gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2011-01-01, 15:38
Fullmetal

Default Umineko Question

I read the first episode and liked it but it really left many questions unanswered. I was wondering if episodes 2-7 answered anything. I heard that with Higurashi, episodes 5 answered what happened in episode 1, episode 6 answered what happened in episode 2, etc. Is Umineko like that? Or has nothing really been answered yet?
I'm asking because I want to wait until some things have been resolved before I start reading again.
Old 2011-01-02, 09:26
Unregistered

no, it's pure crap.
it gets worse and worse with every episode, all EP1-4 is just a fiction. And then every episode is just a FICTION (and I mean fiction inside fiction). It was all a dream trope, basically.
Old 2011-01-02, 13:10
Unregistered

It's just your interpretation unless you read episode 8 because episodes 2-7 sure as hell don't say that sure there is such a theory but its just a theory, its just one interpretation. I read the parts which make you think that and I think you don't really undestend the mechanism which was at work there. What can be sure is that by ep 7 we:
know who is the mastermind
know how some of the deaths accured

to the first poster personally I would ask your question on the animesuki forums where translators of the game are frequently and where you can find people with nearly all posible opinions about the game existing within Umineko fandom.
Old 2011-01-02, 17:56
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no, it's pure crap.
it gets worse and worse with every episode, all EP1-4 is just a fiction. And then every episode is just a FICTION (and I mean fiction inside fiction). It was all a dream trope, basically.

Uh, the games clearly and explicitly say that they are fiction at the beginning of every episode. Perhaps that word means something other than what you think it means?

To answer the OP's question: there isn't any inherent association between episodes 1 and 5, 2 and 6, and so on. 1-4 collectively are the "question arcs" that develop the mystery of the events on Rokkenjima (each episode basically retells the story slightly differently and with different perspectives.) If you're really sharp, you might be able to start piecing things together from the additional clues, but the characters themselves don't start figuring too much out until later in the series. 5-8 collectively are the "answer arcs" that begin to unravel the mystery. 5 does not answer all of the questions raised in 1, though. The episodes are meant to be read in order (all question arcs first, then the answer arcs); you shouldn't try to interleave the question and answer arcs.

Last edited by Roto; 2011-01-02 at 18:07.
Old 2011-01-02, 23:49
Unregistered

Eps 5-7 do answer stuff. You just need to *gasp* actually use your brain to piece the answers together. And ignore the angry guy underneath your post. Umineko has gathered quite the hatedom recently from butthurt fags who were in it for the shiny magic fights and stuff (and/or wanted an Ever17-style ending revelation) who are now raging away because the game got too DEEP for them or something.

tl;dr start playing now, but be prepared to join the dots yourself.