gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-02-15, 02:26
Regular

Default Ever changed your mind about a game

- Because you went back and replayed it after your JP ability had improved considerably?
- Because you played it again in a different language?
- Because you simply went back to it and found that it had immense/zero replay value?
- Because you played a sequel/prequel/later/earlier game by the same company or similar staff and found that it improved/seemed worse in comparison?
- Because your tastes evolved?

Just curious about people's answers. I can't say a lot myself because I haven't been into VNs long enough to replay much of anything--there's still way too much I need to play for the first time.
Old 2009-02-15, 03:56
dsp2003

- Yes.
- Yes.
- No.
- Yes.
- No.

P.S. I haven't played that much of VNs either. ^^'
Old 2009-02-15, 12:56

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I definitely gave Tears to Tiara a second shot. The middle part of the game was really tedious, boring and unremarkable to me, but eventually I decided to trudge my way through it a year or two later and found a very nice and rewarding climax.
Old 2009-02-15, 17:05
Posts way too much

- Because you went back and replayed it after your JP ability had improved considerably?
= Not really
- Because you played it again in a different language?
= No
- Because you simply went back to it and found that it had immense/zero replay value?
= No
- Because you played a sequel/prequel/later/earlier game by the same company or similar staff and found that it improved/seemed worse in comparison?
= No
- Because your tastes evolved?
= Yes
Old 2009-02-15, 18:24
Regular

Oh, and you guys should feel free to mention the titles in question if you want to. :P

There are a couple games I've started playing but set aside for later, although who knows when that will be. Tenshi no Inai 12-Gatsu is one; I pretty much liked what I saw of it, but my interest cooled when I realized how long the trunk was. Played the Claudia route of Phantom (Hirameki) last fall, then Ein and Drei in January, although this is more related to the fact that the lack of skip drove me totally batty.

There are points in almost any really, really long game where I seriously question if it's going to be worth continuing to the end and/or pursuing every end. ^^;;
Old 2009-02-15, 20:24
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
There are a couple games I've started playing but set aside for later, although who knows when that will be. Tenshi no Inai 12-Gatsu is one; I pretty much liked what I saw of it, but my interest cooled when I realized how long the trunk was.
Eh? I didn't think the trunk was really that long, personally. It splits off early enough to allow the heroine routes plenty of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Played the Claudia route of Phantom (Hirameki) last fall, then Ein and Drei in January, although this is more related to the fact that the lack of skip drove me totally batty.
Seriously, play Phantom: Integration instead. PoI is too great a game to allow a crappy DVDPG system to ruin it. EDIT: Although, if you've only got one route left, probably not worth bothering >_>
Old 2009-02-15, 22:30
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

I thought Kanon was pretty good until I slowly came to realize that the characters' utter helplessness is not a mysterious plot point which is resolved in some good ending I couldn't reach, but is in fact their normal character.
Old 2009-02-15, 23:50
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii View Post
I thought Kanon was pretty good until I slowly came to realize that the characters' utter helplessness is not a mysterious plot point which is resolved in some good ending I couldn't reach, but is in fact their normal character.
The real strength to Kanon is Mai's route. It's the superior of the two Maeda routes, and IMHO is so much better than any of the other routes in Kanon it makes the game actually worthwhile.

Even if you don't like Mai.
Old 2009-02-17, 01:35
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Eh? I didn't think the trunk was really that long, personally. It splits off early enough to allow the heroine routes plenty of time.
Wasn't so much the actual length as my impression of it, haha. I went into it blind, and after a couple choices I figured I was set to go for the girl with glasses. Lost all my energy when I found the MC walking home with his friend's girl (or whoever she was; as you can tell, it's been a while).

Quote:
Seriously, play Phantom: Integration instead. PoI is too great a game to allow a crappy DVDPG system to ruin it. EDIT: Although, if you've only got one route left, probably not worth bothering >_>
Yeah, I'm def. going to go back and play Integration someday.
Old 2009-02-19, 06:19
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
I definitely gave Tears to Tiara a second shot. The middle part of the game was really tedious, boring and unremarkable to me, but eventually I decided to trudge my way through it a year or two later and found a very nice and rewarding climax.
I stopped playing Tears to Tiara for the same reason.Good to know it gets better later on, I may give it another shot.