gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2009-05-24, 19:09
kairi10116's Avatar
kairi10116 kairi10116 is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6
Default Air plush merchandise?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find Air plush dolls, Misuzu especially. I saw one of her giving a "V" on a blog a long while ago and I've always wanted one, but my japanese isnt good enough to find one online and no english-speaking shops sell it that I can find....

Any info would be great :) thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2009-05-24, 21:28
jyuichi's Avatar
jyuichi jyuichi is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 294
Default

I found a store with a picture of a Kano plush but they only have a Michiru one left (listed under Kanon no less).

http://yukariskawaiishop.com/kanon-m...001-p-164.html
__________________
Twitter: @jyuichi
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2009-05-26, 02:52
yuki_tsumotteru's Avatar
yuki_tsumotteru yuki_tsumotteru is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: wanderer in the sky
Posts: 59
Default

They also have seifuku-Shiori listed as Mishio... >_>
God, I want a Sakamoto Maaya-- err, Mishio plush so bad, though... >_<
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2009-05-26, 21:26
Apples's Avatar
Apples Apples is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki_tsumotteru View Post
They also have seifuku-Shiori listed as Mishio... >_>
God, I want a Sakamoto Maaya-- err, Mishio plush so bad, though... >_<
Wait, hang on. You're saying Maaya Sakamoto did one of the voices in AIR? Eh? Because that would actually make me want to read it...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2009-05-26, 21:27
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
Wait, hang on. You're saying Maaya Sakamoto did one of the voices in AIR? Eh? Because that would actually make me want to read it...
You wouldn't want to read it otherwise? Why not?
__________________
www.erogenews.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2009-05-26, 21:28
Apples's Avatar
Apples Apples is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
You wouldn't want to read it otherwise? Why not?
It just hasn't really grabbed me. It sounds kinda like Kanon, you know, a nice true love story without anything really unique about it.

EDIT: Ahhh, it's Kanon she's in! Well now I have a reason to read that, then.

Last edited by Apples; 2009-05-26 at 21:34.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2009-05-26, 21:41
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
It just hasn't really grabbed me. It sounds kinda like Kanon, you know, a nice true love story without anything really unique about it.
Except Kanon has Mai's route.

And AIR has Summer and Air.

These games are all fairly short, and they ARE classics of the genre for a reason. You really should read them, god-tier seiyuu or not =p
__________________
www.erogenews.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2009-05-27, 15:28
yuki_tsumotteru's Avatar
yuki_tsumotteru yuki_tsumotteru is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: wanderer in the sky
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
god-tier seiyuu or not =p
Hee, Maaya-san is god-tier now? I mean, she always has been to me, but... I wonder, was it her playing Shiki that put her up there for the average fan? :D

But yes as previously (somewhat opaquely) mentioned, she has a supporting role in Kanon as Mishio Amano. And I quite like Kanon (as my username should make obvious :B), and would recommend giving it a spin; there's more to it than an average renai game/eroge, and it's also one of the few games that truly made me laugh. One of these days I am going to dig through those voice files until I find Nayuki saying "ninjin suki da monnnnn...." so I can use it for a ringtone.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2009-05-27, 16:05
roxfan roxfan is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 99
Default

I actually started watching Kanon (2002) because I'd heard Maaya would be in it. She appeared only in next-to-last episode or so... orz.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2009-05-27, 16:16
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki_tsumotteru View Post
Hee, Maaya-san is god-tier now? I mean, she always has been to me, but... I wonder, was it her playing Shiki that put her up there for the average fan? :D
Well, she's not god-tier to ME, but that's only because I've not really heard her - she doesn't play roles in eroges, after all! I have my own god-tier seiyuu =p
__________________
www.erogenews.com
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2009-05-28, 02:35
Tetsurou's Avatar
Tetsurou Tetsurou is offline
Local
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
And AIR has Summer and Air.
In my book especially the former being a very striking argument for giving AIR "a try". Although thinking about reasons that speak for the greatness of this Soft brings up so much more fond memories of great moments (i.e. the Michiru / Minagi paths).
In short as others noted already, these games are rightfully considered classics for a reason regardless of Seiyuu (of course going through AIR as non-voiced Standard Edition I wouldn't know otherwise either ^_~)!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2009-05-28, 18:48
Apples's Avatar
Apples Apples is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 76
Default

Haha, okay, I guess with the impending Kanon translation completion I will have to get around to it.
Oh and by the way, I only found out Maaya did voice acting recently - but I've been a huge fan of her music for years.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2009-05-29, 04:12
yuki_tsumotteru's Avatar
yuki_tsumotteru yuki_tsumotteru is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: wanderer in the sky
Posts: 59
Default

It's funny you say that, seeing as according to interviews, her original goal was just to become a singer - she was advised to pursue voice acting because many seiyuu also get singing careers out of it. :D That's definitely what made her stand out to me at first, though - her involvement with Kanno Yoko was the gateway drug.

