gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-12-30, 12:58
Regular

Quote:
Off topic, but does anyone else have a problem with Hirameki's DVDs when trying to play on a computer?
I only get subtitles for the first line of dialog, and then that line stays there.
I can only get their subtitles to work on powerdvd for pc and my ps2 (my mac and xbox are out of the question do to that freeze problem.[/quote]
Old 2005-12-31, 07:52
kouryuu

I haven't had any problem with their DVDs yet...

As for the yuri question, yea thats a little odd. i mean hell, I wouldn't mind playing a yuri from with you as a female lead. Woudln't mind it at all...
<_<

and nothing wrong with given them a yaoi. i think the US may have more yaoi fangirls than japan does...
Old 2005-12-31, 12:59
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
Anywho, does anyone else find the Females Only question kinda.... odd?
Shouldn't guys have a right to vote on yuri/yaoi?
Perhaps they feel they already know males' opinions on it, and want to see how such games would do with a female audience as well.
Old 2005-12-31, 14:32
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu
and nothing wrong with given them a yaoi. i think the US may have more yaoi fangirls than japan does...
If they clearly label it as such with no ambiguity, they can yaoi it up until the cows come home for all I care, just as long as I know to stay away at first glance.
Old 2005-12-31, 14:59
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu
If they clearly label it as such with no ambiguity, they can yaoi it up until the cows come home for all I care, just as long as I know to stay away at first glance.
Interestingly, there was a similar debacle a few years back, when a company released a game featuring a heroine who, as many gamers discovered to their dismay when the H-scenes began unfolding, was actually male. Suffice to say, there was a significant backlash and much venting =P
Old 2005-12-31, 15:13
Addicted

I just don't know how many times I've idly picked up a manga in a comic shop and thought, "Hmm, that's an odd looking girl... oh wait, it's a guy. Stupid shoujo chara designs, they all look female anyways so it might as well be yuri!"
Old 2006-01-03, 09:58
kouryuu

@ GSL:
haha aint that the truth. Though I've noticed its also minorly characteristic of Korean works as well.

... look at Magna Carta... i swear the game is nothing but bish. 90% of which look like women without breasts. seriuosly.... some of the men in that game are more attractive than the women... O.o

take Azael.... he's supposed to be guy... but he definately and distinctly has femining body curves... his hips are wider than his chest... i swear. short haired girl there. not a guy at all....
Old 2006-01-08, 20:22
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Donut Send a message via MSN to Donut

Yaoi, Yuri maniacs. Well that's actually probably true about the girls part. 1/2 of all the girls I know into anime/manga and other stuff, loves Yaoi, Yuri. Some of them probably now wish they had a pen*s to have fun with.

So Indeed, Hirameki would probably benefit from that question. If most of the girls like Yaoi, it will probably sell, weird enough :P
Old 2006-01-09, 11:30
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut
Some of them probably now wish they had a pen*s to have fun with.

.... *shudder*... thanks donut... you just brought back memories of a site i accidentally stumbled onto that i tried very hard to forget seeing.....

"ZOMG HAWT!!! *CREAMS PANTIES* WISH I HAD A PENIS SO I COULD BE GAY TOO!"

*cringe... shudder* .... now i need to go find something to clean out my mind again....
Old 2006-01-09, 15:00
rodan

O.o... aaaaanyway...

VLC seems to play the DVD's sorta correctly, but the Start menu doesn't show the choices correctly, and the roll-over effects don't work, but the subtitles keep up with the voice.
Old 2006-01-11, 10:22

Hirameki's AOYAMA has provided a company profile and responded to the general clamoring for more major games:

http://community.hirameki-int.com/mo...php?blog_id=18
Old 2006-01-11, 13:37
rodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOYAMA
(Personally, I'm really hoping that we get to do A*r.)
:O... could he possibly mean...
Old 2006-01-11, 14:05
Ex-boss

I think he probably does. ;)

There's no way for us to know how likely it is, but Ever17 does seem to be being pretty well received; they may well be in with a chance of blagging other big-name titles...
Old 2006-01-11, 15:54
Addicted

It's tough not to do that thing where I start breathing really fast and then pass out.

Sure, it's no guarantee that there will even be an English-language version of Air, but hell - it at least means someone with the company is interested in looking into trying to get one released.

It just gives me warm fuzzies inside.

EDIT: Weird. Anyone else notice that at the bottom of that feature, there's a link back to this thread?
Old 2006-01-11, 16:24
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSL
Weird. Anyone else notice that at the bottom of that feature, there's a link back to this thread?
Yeah, funny, that. I didn't know trackback worked for phpBB. Maybe they have a way to submit trackbacks manually, or something? :/