gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2009-12-19, 23:32
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Purchasing visual novels from overseas

There are many visual novels with downloadable versions. They're available on many sites, but it looks like they all require you to be a member in order to make the purchase. When I try to register, it seems that you have to be a Japan resident to complete the process? It demands that you have a Japanese address and phone number, etc.

Is it possible for people from overseas to make purchases? Maybe I'm just not going to the right sites. Any help will be great, ta.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2009-12-19, 23:41
Moogy's Avatar
Moogy Moogy is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: #tlwiki@irc.rizon.net
Posts: 430
Send a message via AIM to Moogy
Default

edit: oops, misread
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2009-12-20, 00:29
swiftnissity swiftnissity is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are many visual novels with downloadable versions. They're available on many sites, but it looks like they all require you to be a member in order to make the purchase. When I try to register, it seems that you have to be a Japan resident to complete the process? It demands that you have a Japanese address and phone number, etc.

Is it possible for people from overseas to make purchases? Maybe I'm just not going to the right sites. Any help will be great, ta.
From what I've seen, people use a fake address, which is illegal.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2009-12-20, 01:11
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You can purchase from DD-STYLE, dlsite, Gyutto and Melonbooks (as well as a number of other sites) without needing to input a Japanese address.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2009-12-20, 01:31
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for your responses. The title I'm looking for is this:

http://moon2000.co.jp/tomato/musya/index.html

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the mentioned sites have it for sale. Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2009-12-20, 03:04
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your responses. The title I'm looking for is this:

http://moon2000.co.jp/tomato/musya/index.html

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the mentioned sites have it for sale. Any other suggestions?
It's on Gyutto.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2009-12-20, 16:49
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are many visual novels with downloadable versions. They're available on many sites, but it looks like they all require you to be a member in order to make the purchase. When I try to register, it seems that you have to be a Japan resident to complete the process? It demands that you have a Japanese address and phone number, etc.

Is it possible for people from overseas to make purchases? Maybe I'm just not going to the right sites. Any help will be great, ta.
Some sites let you, some don't. It is, in fact, trivial to stop you from buying their stuff if you aren't a resident, so faking an address won't help you; they can just look at your credit card details!

Sites like DMM and Digiket do not allow non-Japanese to buy.

Sites like dlsite, melonbooks (note: this only applies to the DL sales, don't try to mail order anything), gyut.to, dl-style and many others DO allow overseas purchases, and I personally have bought from all of these so I know you can do it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2009-12-21, 05:19
Enerccio's Avatar
Enerccio Enerccio is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnissity View Post
From what I've seen, people use a fake address, which is illegal.
I doubt it's illegal. It might be against company's policy and they can ban you, but hardly against law.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2010-01-06, 04:11
Radister Radister is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: England.
Posts: 2
Default

Gyutto? haven't heard of them before so i just wanted to ask a question about them.
Do they ship out of japan? i did try looking it up but i can't find shipping details on there site, so i just though i ask...

About this thread tho,
im not to sure about downloading it, however if you have the money and what to buy it, these is always erogeshop, which does have the game you where asking about on there site. the names Himemusha R by Tomato.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2010-01-06, 04:59
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radister View Post
Gyutto? haven't heard of them before so i just wanted to ask a question about them.
Do they ship out of japan? i did try looking it up but i can't find shipping details on there site, so i just though i ask...
That's download sales - you pay the money and you download the game. Gyut.to have no problem with your foreign credit card (although apparently some people have had problems with it since their redesign). Works for me just fine though.
__________________
www.erogenews.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visual Novels on a widescreen Billhead Technical Issues 7 2007-11-20 08:25
new to visual novels Noob General Discussion 6 2007-10-07 00:22
Dialects in visual novels DragonmasterX General Discussion 27 2006-11-20 14:05
Typing of Visual Novels DragonmasterX General Discussion 8 2006-10-20 10:52
Visual Novel With 100% Dialogue Are Visual "Novels" DragonmasterX General Discussion 12 2006-10-02 21:21


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.