OT, I just sent in my application for tickets to the Tokyo production of Les Miserables this Monday, after praying for years that Maaya's run as Eponine wouldn't be over before I had a chance to see it. SO HAPPY~

Last edited by yuki_tsumotteru; 2009-05-29 at 04:21.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2009-05-29, 13:19
Kefit Kefit is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6
Send a message via AIM to Kefit
Default

I'm something of a bishoujo plushie collector, and have tracked down these plushies - among many others - over the past few years. I can't actually point you towards a place that has them, but I can give you information that might help you find them. Finding plushies for sale - especially older ones - is difficult, as there is a good element of luck involved. You simply have to be in the right place at the right time.

Generally, online stores don't have much in the way of bishoujo plushies, especially older ones. You might luck out and find something occasionally (I had the good fortune to run into the practically non-existant Nemu and Kotori plushies in a store a couple of years ago), but you shouldn't count on it. Just do a Google search for something like "[character name or series name] plush" and if a store exists that has them it should pop up.

I've tried searching for Japan based online shops that carry plushies, but I've never found one that deals with second-hand sales. The Air plushies, like many others, are available only on the second hand market right now.

Which takes us to the next logical step - auction sites. The vast majority of my collection has been obtained through online auctions. The first choice is of course ebay. It's in English, easy to use, and a surprising amount of worthwhile plushies pop up on it. However, this is where luck really comes into play. Most auctions only last for a week or less, and sought after items that are put on Buy It Now can disappear at any time. Thankfully competition for plushies typically isn't fierce, but things like Air plushes will almost definitely have other people gunning after them. You'll have to be diligent and search ebay for "Air plush" every few days - for a long time. An auction for them will pop up. Eventually. And you don't want to miss it when it does.

The second option is Yahoo Auctions Japan. For some reason the Japanese don't like ebay and use YAJ almost exclusively unless they are specifically trying to sell stuff to overseas. Of course, YAJ is entirely in Japanese, but this shouldn't be a problem. It just means that you will have to enter search terms in Japanese. The Japanese word for stuffed doll, which covers plushies, stuffed animals, and some other stuff, is ぬいぐるみ. And English Wikipedia pages for any given series will almost always have the Japanese series and character names included, so you can just copy and paste those from there. Combine that with a copy pasted ぬいぐるみ and you are all set for searching YAJ.

You may already know that YAJ users generally don't offer to ship their stuff overseas. This is a real shame, since this simply causes them to miss out on sales. You will have to use an online courier service to work around this. I recommend www.shoppingmalljapan.com or www.japan-auction-agency.com. Both services will use Japan offices to buy stuff form YAJ (or Japanese online stores) and ship it to you for a fee. The fee is annoying, but sometimes there is simply no other way to get this stuff. You will have to live with it.

And that's about it. I really wish there was a better solution for finding these things, but in the end it's more a matter of luck and perseverance than anything else.

As a bit of an appendix, here's some info on what's out there as far as Kanon and Air plushies go.

Kanon:
First plushie set. Five plushies, one each of Ayu, Nayuki, Mai, Shiori, and Makoto. These plushies look like utter shit when viewed in person (I know from personal experience) and I don't suggest getting them unless you must have every piece of Kanon merchandise you can get your hands on.

Second plushie set. Larger, higher quality plushies of Ayu, Nayuki, Mai, Shiori, Makoto, and Keroppi.. The girls all are in different outfits from the first set. The Shiori is often mislabeled as a Mishio due to the rarity with which Shiori wears the seifuku in the series. These plushies are much higher quality than the first set. However, they are pretty difficult to find now - I've been searching for the Ayu for a long time after letting one stupidly slip away about a year ago.

Third plushie set. I've never been able to find out much info on this. I own a Kaori from it, and have seen a single image of the Nayuki from it (she is in her PJs, like the second set Nayuki).

Air:
12" tall plushies of Misuzu, Minagi, and Kano. These are quite nice, but good luck finding them. The recent nature of this auction should reinforce the necessity of checking for these things every few days if you really do want them.

Four smaller plushies. One each of Misuzu, Minagi, Kano, and Michiru. The Michiru from this set seems to appear for sale fairly often, but I've only ever seen the Misuzu and Minagi for sale once, as part of a complete set that was very expensive. I'd suggest picking up the Kano I linked to if you are at all interested in it, since you may never see it again. This is the set that the Misuzu giving the V plush is from.

Wow, I really didn't mean to write an essay about this. Oh well, I hope this info is useful to someone :x

Last edited by Kefit; 2009-05-29 at 15:14.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2009-05-29, 20:55
yuki_tsumotteru's Avatar
yuki_tsumotteru yuki_tsumotteru is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: wanderer in the sky
Posts: 59
Default

On the contrary, I think it's a nice guide to have. The Air ones sure are something... I searched Y!JP on a whim just now, and found this: http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g73978430 offering the smaller Kano and Minagi for a not-too-terrible price. If only I had room in my tiny apartment for more toys, I'd be all over these. Minagi in particular has the prettiest hair I've ever seen on a UFO plush.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Places in Japan to find Key merchandise Leo_Otaku General Discussion 9 2006-05-13 14:23
New AIR Merchandise zalas General Discussion 23 2005-07-19 10:39
[spoilers] AIR TV Discussion #4: AIR [I'm gonna flour ya!] zalas General Discussion 71 2005-04-05 07:50
Merchandise that you have adun50 General Discussion 25 2004-10-01 08:59


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.