gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-08-10, 02:50
Regular

Mahoraba is a very good series. Got no fanservice or blood in it. Something that is good, but is rare these days. I can really only think of only one other anime that is similar or has the same feel but it got licenced awhile ago.
(BTW It's Ah!My Goddess TV)
Old 2005-08-10, 06:56
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by adun50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
Oh oh oh. Here's another good one. Honey and Clover (Hachimitsu to Clover).
i agree, I laugh so much when watching Honey & Clover. though I am surprised it is a 26 ep series, but its all good, more laughter to come.

Apparently, a lot of material was cut from the manga even so I don't think it's bad that it'll be 26 episodes.

Honey and Clover isn't just funny (the comic relief is placed excellently) but the whole story is somewhat bittersweet. In any case, I started watching it without any idea what it's going to be about (because some people seemed to really like it) and I turned out liking it too.
Old 2005-08-10, 07:09
Obsessive

Okay, I'm going to do it. I'm going to make a suggestion. Although it is licensed, it should be getting thinpak-ed soon (and anyway, I won't ask how you got it).

Angelic Layer.

The manga sucks.

The anime.... is beautiful.

I'll gladly debate anyone who disagrees about the anime :).

It's PG-13, family friendly, and supersweet.
Old 2005-08-10, 21:31
Obsessive

if we are going to talk about licended anime then I highly recommand "Chobits".

Nice story, and well constracted charecters, and the charecters had their own relationships among themselives (not simple binding all charecters to the main charecters).
Old 2005-08-11, 02:55
Local

Send a message via MSN to neo-kun

it cant be licenced, someone asked me to help them find anime for their internet TV which shows unlicenced anime
Old 2005-08-11, 18:28
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo-kun
it cant be licenced, someone asked me to help them find anime for their internet TV which shows unlicenced anime
am not sure... but if you are going to *broad cast* the anime.. then at the very least you will need the *Japanese* licence. Which mean (in this case) you will need to licence the anime from the japanese company... I think. (unless you wish to be sued, downloading anime is NOT the same as broadcasting it.... I think).

P.S. am ignorant on this subject, so feel free to ignore me.
Old 2005-08-12, 04:40
Ex-boss

Any copying of any copyrighted material without permission is illegal. Whether the material has been licensed in your country or not makes no difference; whether you are downloading or broadcasting makes no difference; whether you are selling it or doing it for free makes no difference. The likelihood of your being sued or prosecuted for it will fluctuate depending on the above factors, as will whether you're committing a criminal offence or merely a civil offence, but if you live in a country that respects international copyright law, it is never legal unless you have the permission of the copyright holder, period.

This thread can remain open for the purpose of recommending anime, but please don't discuss any details of unauthorised distribution. There's places like Animesuki for that.
Old 2005-08-12, 10:20
Iriliane

I personally quite enjoyed Fruits Basket despite the strangeness involved with the zodiac curse. It has been licensed and released by Funimation with 7 episodes per DVD. Which is, in my humble opinion, quite generous.

I also enjoyed Harukanaru Toki no Naka de(a reverse harem series similar to Fushigi Yugi). It has not been licensed or completely translated(legally or otherwise) to english so that may prove a problem to your enjoyment of it.
Old 2005-08-12, 14:48
Obsessive

Location: Trying not to get thrown out by Reverie like that Nazi in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.
Send a message via AIM to New Send a message via MSN to New Send a message via Yahoo to New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
There's places like Animesuki for that.
XD

Mamotte Shugogetten. Yamanobe= the best. And maybe Kaori too.

Full Metal Panic. Maho Sensei Negima. Love Hina... just get the blasted manga.

AIR. Kanon. When it eventually comes out (I'm sure it'll happen), Clannad.

GOKUJOU SEITOKAI!!!!!

Full Metal Alchemist... if you didn't read the manga. And vice versa.

And Evangelion.
Closed Thread