gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2008-04-06, 17:23
eternal

Default A few problems with Phantom of Inferno

First of all, passwords. I played up to the first point where the game supposedly gives you a password and asks you to continue, but for some reason no password came up. Skipping tracks on the DVD doesn't seem to work either.

Secondly, and most importantly, is it normal for the subs to just "disappear" sometimes? Sometimes a line or two might be missing, but for one of the scenes right after the first password point, a whole minute or two went by without any translation.
Old 2008-04-06, 18:55
Regular

Send a message via AIM to X-Calibar

What are you playing Phantom of Inferno on? If it's a DVD hardware player, try a different player... If it's on your computer, it might help to try a different software player. I ended up using WinDVD instead of PowerDVD to get past some spots.
Old 2008-04-06, 19:28
Unregistered

Actually never finished the game...just by pausing for a brief moment to read and suck up the atmosphere resulted in shear disappointment as the text/subtitle disappeared even after pausing the DVD. First time I had ever experienced the picture change a few seconds later after pausing a DVD movie! Ok this may not be a DVD movie but I'm sure it works under the same principle/mechanism, maybe it's just me and my DVD player?
Old 2008-04-06, 20:22
Unregistered

Use PowerDVD 4.0 and you won't have any problem with the subtitles. Besides it being very old it does its job fine. Strangely, newer versions of PowerDVD do have the problem as well as the other software players I tried...
Old 2008-04-07, 02:21
Regular

If you are playing this on a xbox, for some reason the subs, voices, and pics don't synch together. Try playing this on another DVD player.

I play it just fine and the password system works for me. I don't know the model for my dvd but the manufacture is Sony.
Old 2008-04-07, 07:53
Unregistered

Talking

buy the game, it'll be ok then.
Old 2008-04-07, 09:12
Local

Send a message via ICQ to Billhead Send a message via Yahoo to Billhead

As for the password issue, that would happen to me with WinDVD if I would pause it and close WinDVD, then come back at a later time and start from where I left off, the password screen would fade in and then fade out without showing a password or asking to continue.
Old 2008-04-08, 00:34
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
buy the game, it'll be ok then.
Yeah make sure it's a legal version of the game too. It's pretty cheap, only $15 at rightstuf. The game last more than 20 hrs so it's worth it.