gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2010-08-23, 01:49
Unregistered

Default Kira Kira ( Overdrive ) : Many problems about text editing and others

Hello everybody, I would like to translate in french the visual novel Kira Kira(overdrive), I have english ISO made by MangaGamer.
To work on it, I extract data and I obtain file like data01000.arc /data02000.arc /.... ( I use 'extractdata' to extract them ) but there is many problems.

1) My first problems is about scripts and text which are in data01000.arc, those scripts have no extension ( 'EncRecon' recognize them as Shift JIS ), I tried
first to open it with notepad but this is what i get:http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1228/blocnote.jpg
With notepad++:http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9476/notepad.jpg
then with an hexadecimal editor:http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2130/diteurhxa.jpg
I tried to change the text ( I also tried conversion, edition and reconversion ) and to recompile .arc with 'AnimED' but there is an other problem,
game don't run because .arc size has grows ( twiced or more ), i think the game check the file before starting ( game's engine is BGI "Buriko General Interpreter" )

( When I edit the file with an hexadecimal editor ( if this can work or not, tell me please ), an others problems could appears because script have many lines and we can't change the numbers of lines )

2) When i'll be able to edit the text, what can I do for é è à ç ? Would it be alright or should I do something ?

3) My 3rd problems is about compile, i can easily extract .arc but i can compile them with animED, is it a "miracle" program which can do it ? Or any others solutions ?

Thanks to read me and I hope you will be able to help.

( Sorry for my bad english, I'm french)
Old 2010-08-23, 02:26
dsp2003

I highly advise you to NOT touch BGI's binary script files at all - they are extremely hard to edit. More than that, the engine itself doesn't support French codepage properly and require some hacking\font editing effort.

As you've noticed, the engine refuse to accept repacked archives - they've worked with older builds of the engine though (I wrote the AnimED's packer routine especially for own long-time dropped Edelweiss project, which was on the same engine).

Nevertheless, you may try to put modified files into subdirectories and they will override the ones from archives.

As for BGI's script editing\conversion solution - you'd probably want to try this little kit written in PHP: http://ever17.narod.ru/bgi_script_tools_by_nik.7z (put extracted scripts into "raw" directory, then start decode.bat. Note: you must have PHP5 interpreter installed on your system).

No further technical support, sorry. :)

Last edited by dsp2003; 2010-08-23 at 02:32.
Old 2010-08-23, 03:56
Unregistered

Can you explain how this kit works please ? it's creating an empty 1.txt and nothing else happen.
Old 2010-08-23, 05:30
dsp2003

Okay, as I said before, you'll need CGI version of the PHP interpreter. You can either add path to php.exe into system's PATH directive, or place the full path to your php.exe into batch command file (decode.bat):

Code:
X:\your_path_to_php_interpreter\php.exe ups2.php > 1.txt
Note: 1.txt is a simple "debugging log".

Next, after you'll run the "decode.bat", go to "text" directory - if the decoding was successful, you'll find there files with dumped text strings.

When you'll finish editing them, run "code.bat" (don't forget to edit it in the first place, if needed), then go to "complied" directory - ready binary scripts will be waiting for you.

Note: above steps might not work, cause the toolkit was written for Edelweiss' scripts. No warranty provided, so use at your own risk.

Last edited by dsp2003; 2010-08-23 at 05:34.
Old 2010-08-23, 06:33
Unregistered

Thanks for this, I got the text string i can edit them and recompile them ( even if the format is not the same... ) but there is an other thing to do, directories to overide .arc files, in system.arc we found a launcher._bp, in it there is lines about exe, arc and others file in game directories, is it whith this files we have to work ? If right, how ?
Old 2010-08-24, 00:14
Unregistered

We somehow managed to do it for the text, we can now edit them and replace them in the game without problem ( even é è ç à are readable ), we just have to find a similar way to do it with picture... Have you any idea for this ?

( For script, we have extract system.arc and script's.arc in game directory )
Old 2010-08-24, 03:23
Regular

Can you please tell me what exactly you did to insert correctly the translated text into the game? It's been awhile since I firstly felt like trying and translating it from Japanese to Italian, but I couldn't understand what to do
Old 2010-08-24, 03:35
Unregistered

To edit text and be able to read it in game you have to ( this is ou way, may be there is an other ^^ ) :

download ExtractData ( http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/image...actDataEng.zip )
with this, exctract system.arc in the root game folder ( C:\program files\Kira Kira )
Extract Data01000.arc, there is file with no extension ( this is script ) but to edit them easily, use the dsp2003's kit ( don't forget to write the path of php.exe in the .bat file ), open the files in "text" folder with notepad or other text reader, save and recompil it.
Once you did it, take the file in "compilled" folder and put it in the game root folder ( erase the old files ) launch games and see.
Old 2010-08-25, 10:24
Regular

It doesn't work...
Are you saying to put the translated files directly into the folder called "C:\program files\Kira Kira"? To put them in "C:\program files\Kira Kira\data01000"? To put them into the folder "C:\program files\Kira Kira" inserted in a new data01000.arc archive?
I tried all these three solutions, but they don't work...
Can you please send me your "patch" (whatever your solution is)?
Old 2010-08-26, 13:20
Unregistered

Just put translated files ( files in "compile" after launch code.bat of course ) in c:\program file\kira kira, that's what we did and it works
Old 2010-08-29, 07:29
Regular

Ok, it worked. For the images do the same you do for the script (just put them in Kira Kira's folder), but remember to delete the *.bmp extension. It seems the game can read only extensionless files.
Anyways, I don't think it's a good idea releasing a patch made of more than 200 extensionless files avalaible in the game folder...

And I don't think it's a good idea releasing a translation made from Manga Gamer's one without their approval...

Last edited by arkady18; 2010-08-29 at 07:33.
Old 2010-08-29, 10:45
Unregistered

Yeah, I think it too about the patch but we're looking for it until we translate the game.