gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-02-01, 22:26
Regular

We're back.
Old 2008-02-01, 22:42
Local

Send a message via ICQ to Billhead Send a message via Yahoo to Billhead

Allow me to be the first to say that you guys rock.

Last edited by Billhead; 2008-02-01 at 22:46.
Old 2008-02-01, 23:20
Obsessive

Yes, Gip, we know you're Still Alive.

No need to strip naked and scar us all with your nakedness :P
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2008-02-01, 23:23
Unregistered

We all want to see his e-p0n0s. Obviously.
Old 2008-02-02, 01:18
Posts way too much

Huh, so a translation of 'the first tale' after all! We'll look forward to it!

I'd offer to help but the quality of my translation work isn't high. All I can do is programming, and you folks are probably Musica experts by now anyway.

Last edited by Asceai; 2008-02-02 at 01:25.
Old 2008-02-03, 14:14
dorkatlarge

I was rather surprised to see the note on the ef project page which stated, "We are unable to circumvent the numerous copy-protection schemes for this title. Therefore, our current plan is to release a ~1.8 GB standalone. Yes, this goes against the ethics of virtually every other visual novel fansub group..."

Assuming this happens, it's certainly a different idea... especially since the game is a commercial release. I'll have to think about it for a while.
Old 2008-02-03, 16:58

Quote:
From NNL's ef Project Page
"Do not purchase ef - the first tale with the intent of applying a patch to it. We are unable to circumvent the numerous copy-protection schemes for this title. Therefore, our current plan is to release a ~1.8 GB standalone. Yes, this goes against the ethics of virtually every other visual novel fansub group. However, this project is not a joint effort with insani, and we are free to do whatever we please."
Actually, this is what made me think that the whole translation was some kind of joke or attempt at trolling (much like the Leaf Translation Group's To Heart 2 patch).

Considering all the security measures they took last time to make sure everybody who got the Wind -a breath of heart- patch had the game (the "Supah Hamonika Test" for Build A, at least), it's reason enough for me not to get to excited about this project until they actually release something.

But hey, that's just me. I'm suspicious by nature. I hope they'll prove me wrong soon enough. =)

Last edited by MaccaSvenne; 2008-02-03 at 17:01.
Old 2008-02-03, 18:21
Regular

We have better things to do with our spare time than to fool retards like you. The dev page will be updated almost daily. In fact, we're going out of our way to update the dev page, and only one other project (Clannad) can give you a real-time status.

Comparing us to the TH2 project is laughable at best. They didn't update, and we have a track record of over forty releases. Plus, Moogy is putting his rep on the line by working with us, and his blog does have a considerable amount of traffic.

But hey, believe whatever you want.

Assuming this happens, it's certainly a different idea...
How is it any different than animesuki.com? Oh, right, it isn't.

Last edited by GipFace; 2008-02-03 at 18:57.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:44
Posts way too much

I think assuming a joke project from a group with a pretty damn outstanding track record is fractally wrong at best and trolling at worst, anyway. I don't think it's a joke. I will, in fact, be quite surprised if it turns out to be a joke.
Old 2008-02-03, 21:59
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
How is it any different than animesuki.com? Oh, right, it isn't.
You can't seriously believe that a complete distribution of a commercial video game falls under the same fuzzy legal logic that has so far protected the re-distributing of broadcast Japanese TV shows.

If you want to release it anyways, go ahead; just refrain from trying to justify yourselves with the "But they're doing it!" line.

Last edited by l|ammamama; 2008-02-03 at 22:03.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:59
Obsessive

Welcome back, Gipface XD
Old 2008-02-04, 00:19
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by l|ammamama View Post
You can't seriously believe that a complete distribution of a commercial video game falls under the same fuzzy legal logic that has so far protected the re-distributing of broadcast Japanese TV shows.
Sorry, how exactly is it 'fuzzy legal logic'? IANAL, but I've never been under the impression that there's any sort of grey area whatsoever.

That said, minori is a lot more likely to go after this, especially with the effort they put into protecting the game from piracy in the first place.

Last edited by Asceai; 2008-02-04 at 00:22.
Old 2008-02-04, 00:36
Obsessive

LOL DRAMA

I think Gip just wants to streak naked on the Internets.

Let's all laugh at the fact he has no clothes on and move on.
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2008-02-04, 07:25
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Sorry, how exactly is it 'fuzzy legal logic'? IANAL, but I've never been under the impression that there's any sort of grey area whatsoever.
It is generally accepted that the distribution of TV shows over the internet is illegal. The Japanese text scrolling by along the bottom of the screen near the beginning of most anime actually states that explicitly.

The fuzzy logic comes in when people assert that by distributing these programs to an international audience, they are in fact helping to promote anime, and thereby helping the companies themselves. The fact that anime production companies have not pursued legal action against websites such as animesuki.com which only deal with anime not available in the US is evidence that there is some validity to this view.

However, while this logic provides reasonable grounds to re-distribute anime (which is often available "for free" on network TV in Japan) over the internet, releasing a full version of a translated piece of consumer software is another issue entirely. At least, that's my opinion. They obviously see it differently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNL website
Few digital video fansubbers demand that people purchase R2 DVDs. Therefore, we have come to the conclusion that this standard should not be any different for game fansubs. Any argument otherwise would be contradictory and selfish.
I guess I'm just being contradictory and selfish, though ;-_-
Old 2008-02-04, 10:57
Obsessive

We're still talking about this?

Must be a really slow day today.

Let's move on.