gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2010-12-05, 17:26
De Kus

Default Canvas2 Error 34-FFFE

I have installed and tried the 2 patchs I have found for this game from http://fandc.co.jp/support/update/ on which the exact error number is mentioned there though it seems to be intended for an addon stuff.
Since I had a similar problem with the opening movie (though I am pretty positiv that I installed all required codecs like indeo video and I can also find that whatever strange MS sound codec they seem to use), I tried to find other files he might not be able to render. Since the patch mentioned has 2 .mes files I even tried to zero size all *.mes files in der DAT folder which made no changes at all.

I also tried with and without the English translation, with and without the c2up102. I failed to install adv32up2, because it simply doesn't list my Game (though the DVD installer properly recognizes the installation and starts the game instead of the installer). I even tried without the DAT folder at all. The game seems to be pretty tollerant about messing around with the files, but not about whatever issue it has with my Windows.

I also tried to turn off all sounds, turn on Win95, Win98, WinVista compabitlity along with turning of the aero theme and running as administrator. I also tryed to copy the files from the DVD again, but also in vain.

The game crashs exactly at a scene after Mami's birthday party when scene switches back to "you" and the background is black meanwhile.

Btw. I can't even make a screenshot of the error message, as long the game is running. @_o

System Data:
Win7 Pro 64bit (current patches, ANSI locale is set to Japanese of course)
Core i3, ATI HD5750 (current catalyst)
game .exe is located to G:\Spiele\Canvas 2\C2_DVD

Does anyone have any idea what I could try else?

Last edited by De Kus; 2010-12-05 at 17:33.
Old 2011-01-06, 14:01
De Kus

Now I set up a WinXP in a VirtualBox and hoped I could pass that scene. It suprisngly installed and started well, but I still get that nasty error, only with the difference I can now take a screenshot of it. @_o
Now almost the complete system is diffrent. I also updated to translation 1.03. Guess I have to replay that path unless someone has an idea. :(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	advwin32 execute error.png
Views:	213
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	128  
Old 2011-01-06, 14:21
erengy

Can you upload your SAVEDATA folder somewhere? If it gives me the same error at the same line, I'll try to fix the problem by editing the scripts. If not, I can at least save it again after that line and send it back to you.
Old 2011-01-06, 14:53
De Kus

I uploaded it to http://www.file-upload.net/download-...VEDATA.7z.html (hope that hoster is fine, the actuall link is the small download in the center right below the file information @_o)

The nearest save is in slot6 (it's just in Japanese because I had used the untranslated game to save it ^-^), but from my experience the save is the same as the others. The crash for me is right after he hero talks to himself "Geeze. I completely forgot about Takeuchi. What am I doing!?".
Old 2011-01-06, 15:31
erengy

Well, it didn't crash for me. What comes after that line is a scene with snow falling. Snow effect is provided by a file called snow.fil that resides in DAT folder, which might be the cause of the crash. I included the file I have in case yours is somehow corrupted.

I saved the game to slot 7 after that line, but there's still snow effect on that one. If you get an error after loading it, try slot 8, where that filter is no longer in effect (I can't guarantee that effect won't be used later in game though). You can read the lines in between slots 7 and 8 from here:

Spoiler

You can download the saves from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ige3fblp233jbnc
Old 2011-01-07, 00:20
De Kus

Thank you very much. Since it seems I had exactly the same snow.fil, at least it had same size and date. Addionally they game is pretty picky about it's presents, meaning it didn't let me to remove it, replace it a Zero-File or with another .fil file. Seems to be some kind of DLL. I wonder why it crashs for me on 2 totally diffrent platforms like a physical Win7 and an WinXP in an emulated machine. @_o

Also thank you for proving the addional saves, but even save 8 loads before the snow scene for me. @_o

Addionally depressing is the fact that I seem to be the only one in the whole internet having that error, lol.

PS: using the graphic effect as hint I also tried various stuff like safe mode, disabled hardware accelleration and stuff with no results. :(

Last edited by De Kus; 2011-01-07 at 00:31. Reason: PS added
Old 2012-09-26, 04:47
Unregistered

Question Opening Problem

Hi, about the Canvas 2 Opening after talking with Kiri.
I got the same 34-FFFE error just ask Kiri was going to ask a question while the screen was black.

I tried reinstalling the 2.2gb, 700mb version and also tried to replace the opening.MPG in case it was corrupted.

I was wondering how do you fix it?

I hope I can get reply soon.

Thanks
Old 2012-10-12, 18:41
Unregistered

I am running Win 7 64 Bit and my game crashes as soon as the opening starts. :(