gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-12-19, 23:32
Unregistered

Default Purchasing visual novels from overseas

There are many visual novels with downloadable versions. They're available on many sites, but it looks like they all require you to be a member in order to make the purchase. When I try to register, it seems that you have to be a Japan resident to complete the process? It demands that you have a Japanese address and phone number, etc.

Is it possible for people from overseas to make purchases? Maybe I'm just not going to the right sites. Any help will be great, ta.
Old 2009-12-19, 23:41
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

edit: oops, misread
Old 2009-12-20, 00:29
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are many visual novels with downloadable versions. They're available on many sites, but it looks like they all require you to be a member in order to make the purchase. When I try to register, it seems that you have to be a Japan resident to complete the process? It demands that you have a Japanese address and phone number, etc.

Is it possible for people from overseas to make purchases? Maybe I'm just not going to the right sites. Any help will be great, ta.
From what I've seen, people use a fake address, which is illegal.
Old 2009-12-20, 01:11
Unregistered

You can purchase from DD-STYLE, dlsite, Gyutto and Melonbooks (as well as a number of other sites) without needing to input a Japanese address.
Old 2009-12-20, 01:31
Unregistered

Thanks for your responses. The title I'm looking for is this:

http://moon2000.co.jp/tomato/musya/index.html

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the mentioned sites have it for sale. Any other suggestions?
Old 2009-12-20, 03:04
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for your responses. The title I'm looking for is this:

http://moon2000.co.jp/tomato/musya/index.html

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the mentioned sites have it for sale. Any other suggestions?
It's on Gyutto.
Old 2009-12-20, 16:49
Unregistered

Quote:

Some sites let you, some don't. It is, in fact, trivial to stop you from buying their stuff if you aren't a resident, so faking an address won't help you; they can just look at your credit card details!

Sites like DMM and Digiket do not allow non-Japanese to buy.

Sites like dlsite, melonbooks (note: this only applies to the DL sales, don't try to mail order anything), gyut.to, dl-style and many others DO allow overseas purchases, and I personally have bought from all of these so I know you can do it.
Old 2009-12-21, 05:19
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnissity View Post
From what I've seen, people use a fake address, which is illegal.
I doubt it's illegal. It might be against company's policy and they can ban you, but hardly against law.
Old 2010-01-06, 04:11
Visitor

Gyutto? haven't heard of them before so i just wanted to ask a question about them.
Do they ship out of japan? i did try looking it up but i can't find shipping details on there site, so i just though i ask...

About this thread tho,
im not to sure about downloading it, however if you have the money and what to buy it, these is always erogeshop, which does have the game you where asking about on there site. the names Himemusha R by Tomato.
Old 2010-01-06, 04:59
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radister View Post
Gyutto? haven't heard of them before so i just wanted to ask a question about them.
Do they ship out of japan? i did try looking it up but i can't find shipping details on there site, so i just though i ask...
That's download sales - you pay the money and you download the game. Gyut.to have no problem with your foreign credit card (although apparently some people have had problems with it since their redesign). Works for me just fine though.