gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2011-04-29, 23:14
Visitor

Ah, I see. Well, we're doing it in the same fashion, then.

Still troubleshooting what's going on, did a test case against unpacking/repacking the original game01.mrg, and after repacking it still functioned. Unpacked & repacked voice.mrg without making any changes as another test case, and voices/mouth animations failed to work. So I'm a little stuck, but I'll keep trying. If anyone has opinions or ideas on what could be happening, do share.
Old 2011-04-30, 03:52
Unregistered

Regarding the voice problems, has anyone here checked the simple method I posted earlier? Can anyone confirm if it works for them?
Old 2011-04-30, 06:41
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Regarding the voice problems, has anyone here checked the simple method I posted earlier? Can anyone confirm if it works for them?
The method where you start & save the game before applying the patch?

Yeah, I tried that a few times over, and it failed to work all the time. There are certain scenes where it will work, such as the first scene with Mami in the hallway (which Edger pointed out as a test case), however most other scenes will not. For instance, the dream sequence with Kiri on the rooftop the morning before she arrives. There is a single line she says which should contain "Hiroki", but in all tests it came out as the switch over voice without Hiroki.

I think there's something a bit strange going on when the engine encounters these lines, in certain scenes it plays the "Hiroki" files, and other times it plays the switch over files. I did notice that it seems to play the "Hiroki" files when his full name is said, such as "Kamikura Hiroki-sensei". In all cases of this it played the "Hiroki" files. With other cases of "Hiroki" or "Kamikura-sensei", it played the switch over files.

Sorry for the long-winded reply, just thought these observations might be interesting to someone.

EDIT: In other news, still no progress with replacing the voice.mrg file. Would anyone happen to know what system file calls the voice files? Perhaps it needs a bit of hacking to accept the change. Some testing showed that the game did at least load the voice archive (as it would not start without it), however it does not play animations/voices when it is changed.

Last edited by Chaosrains; 2011-04-30 at 06:46.
Old 2011-05-24, 00:24
Visitor

There's something wrong with the ISO for this game. I downloaded the game from here: (link removed). The problem I'm having is that the Uninstall EXE is missing. I've checked the ISO and it's not there. When I start the launcher the third option which should be the Uninstall option is grayed out. Not only that, but the Install option is also grayed out. Does anyone have any constructive advice?
Old 2011-05-24, 00:46
noname

buy it you fuck
Old 2011-05-24, 02:01
Visitor

Constructive advice from a rational human being would have been "You can get a copy of the Uninstall EXE here..." But of course the noname anonymous cowardly subhuman fails to understand that Canvas 2 isn't licensed for sale in my country, not to mention the fact that fansubs are technically illegal and the English patch is classified as freeware.
Old 2011-05-24, 12:27
Obsessive

Illegally acquired software is not on-topic in these forums. Please do not ask for help about how to use your warez.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It sort of works... When characters say "Kamikura-sensei", you only get sensei.

If they were to say "Kamikura Hiroki-sensei" then you get the full name.

For some reason, the game displays Kamikura as Kanji but Hiroko is romanized... in the "Name field" of the text box. The game then skips over the audio that has Kamikura yet keeps Kamikura Hiroki.

During the Masaki Sumire route on day 12/15 in the infirmary... when Kamikura, Kana and Mami speak at the same time.... Kamikura is left in Kanji but everything else is romanized... "Hiroki&Kana&Mami".

This happens even thou when you start a new game... the name fields are all in the default Kanji.
Old 2011-06-18, 18:40
erengy

I've found two other ways to get around this and applied the more elegant one - bypassing the character name check and automatically selecting the voice file with "Kamikura". I haven't checked all the instances in game yet, though I believe the voice problem should be solved for good now. I also removed some bits of code that caused the bug BettiePage mentioned.
Old 2011-06-30, 11:31
Unregistered

I have been re-installing the game many times now, but no matter what I do, there are no voices.
And if I try to hear the voices via backlog by clicking the character icon the game crashes. The same happens if I try to hear the voices by clicking on "test" in the audio options menu.

The voice.mrg file is in the root folder just like it was intended to...I don't know what's wrong. Somebody got an idea about what the problem is?
Old 2011-06-30, 11:45
Unregistered

Here is the error message I get when the game crashes:
http://tinypic.com/r/qnlkci/7
Old 2011-06-30, 12:13
Local

Send a message via AIM to Edger

Did you use the full install option? Does this happen without the patch?
Old 2011-06-30, 12:24
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edger View Post
Did you use the full install option? Does this happen without the patch?
Oh great...it even happens without the translation and no DVD patch.
Yes, I always choose the 2nd option which says something about 2,2GB when installing.
What does the error message say anyway?
Old 2011-06-30, 12:30
Unregistered

Just now for once I installed the 700MB version, to see if it will play the voices from the DVD, but the same error occured again. This is weird.
Old 2011-06-30, 12:40
Local

Send a message via AIM to Edger

Error message basically says that the system has encountered an unrecoverable error while running, error code: 5A-FFEA.

The F&C site has a faq regarding this error, but unfortunately I can't access it at work. Are you running on a Japanese system unicode?