gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-10-15, 15:56
Unregistered

Thanks for the translation. There are several minor bugs and editing issues, but it's a commendable job nonetheless.

As for the game, it's surprisingly decent so far. Can't say I expected much (character games are hardly the most compelling things out there. Couple that with an anachronistic dinosaur like F&C, and it's hard to be optimistic), but the dialogue is pretty charming.
Old 2010-10-15, 17:40
michelous45

i am having problems with the untranslated part of the kana route
were she is talking with Shie
which one of the 3 choices am i supposed to make
Old 2010-10-15, 19:28
Local

Send a message via AIM to Edger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I think he meant he got 2 problems

both mine and that missing scripts
Oh, I see now. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

I looked into this whole voice changing problem, and I've found found a fix. First off, there was a typo in the script. During your first encounter with Mami, "Kamikura-sensei" wasn't supposed to be in the text. I have no idea how that slipped by, and I apologize for that.

Anyway, to fix it all you have to do is to set the name to 上倉 浩樹 exactly. I've tested this myself, and it works. I also found out that it defaults back to whatever name you put in last, and apparently if you hit enter a few times, it does indeed change to "Kamikura Hiroki". Unfortunately if you leave it in romanji, the voice files change over as if you've changed the name entirely.

You can test this again by starting a new game, doing the above, and then skipping to when you first meet Mami (Day 2). It'll change CG's once, switch back to the hallway background, and then change CG's again. She'll say the line "Kamikura Hiroki-sensei!" and it should voice the full line, otherwise she'll just say "Sensei!".

Quote:
Thanks for the translation. There are several minor bugs and editing issues, but it's a commendable job nonetheless.
I honestly thought there would be less typo's than this, but it looks like with something of size, it's impossible to get it perfect the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelous45
i am having problems with the untranslated part of the kana route
were she is talking with Shie
which one of the 3 choices am i supposed to make
I do believe you're still using patch 1.0. Check the first post of this thread again and get the updated version.

------------

Here's Patch 1.02

This fixes a few typos that have been reported in this thread, and a few untranslated lines that I didn't catch.
Old 2010-10-15, 23:00
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Couple that with an anachronistic dinosaur like F&C, and it's hard to be optimistic), but the dialogue is pretty charming.
Canvas2 really was the last good thing 'new age' F&C put out. Everything since has pretty much been a disaster.
Old 2010-10-16, 02:04
wuhugm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edger View Post
Oh, I see now. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

I looked into this whole voice changing problem, and I've found found a fix. First off, there was a typo in the script. During your first encounter with Mami, "Kamikura-sensei" wasn't supposed to be in the text. I have no idea how that slipped by, and I apologize for that.

Anyway, to fix it all you have to do is to set the name to 上倉 浩樹 exactly. I've tested this myself, and it works. I also found out that it defaults back to whatever name you put in last, and apparently if you hit enter a few times, it does indeed change to "Kamikura Hiroki". Unfortunately if you leave it in romanji, the voice files change over as if you've changed the name entirely.

You can test this again by starting a new game, doing the above, and then skipping to when you first meet Mami (Day 2). It'll change CG's once, switch back to the hallway background, and then change CG's again. She'll say the line "Kamikura Hiroki-sensei!" and it should voice the full line, otherwise she'll just say "Sensei!".
You're right pal :D thank u xixixixixixixi

Now, Kamikura Hiroki is voiced I can play again :)

So, the thing to do is to change the name to kanji, start the game, BUT u need to restart a new game again so the default name revert to the name from the last game, and voila! Kamikura Hiroki-sensei daisuki!!! :D
Old 2010-10-16, 08:16
relooped

how do i change the name if i cant type or paste anything in the name field
Old 2010-10-16, 10:33
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by relooped View Post
how do i change the name if i cant type or paste anything in the name field
You pretty much have to switch over to a Japanese keyboard and type it in that way. It's not that you can't type anything in, but rather you can't type in English characters.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:40
Unregistered

