gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2011-05-29, 09:45
Regular

is it just me or is Karin's route done editing, according to the status on the first page.
you not gonna release a Karin route patch? cuz.... I reaaaally wanna play her route before school starts again. ;.;
Old 2011-05-29, 23:20
Local

Yes it's done editing. I can't make any promises about when a new patch will be out, sorry. It takes a while.
Old 2011-05-30, 02:26
Regular

are you gonna wait for the twins route to be edited first or are you planning to release a separate one for Karin's route? *crosses fingers*
Old 2011-06-02, 03:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman View Post
This is the game with Sasara, but that's a long way away I'm afraid my friend. Zero progress on her route so far.
It's ok. I'll patiently wait for it. In the meantime, I'll have Tama-nee and Manaka to keep me company. :D
Old 2011-06-08, 23:32
Unregistered

I've ran into some untranslated text concerning Konomi. It was on day twelve, when the protagonist goes to pick her up from her school after her graduation; It seemed important. Also a lot of the going to school together scenes so far are untranslated as well, is this intentional?
Old 2011-06-08, 23:40
Local

Not intentional, no. Some files may have been dropped during the editing process. Thanks for pointing that out. The going to school ones may not be done yet if they're not Konomi specific.
Old 2011-06-09, 12:15
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman View Post
Not intentional, no. Some files may have been dropped during the editing process. Thanks for pointing that out. The going to school ones may not be done yet if they're not Konomi specific.
Could you clarify what you mean by, "Konomi specific". As for the going to school ones, the scenes I was referring to only had Konomi in them, and sometimes her mother and or dog. If I know what to look for, I could report the scenes that seem like they should be translated as I play through.
Old 2011-06-15, 01:26
Justin

I also noticed that there was a fair number of untranslated konami posts where she is with her dog or on what looks like a bike before school in the morning and such. there were also quite a few konami tamaki and yuuji moments that were untranslated as well, im not sure if that was by design or not but after reading everything it seems as though those should be translated. I also noticed that from a certain point in the game, every night in his bedroom the text is untranslated as well. And i take it that seeing as Tamakis H Scene was an oversight, it will be included in the next patch? I really look forward to reading that ^^ Thank you so much for making this game playable to those who dont know japanese! Much support and i look forward to the future developements!~
Old 2011-07-03, 03:00
Regular

any update on the project?
Old 2011-07-31, 02:38

apparently not?

Having a lil bit of problems running this. Screens load really slowly. Like for example, a switching from bg of Takaki's bedroom to say, the street. From main menu to other submenus too. I'm using win7, but I remember it worked fine in the past....

Managed to weed out the source of the problem. Apparently the fnt file is slowing the game down a lot.

Last edited by XxSaberxX; 2011-07-31 at 02:56.
Old 2011-08-16, 09:57
Regular

still no update? D:
Old 2011-08-16, 11:49
Unregistered

Just dropped by to say thanks for the alpha 3 patch.

Yuma route was a good wake-up call (for me).

A few rant:
1. It seems there's compatibility issue with 32-bit and 64-bit OSes. I may never switch to 64-bit then.
2. Seeing that a lot of people understands that translating VNs is very much harder than just subbing anime/manga, and they understand it so much that they can't complain the slow progress, can I ask how much time would it take, and would that time be quite the chunk, to repack the script files and release another alpha patch? most people here seem not to mind even if an unedited patch would be released.
3. in need of a grammar nazi? I'll drop by in IRC some time.
Old 2011-08-17, 10:07
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've ran into some untranslated text concerning Konomi. It was on day twelve, when the protagonist goes to pick her up from her school after her graduation; It seemed important. Also a lot of the going to school together scenes so far are untranslated as well, is this intentional?
From ear, I could tell some of them weren't really important as far as the plot(?) goes. They were random conversations like when Konomi wore her old uniform by mistake, or when Yuuji talks about some CD or maid-robots. Still, it was a little strange to find them unstranslated, as they are Konomi and Tamaki related.

I could be mistaken, one or more of them might be important. Like that one before the graduation you mentioned? I don't remember that scene, I'll have to find it.

Someone who really knows japanese would give us a better opinion, I think.
Old 2011-08-19, 10:46
Visitor

Basically those scenes show up in multiple routes but aren't at all important to any of them. Your not really missing anything by not reading them.

Edit: also *cry* was hoping to read Karin's route before fall semester started. Is there someone currently working on putting out the next patch or do you need help with that part? I don't have any experience but, I'm a computer science major and if nothing else I'm sure I can find someone else in the department to help.

Last edited by ReinerSkye; 2011-08-19 at 10:49.
Old 2011-08-24, 05:19

Nice to know this isnt dead, for me any english is better than the Japanese so long as it tells the story with some accuracy XD ive played through Tamaki's, Yuma's and Manaka's routes so far, for those of you who are desperate for Tamaki's H scene being that unfortunately it is in Japanese for whatever reason (hopefully that will be fixed in the next patch) then download the Alpha Tamaki only route here http://ittaku-subs.net/th2alpha1c.zip you will of course need the original game files for that, not the new font and .exe from the current patch (also remember that only parts with my beloved Tama-nee in/relevant to her path are in english ;D ), also for those of you experiancing problems with slow transitions, this is also fixable, your game should create a config file, open it up with notepad or some text editor and where its says 'wait:<value>' (for me it said 60) change it to 1 so it should read 'wait:1' and the transitions should go at the same speed as originally intended. I would like to thank everyone who's worked on this project, you've all done a great job and so far have made a really great patch for a great game ^^ thankyou, cant wait for the next update, i really wanna play the twins route :D

Last edited by Online_Outlaw; 2011-08-25 at 03:00. Reason: updated the config file wait time to 1, 2 still seemed a tad slow for some transitions