gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-08-29, 12:54

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Default A Dash of BasiL

http://www.basil-soft.jp/sorechiru/
Just got around to watching the new demo movie for Cherry petals fall like teardrops Complete Version, and it looks pretty neat. Hopefully the game is as good as the demo movie makes it out to be... One thing that caught my ear was that the first song is structurally and timbrewise very similar to SHUFFLE's Mirage Lullaby and the second song they used totally sounded like Suika's Fragment... The first I can understand, due to Navel's history, but the second one would have made me spew my breakfast had I been eating at the time. XD
Old 2008-10-23, 19:34

The new OP movie came out and I took a look. Looks like they threw in some 3D and animation effects, although at parts there was massive aliasing when they decided to simply upsize a character's image instead of getting the higher resolution version...

Though, the more I look, the more it reminds me of SHUFFLE!. I wonder how much inspiration they took from Sorechiru when creating SHUFFLE...
Old 2009-04-02, 01:38

Due to circumstances, BasiL Office 2009 has been canceled. However, it looks like they've announced a new product, もぎたてバジル -commencement-, slated for a July 31st release. The price point of 6800 seems a bit low for an actual game, so is this just a fandisc or something?
Old 2009-04-02, 03:29
Posts way too much

I lost all faith in BasiL after Sorechiru's remake. Seems that the old spark is with Navel* nowadays after all. Bet you Mogitate turns out to be primarily by either 1) another no-name writer, or 2) the no-name writer that added the awful extra content to Sorechiru in the remake.

*俺たちに翼はない

Last edited by Asceai; 2009-04-02 at 03:32.