Quote:
You pretty much have to switch over to a Japanese keyboard and type it in that way. It's not that you can't type anything in, but rather you can't type in English characters.
Thank you. I just had this problem and thought my computer was weird.
Helped me a lot ;D (Kinda funny that I came here just 4 minutes after the question was answered xD)
Old 2010-10-16, 11:14
Darlat

Quote:
Kiri's introduction scene is still messed up though, they still only say "sensei" and not the full "Kamikura-sensei".
Old 2010-10-16, 11:21
Darlay

And a lot of other scenes too.
Old 2010-10-16, 11:32
relooped

what keys must be pressed to get " 上倉 浩樹 "
Old 2010-10-16, 11:40
relooped

Quote:
Originally Posted by relooped View Post
what keys must be pressed to get " 上倉 浩樹 "
never ming a litle bit googelin and i got it.
Old 2010-10-16, 12:03
Local

After I got all the ends, I see the "Congratulations! Now get all ending. Thanks you for playing" Does all ending mean that there is a special ending I haven't gotten? Since all ending is not plural I assume that it's a different one?
Old 2010-10-16, 12:46
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlat View Post
Kiri's introduction scene is still messed up though, they still only say "sensei" and not the full "Kamikura-sensei".
You're right. I'm not sure if the cause is because the default name got changed, or because of the patch. Well, nobody wants to hear the vice principal say "Kamikura-sensei" anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimoto View Post
After I got all the ends, I see the "Congratulations! Now get all ending. Thanks you for playing" Does all ending mean that there is a special ending I haven't gotten? Since all ending is not plural I assume that it's a different one?
No extra endings as far as I know. I did find the Engrish to be funny though.
Old 2010-10-16, 17:21
Azathoth

Currently playing the game and writing some typos while I'm at it.
So here begins my list:

- "Thanks in advanced", the scene right before 12th December.

- "Wondering around the hallways", right after the first choice on 12th December.

- "It's time to wonder around", the same line as the previous typo.

- There's an untranslated line right before Elis does her order at the coffee shop at 13th December.

- "But I haven't the slightest of what they're talking about". Same scene as the previous note. (Should be "slightest idea").

- "There's nothing interesting even if I wonder aimlessly", An early scene right after the talk about an artist visiting on a Wednesday on 15th December.

- "Actually, do want to take that lesson that much?", while talking to Elis right after the last note. I assume you wanted to say "Do you want to..."

- "I want to take if I could", same conversation as last. I assume it should be "I want to take it if I could".

- "Even if tell me", the scene after last. "Even if you tell me" I assume.

- "Christmas with a girl friend", same conversation.

- "One or two girl friends". Same conversation, right after the choice.

- Later that day, when the club members have gone home there's a conversation with Elis. There's a line in there by Elis that has sound, but no text in the box. The box is empty.

- "Back then for me sake", same scene, right after Elis have had like 20 lines in a row.

- "My feelings won't change in exchange", first scene on 16th December. the "in exchange" part is unnecessary.

- "I didn't enough sleep for some reason", first scene on 17th December. You probably mixed "I didn't get enough sleep for some reason" and "I didn't sleep enough for some reason".

- "your guy's (something, I forgot it, but I think it was 'Your guy's drawings')", when Yanagi revealed the secret (trying to avoid spoilers as much as I can) on 17th December. I believe it should be you instead of your

- "person you ove", a scene when Elis rejects someone on 18th December.

- On 20th December, when you chose the option to stay for club you'll go outside. And right after being called irresponsible by Elis there's a blank box again. This time it's something that the protagonist says. So I can't even guess what it's about by sound.

And well, this concludes my report for today. I will continue tomorrow.
I might have missed a few typos towards the end, because I was pretty sleepy then. And I didn't really think of doing this before day 12 (As you may notice).

If I keep this up, I might be able to go through the game on all the routes I'm interested in (Which is 3 or 4 I believe) in a couple of days. Maybe a week, depending on how much homework I get. I hope I was useful.

But you've done a really good job for a one-man project, and I like the font ;D
Reminds me of Sengoku Rance and Daibanchou which are both great vn's.

By the way, are there anyone else who fell in love with the accent Fujinami Tomoko has?
The girl whose appearance is almost falling down the stairs.