gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2012-11-07, 19:51
Visitor

Default Hitomi - my stepsister text files.

I'm troubled in finding the texts for "Hitomi my stepsister".
I suppose that the file without extension that it is called ISF have the files with texts.
I've maked the extraction with the AnimED and got more files, now with the extesion .ISF, but i can't visualize it.
Old 2012-11-16, 11:58
Unregistered

http://vn.i-forge.net/tools/#ikura+gdl+isf+scenario+coder seems to do exactly this.
Old 2012-11-16, 18:21
Visitor

Hello. Thanks for the anwser.
I tested this tool and it didn't work. I'm pretty sure that used it in the correct way.
Besides that, i noticed that this tool works with the scenario, and so, with images.

If you have the game and AnimED there, you'll see that the file DATA has many .bin that could be text files, but they are compreensed.

Thanks, again.

Last edited by nessikari; 2012-11-17 at 22:11. Reason: Typo.
Old 2012-11-17, 06:25
Unregistered

It's far from intuitive (and you probably should contact the author about it), but it works. First decrypt your .ISF to an intermediate, say, .TMP with "dx" option ("isfcodec dx 0.ISF 0.TMP"), then decrypt that intermediate file to the source binary with "d" option ("isfcodec d 0.TMP 0.BIN"). Encrypt modified script in the same way but with "e"->"ex" options instead of "dx"->"d" you've used for decryption.
Note that I didn't test anything further than decrypting ISF files from English version of the VN, verifying that the text is readable in a hex editor, encrypting them back and comparing CRC32 checksums of original and new files.

Examples:
hitomi_dec.bat
Spoiler

hitomi_enc.bat
Spoiler

^ These two .BAT files are supposed to be located in the same directory with isfcodec.exe and *.ISF files that AnimED gives you; decrypted files go to SRC subdirectory where you're supposed to modify them and then re-encrypt them to NEW subdirectory which can be used as a source for rebuilding an ISF archive with AnimED.

As for that DATA archive, .BIN files inside are actually .BMP files with changed extension.
Old 2012-11-17, 19:39
Visitor

Thanks for the .bat files and the hints
Unfortunately the converted files didn't work, couldn't see the texts on the hex editor and on conventional texts editors
Old 2012-11-18, 04:18
Unregistered

Side-by-side comparison of ISF, intermediate file and source binary.
Spoiler

Decrypted file only.
Spoiler

Images speak for themselves.

@Future generations: you can ignore pics in this post completely if they're dead, it's just a proof of the method described above working on English Hitomi -My Stepsister- from G-Collections, ISF archive in this particular release having the following specs:
Size (bytes): 4277536
Modified on: 2004 Nov 12 16:38:13 GMT
CRC32: D9B127AB
MD5: 952b52bc09867790d29b3e355cd0aae8
SHA1: 7bd9123b052dcf544136b9904d28b2e518a0d92d
Old 2012-11-18, 06:51
Visitor

Oh, i think i really did something wrong. Sorry.
I could visualize and edit the file inside the HEX, everything is fine.
But, i need your help one more time.
How to proceed to add more lines and texts inside the file? If i insert the translated text with HEX, i'll be restricted to the replacement of original text, and that will fuck up a little bit.
I try'd to add more lines using the notepad but it didn't work, it crashes the game.

There is a way to make the text more readable? If you notice, there is "" between every word. (I believe that's why i couldn't see the text last time, 'cause i was waiting a "normal" readable text)

Again, Thanks for the attention and patience. You're really helping me.