gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-01-24, 10:28
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
Now, now, be fair: The characters haven't taken multiple episodes to power up their Super Unstoppable Powerful Attack.
Only because they're not following the game script word for word...

Quote:
And none of the characters look like a crude sketch of a body part, either.
Bayl orpnhfr gurl'er abg qbvat Urnira'f Srry... :P
Old 2006-01-27, 20:19
Obsessive

Episode Four Highlight:

"Fear the wrath of my insignificant balls of black magic!" *pap pap pap*
-Rin
Old 2006-01-27, 23:06

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

More Episode 4 Highlight:

Enemies... lots of them....
Old 2006-01-28, 16:40
Ex-boss

Episode 4 Lowlights:

Sudden drop in animation quality after expensive fight scene.
Also, Mozart. It's never a good sign when a show falls back on classical music instead of using an original score.*

Methinks their budget may not have been quite as high as they'd have liked.

* Okay, I lie... 花男 was great even with its heavy reliance on Mahler and Albinoni. But even so.
Old 2006-01-28, 18:01
Obsessive

Haha, there were actually some times during the episode when I thought; "Man, some high quality still CGs would sure be nice right about now."
Old 2006-01-29, 09:17
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by l|ammamama
Haha, there were actually some times during the episode when I thought; "Man, some high quality still CGs would sure be nice right about now."
oh yea... especialy when he saw her in his "hideout".... yea a nice quality CG they just zoomed in on woulda been nice.

And it seems obvious they're following Fate now... *goes to cry and find solace in the 6" Sakura PVC figure...*
Old 2006-01-31, 12:38
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu
And it seems obvious they're following Fate now... *goes to cry and find solace in the 6" Sakura PVC figure...*
Not quite so obvious as it did one episode ago, actually. Didn't you spot what looks awfully like a scene from UBW in the next-episode preview? And wasn't that scene with Rin and Sakura, well, kind of promising...? And it looks like Caster's getting a bigger role than she does in Fate...

...in other words, it might not be too late to hope for a few bits mixed in from other scenarios, at the very least.
Old 2006-01-31, 14:55
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
...in other words, it might not be too late to hope for a few bits mixed in from other scenarios, at the very least.
Yea, but HF is so contrary to Fate, that there isn't much from that scenario they could actually fit in. Certainly not the main points of it anyways?
Old 2006-02-01, 06:00
Ex-boss

Not in terms of events, maybe. I'm sure they could weave a few of the less controversial plot points in.

Still, I guess we'll find out next episode. If they really do animate that particular after-school event, it'll be clear enough they're doing a mélange.
Old 2006-02-01, 15:30
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Donut Send a message via MSN to Donut

Well it mustn't have been the budget to be the deciding factor if the quality of the CG went down. It could have been well planned. To start off with some nice graphic to attrac people to watch and then blow it off with an amazing figth scene. Then lower the quality.

I think this happens in many animee's such as Gundam Seed, Naruto. They are never the same as they started out to be unfortunately.
Old 2006-02-04, 12:03
Ex-boss

Episode 5 high point: セイバーの浴衣姿. Comedy action from Fuji-nee and Rin also does wonders for the series.

The ominous shots of you-know-who* didn't really work for me, though... and the grainy flashback was just clumsy. (Yes, we saw that interlude a few minutes ago, we do remember her foolish vow...)

Interesting that the animation quality seems to be back up. Maybe last time really was a blip...

Also, it is looking like they're basically doing a blend of Fate and UBW. Which is fine by me... UBW is my favourite scenario anyway. :)
The blend makes things kind of interesting, too... juvpu jnl jvyy gurl tb nsgre Eva naq Fuvebh unir grnzrq hc nsgre gur svtug if. Evqre? Urer'f ubcvat sbe gur yhapu qngr sebz HOJ... ;)
Edit: looking at the previews again, there's a bit near the end that's pretty clearly Fuvawv'f bssre bs na nyyvnapr pbzvat ng uvf ubhfr, juvpu cerggl fgebatyl fhttrfgf jr'er tbvat evtug onpx vagb Sngr nsgre guvf HOJ frdhrapr. Fb ubcrshyyl Oybbq Sbeg Naqebzrqn jvyy or qbar nf va Sngr gbb.

* If you've played the game. And probably even if you haven't, since sadly the identities of the characters are pretty much general knowledge by now...
Old 2006-02-04, 14:57
Obsessive

Episode 5 is probably favorite so far - plenty of plot, comedy, and character development, with a little action thrown in for good measure. Rin's magical black-ball hand pistol was slightly more effective this episode, too ^^

Concerning the animation quality, unlike the end of episode 4 it wasn't an issue. My woefully uneducated guess is that they used up too much of the money allocated for that episode with the fighting at the beginning, and just had to manage with cheap animation towards the end. With any luck it won't have any bearing on the rest of the series.
Old 2006-02-04, 20:24
Iriliane

Querry from a non-game player here. What exactly are Fate, HF, and UBW?
Old 2006-02-04, 20:35
Obsessive

Its the names of the three main "paths" that the game follows. I'm not sure of the order that you play through them in, but so far as I know (not having played more then the demo) Fate mainly concerns Saber and Shiro, while HF (Heaven's Feel) and UBW (Unlimited Blade Works) focus on other characters.

From what I've heard each of the story paths play out very differently, and the Anime is apparently a medly of the two most popular paths.

Haha and sorry.. but I just keep chuckling every time I think of a 'yukata sugata'
Old 2006-02-04, 20:57
inuyasha9854

Hey, what's wrong with a little bit of yukata here and there?