same error.

And just to be as helpful as possible. I am using Windows XP professional.
Here's what I have now. LINK
Old 2009-11-26, 16:53
Unregistered

Maybe it's an issue with that game.
Can you try it with Genrin no Kishougun II? I tested them on that one, so if it doesn't work, you're doing something wrong.
Old 2009-11-26, 18:15

The AgeExtractor does work for Genrin no Kishougun II!

Asmodean's tool SHOULD work for Ikusa Megami ZERO, but it looks like I'll just work with the other tool for now.

Last edited by Avisch; 2009-11-27 at 08:33.
Old 2009-11-30, 03:56
Unregistered

Quote:
Asmodean's tool SHOULD work for Ikusa Megami ZERO, but it looks like I'll just work with the other tool for now.
I tested both tools and they work on that game. ex4alf gives a warning about data7.alf missing but extracts fine, ageExtractor also complains about data7.alf as fatal error, so I had to create an empty data7.alf for it to work.
Old 2009-12-04, 23:02

Finally got it to work. Turns out I kept setting the wrong directory.
Old 2010-01-01, 20:38
Visitor

Quote:
Just in case anyone was interested. Through another person, I got a tool that can insert scripts into pre-2008 Eushully game's.

(from Genrin no Kishougun II)

It was pretty cool to try it out. Doesn't look like it can re-insert images yet though. Which is a problem cause there are a ton.
can u post the tool as well. thanks
Old 2010-01-09, 13:05

Here is the tool. Mediafire link

Just so everyone knows, I have not abandoned this project completely.
I am trying to find out if I can either reverse engineer XAGE (to allow image re-insertion) or use the source code of asmodean's tool to create a compiler.
Old 2010-01-11, 00:39
Visitor

Thx for the tool.

Let me help if u really starting this translation project. Since I'm quite free now...
Old 2010-01-27, 15:52

So a helpful friend (Jtle) revealed to me that you can override existing files by adding them to the game folder, this works for both Pre-2008 games and 2008-onward games.

For images, it's just a matter of converting edited the BMP images back to the AGF file format. With asmodean's source this might be possible but I know nothing about C++, so I'll see if I can find a local expert.

For scripts, it's just a matter of injecting extracted text files into the binary files (BIN). As I said earlier, XAGE can inject translations to pre-2008 games, but I do want to open the possibility of translating 2008+ games.

Last edited by Avisch; 2010-01-29 at 19:54.
Old 2010-02-02, 14:57

BREAK THROUGH ON THE IMAGES! Turns out you can simply change the extension of the file from .bmp to .agf , and it reads it as an AGF image (don't know why I didn't try this earlier). Conversion is unnecessary, atleast for files with no alpha channel.

EDIT: Did some more complex tests. SYS3 doesn't mind edits at all, but SYS4 required editing from colors within it's own set. I fixed this by adding an INI file. Ultimately I will need to perform more tests.

Last edited by Avisch; 2010-02-07 at 17:36.
Old 2011-04-08, 13:23
Visitor

I know this is kind of a necro, but did you or anyone else ever figure out how to RE-Encode an Eushully game? Been working on translating some of the menu options on their newest game from the demo. I don't know JPN myself but there are translations for that stuff available online. Ready to try re-inserting and testing but have had no luck.
Old 2015-12-16, 19:38
marcussacana

Default Tool

https://github.com/marcussacana/EushullyEditor
The ArcGameEngine don't need repack to read...