gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2011-11-23, 01:32
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeru View Post
Why not just release as is? why do you need to upload the scripts on a website? the program is still in need of more hacking?
...The first sentence literally says that Edger doesn't have the tools for the game, do you have a reading problem or something?
Old 2011-11-23, 09:13
Local

Send a message via AIM to Edger

Quote:
Why not just release as is? why do you need to upload the scripts on a website? the program is still in need of more hacking?
Like the person above me said, I don't have any of the tools since Erengy took care of it all. As far as hacking progress, there wasn't really much that I could see that still needed to be done. The main menu was translated, the backlog worked fine, and reinsertion of some of the scripts proved successful as well. I really don't think Erengy would disappear after all his efforts, but my reasoning was for if the worst case scenario happens.

Anyway, Zoom909 volunteered to edit so we'll see what happens.
Old 2011-11-23, 20:53
AKA

I think the lack of communication is the problem here. Ever since the forum option has been taken out from erengy's site there is really no easy way to communicate aside from sending emails.
To be honest I found it more productive when all the files was still on erengy's forum site. At least we edit and inquire very quickly and replies reach us in less then a day or so.
Old 2011-11-24, 20:52
erengy

I think what Aaeru meant is that there is no need for any program to be able to share the translated scripts as plain text, and yes, there isn't. The problem is that no one would be able to compile those files and release a patch without writing a new tool, although that's quite a simple task, considering you're going to have 61714 lines of translation ready at hand.

I'm still around though, no need to panic. The worst case scenario is that we release the patch with everything translated and checked, only without being edited.
Old 2011-12-06, 17:22
Unregistered

So what is the status on the editors now? I don't know what is involved in an editing task but I have a decent English (living in the State for 10 years now and currently a graduate student), a really rough Japanese (so I hope Japanese is not needed). I watched the anime so I have basic understanding of story. Edge's Canvas2 is still fresh on my mind so I think I'm familiar with his flow and wording.

My school will go into Winter recess in a week so I will have about a month and a half of free time that I can do whatever. So if you still need helps and think I'm qualified, I'll lend a hand. I really like August's stuffs and was pleasantly surprise to find there is one fully translated. There is only one other that I am aware of but it's probably one or two years away.
Old 2011-12-06, 23:36
Local

There really should only be 1-2 editors so we're good on editors now. I appreciate the offer though. No ETA, but progress is being made.
Old 2012-01-08, 04:37
Unregistered

Dead......
Old 2012-01-08, 20:18
Aaeru

Edger would you ever take a 2nd translator? im not volunteering im just wondering
Old 2012-01-09, 14:05
Local

Quote:
Edger would you ever take a 2nd translator? im not volunteering im just wondering
Probably not. A TLC maybe, but it creates more issues than it solves by having a second translator.
Old 2013-06-05, 16:34
Unregistered

So any updated on this, it's been a while. Please oh please release the curse on August tittles :(
Old 2013-06-06, 18:26
Regular

http://vntls.org/project/yoake-mae/

http://7nightstranslations.wordpress.com/ - VN reviews and stuff