gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-07-31, 06:18
Unregistered

No, I agree with him completely. Just this morning, my computer crashed (but it got fixed).

Now, I've lost 3 expensive games because they wouldn't let me install it again because I bought them over the Internet and just kept the original on my 4 GB jumpdrive as a back-up.

Just a thought.
Old 2007-07-31, 14:57
Unregistered

actually... activation may work... the way around this problem of having to reinstall the os killing the activation is to have an online login account that will let you manage which computer you want to have it activated on... for example alcohol 120% does this. You can install it on a computer then login to change the activation to a new computer while disabling the old computer from having access.
Old 2007-07-31, 16:54
Unregistered

Protection on games is a waste of time. No matter what kind of protection they go through the trouble of making, there is always a way to break through it. It's much less of a reason to buy a game requiring online activation or whatever, when you can download it already cracked. I think most people already mentioned was I was thinking, like if you format your computer, lose the serial number or the company goes bankrupt, you're screwed.

That's why I like Hirameki's games, you install the game, and that's it! I already bought a real copy of Ever 17 and Hourglass of Summer from them last summer when they had their 2 for 1 deal, and I totally loved them, especially Ever 17! Although it's a shame that Hirameki "disappeared" so suddenly without warning. I hear many rumors about their long absence, stuff like: They're in serious financial trouble, they might go bankupt like KID, they have no more new games announced, they're trying to liscence Never 7 and Remember 11 (I hope that's the real reason) but there's no way I can know for sure since I sent them numerous emails and I never got a reply...

And on top of that, some smartass hacker used Hirameki's absence as an opportunity to hack and destroy their forum, and now he hacked their online store and posted like 20000 "reviews" with bittorent links to download the games for free. WTF is going on with Hirameki?!
Old 2007-07-31, 18:12
Unregistered

it's really a shame... I spent a good 30 minutes at the otacon chatting with them about their games and situation... most of which has already been discussed here. They are really great people. I can only hope they are able to work something out and get the rest of the infinity series.
Old 2007-07-31, 20:45
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

*shrug*
Yeah, it might be bad, but it would still slow down piracy. (only firing up ideas) But as stated, 3d straight out adult games do the same, and I do know it takes some work to actually find a way on the game.

But yes, I do hope they get back on their feet. They are truely good people, and it is a shame to see such trashed as so.
Old 2007-07-31, 22:18
Local

Send a message via ICQ to Billhead Send a message via Yahoo to Billhead

Since this is on the issue of activation, I wanted to point out that Hirameki doesn't act like the typical evil company when it comes to the license.
I didn't realize you could only activate Piece of Wonder once, so when I emailed Hirameki about it explaining that I wanted to install it on my laptop, they said I would have to contact Protexis because they were the ones handling the downloadable version.
The person at Hirameki told me to let them know how to goes, and if Protexis doesn't help me to let them know and they will send me out a CD version.
Old 2007-08-01, 10:17
Zalis116

Excellent news everone! I was worried about Hirameki's future with all the problems they had (KID going bankrupt, pirated games on the internet, their forum and site getting hacked, their very long absence, etc.) But check this out:

Quote:
Perhaps more interesting news from AX is the fact that Hirameki ain’t dead. In fact, they’re coming back with, get this, licenses of Remember11 and Never7. There’s no press release for this information, but anyone who met with their reps can back it up. (Thanks to Minagi for the news.)

Apparently Hirameki was very close to getting Remember11 and Never7 licensed when KID went bankrupt. Now they’re in negotiations with Cyberfront, the company that acquired KID. Apparently said negotiations are going very well!

This is some great news to hear, as Remember11 in particular looks like a really stellar title and Ever17 is easily the best visual novel released in America.
http://www.tsukuru.info/b/2007/06/29...meki-not-dead/

Quote:
Yes, Hirameki International is not dead, but is getting Remember11 and Never7 for release in English :3
http://drmchsr0.wordpress.com/2007/0...-of-good-news/
Old 2007-08-02, 08:20
Unregistered

Those are indeed excellent news. I would be one of the first to buy them, also it would be awesome if the could get their hands on GIGA games I would love to play Dual Savior in English with H or without H I don't really care, but I would believe the license for it would cost an both arms and legs if you know what I mean.
Old 2007-08-02, 13:50
3dB

That would be excellent if Hirameki got hold of those two titles. I have been wanting to play them both since I finished Ever 17.

Hirameki is a great company. When I purchased Ever 17 from them, I wound up getting copy that had a poorly printed third disc. I called up Hirameki expecting the standard lifeless replacement protocol. The person who answered the phone was very nice, and said he'd see about getting me a replacement right away. Not even an hour later he sent me an email saying he'd just sent out a replacement third disc. It really surprised me. I'd called pretty late and I didn't expect anything to happen at least until the next day. I got it through the mail in no time at all, and couldn't be happier. I already wanted to support them for their efforts to bring visual novels overseas, but knowing they are good people makes me want to see them succeed even more.
Old 2007-08-02, 16:33
Hugmeir

Oh god. That's the best news I've heard in months. Hell, I registered here only to thank whoever reported the info.
Infinite loevs. Moreso towards Hirameki.
Old 2007-08-02, 18:00
Regular

I'm not sure it's time to celebrate yet. Aldo, the hirameki rep I spoke to at Otakon, said that they were trying to license R11 and N7, but it didn't seem like the deal had been made yet. (Largely because of the problems Kid is going through.)
Old 2007-08-02, 19:30
Narumi

I also asked them about 12Riven at AX, and they said they'd look into that as well. Of course, it'd have to be completed first, but it'd be nice to hope for a localization not to long from a future Japan release date...

And since it has the same art and scenario writer as E17, I'm more impartial towards it. :P
Old 2007-08-03, 22:28
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyTom View Post
I'm not sure it's time to celebrate yet. Aldo, the hirameki rep I spoke to at Otakon, said that they were trying to license R11 and N7, but it didn't seem like the deal had been made yet. (Largely because of the problems Kid is going through.)
what problems? KID died and cyberfront bought out their business and decided to continue the development of 12riven

edit: there is no more KID, just cyberfront afaik..either that or when cyberfront bought out KID, they decided to maintain the KID brand name as a subsidiary of cyberfront
Old 2007-08-03, 23:20
Local

Quote:
what problems?
Regarding Hirameki, any problem probably stems from the delay in negotiations following KID's bankruptcy (setting them back by several months).

Even if they were to license Never7 and Remember11 today, there'd still be a long gap between now and the eventual releases. Meanwhile, Hirameki has to continue paying employees even though there's little revenue flowing in (no new releases coming up).

This situation might be fine if Hirameki's back library were selling well (i.e. continued sales of Ever17, Yo-Jin-Bo, and Piece of Wonder during the coming months). However, that isn't the case, so it might be an uphill battle to survive the year.

Quote:
edit: there is no more KID, just cyberfront afaik..either that or when cyberfront bought out KID, they decided to maintain the KID brand name as a subsidiary of cyberfront
Pretty much. KID is history, both as a corporate entity and a development studio. Cyberfront now owns the brand and intellectual properties (so no, KID isn't even a subsidiary - just a name).

Currently, development is outsourced to external development teams, including one studio staffed by a dozen or so ex-KID employees (basically the Memories Off #5 Encore staff who remained with the company until the end).
Old 2007-08-10, 20:36
Obsessive

Anime Damasii lives again!

http://community.hirameki-int.com/

They missed one spot cleaning it up, but overall the spam is gone!

This means they're not totally dead then. ^_^