gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-10-05, 00:38
Local

Angry Did you ever cancel an order from Paletweb?

Hi folks.
My story with Paletweb:
- one year ago placed an order but cancelled since I found a better offer on the net
- 2 months ago ordered Little Busters and got without problems
- 1 week ago placed an order for a used game, but then noticed that the extras are missing, so I wrote them what's the matter, that I'd like to cancel the order and even apologized(!) for the caused work.
In Germany normaly you just write a quick email to the onlineshop and that was it. So now read what I got back:
Quote:
OK, we cancel this dealings.

Unfortunately, this cancellation is the second time.
We think that your order might be canceled again by yourself in the future.
Therefore, we cannot accept your order in the future.

You were removed from ebay auction and paletweb.

Good luck for dealings with other sellers.
I first thought LOL?? What kind of onlineshop is that which deletes users who cancel orders which is NORMAL for an onlineshop.
For me that's just insulting and Paletweb will never see any money from me again, a pity since their prices are low, but if they treat customers like that they can eat s**t.

Not to mention I didn't find a single word on their site that it isn't allowed to cancel orders (like yesasia does with games) or that you are banned from the system when you cancel orders.
Making a system where you can cancel/ change your orders without problems isn't also a big fuss, hobbylinkjapan is a good example for that.

Just ridiculous, really..
Old 2007-10-05, 01:18
Posts way too much

Huh, wow. I never expected them to take that sort of attitude towards cancellations. Thanks for the heads up.

I suppose it makes sense that they need to minimise stuff like this to offer the prices they do, and in general they provide an excellent service, but this is really harsh!
Old 2007-10-05, 06:18
Unregistered

The question is: why didn't you bother to check everything before placing the order?
Obviously when you do that you make the company lose time and possibly money too, so you shouldn't wonder why you had your account removed.
Old 2007-10-05, 07:38

Send a message via MSN to Dizzy Gear

Yeah, but that is still bull-s**t that they would do something like that, especially whenever they don't have anything written down that says that they can do that.

Granted, it is their business. If they want to do that, then so be it. They won't ever get an order from me, and from what it looks like, I wouldn't want to get an order from them if they treat their customers like that. >.> That is not how a business should run, plain and simple.
Old 2007-10-05, 09:30
Unregistered

Uhhh, Unregistered wins.
Paletweb is a small company, you can't compare them to a more established "business". Time = money. It's your fault for not noticing extras and such weren't included. How did you even manage to place an order without realizing that? You should really pay more attention...
But in any event, cancelled orders are the bane of small businesses. It's your responsibility to do your research on pricing and condition BEFORE you place an order. Well. Responsibility, common sense, whichever way you want to put it.
Old 2007-10-05, 10:20
Regular

Send a message via AIM to X-Calibar

I ordered from Paletweb not too long ago, and they Are kind of hard to deal with... only because some directions on the site like the ebay stuff I had a bit of trouble understanding (for some off the wall reason I thought I had to have an e-bay ID in order to ship just paletweb products together) [and some other info was outdated : like the "we don't accept Mastercard" thing; which paypal does accept]
Since I ended up changing my order, with quite a few e-mails back and forth, it was a little complicated; but the good bottomline is that once all was said and done, a brand new F/SN, Realta Nua and Utawarerumono arrived very quickly..!

I'd say if you are confused with the process or have to alter your order Palet is a headache... but, besides the smokey newspaper they packed mine in [luckily the products were brandnew unopened and still in the plastic wrap!] Everything worked out fine...

I don't really understand the point system they have though, do you get them for the next order? or is it for special circumstances?

Last edited by X-Calibar; 2007-10-05 at 10:23.
Old 2007-10-05, 12:02
Unregistered

Doing this is bad business, especially when they are dealing with customers who have already paid them before and could continue to pay them in the future.
Old 2007-10-05, 12:17
Local

Exactly, it isn't like I've never bought sth from them. And as said before to contra against those other unregistered people, it's very easy to implement an automatic system for order change/ cancellation which takes all the work.
Ah well, that shop is history for me, won't bother with it any longer~
Old 2007-10-05, 14:53

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Order cancellation is all easy and stuff when you're a big retailer and can automatically get items to your warehouses. Even for those retailers, you can't cancel an order once they already put together your ordered item(s). If Palet has to track down items for you and purchase from their distributor and then after they receive the item you decide to cancel it, what do they do with their item on their low traffic site? I have a feeling that the majority of what they do would fall under "special order" for larger stores.

And on a side note, my local import shop will import PS2 games for me. However, they'll require me to pay them up front for the title before they'll go ahead and order it. I guess it's their way of making sure they don't go through the hassle and time of ordering something for you and then have you turn around and say you didn't want it.
Old 2007-10-05, 15:43
Local

Speaking of paletweb, how long does it take them to get back to you usually? I asked them to find me a copy of 'One' (since theyr'e out) ... which shouldn't be too hard to find, but haven't heard back in weeks.
Old 2007-10-05, 20:14
Addicted

Paletweb is most definitely a small operation, and as such you can't really hold them to the automation you've come to expect from, say, Amazon. While I do agree that their Engrish is quite confusing at times and that they do take some time to reply, their service for me has always been top-notch.

As far as special orders go, procyon, I get the impression that someone (if there is indeed more than just one person in charge of the company) actually goes out and scours local shops for titles requested; sometimes they find them, and sometimes they don't. I've had times where they respond to me with a confirmation that they most likely will not be able to find the title at all (Narcissu), I've had them not get back to me period and have assumed that they're looking but just cannot find the title (or maybe I'm just not next in line if one comes up, i.e. Aka) and I've had an e-mail come out of the blue for a request I placed two months ago saying that they now have a copy of the game (Hanihani). It definitely gives the impression of being an extremely small operation; as zalas mentioned the majority of their business would probably be considered 'special orders' by other places.

With regards to wanting to cancel an order because you didn't at the time check the included items, Mutio, I can't really agree that any of the blame is on Palet. Let the buyer beware, as the adage goes, or at least let the buyer make sure that what they want is included with the package. It would be one thing if Palet fleeced you by claiming the goods were included but you found they weren't. On their information page they do state that returns for reasons other than busted goods are "Impossible in principle," and despite the Engrishy goodness I'd say that's a pretty firm indicator that you're responsible for your order once you place it. It comes down to a fair amount of buyer responsibility that we simply take for granted with large online retailers offering us the option of amending or cancelling our orders right up to the moment they're sealed in their boxes for delivery, and then having the option of returning the goods if we're not satisfied for any reason.

While having your ordering privileges revoked is a fairly surprising and sudden move, I can't say I'd completely blame them--after all, you cancelled your first order because you found a better deal elsewhere (did you tell them this?) and then wanted to cancel the second because you didn't notice the game wasn't as you wanted it; neither of those examples really peg you as a faithful or consistent customer, and on the scale on which Palet appears to operate they must have figured the possible money they would have gotten from you on future purchases wasn't worth the possibility of the past and presumably future hassles. I'm sure it's nothing at all personal, just (small) business.

Himeya seems to be a much larger or at least more automated business in that regard, so if you're going to continue scouting around for better deals after placing orders or otherwise wish the flexibility of larger operations you may be used to, they might be a better choice in that regard. The prices are a little to a fair amount more at times, but it's that or going through some Y!J auction proxy, and you can be sure that they simply won't tolerate order amendments or whathave you. Personally, I've had nothing but great relations with Palet in the 2+ years I've been using them, but then again I've never needed or wanted to cancel or change an order.

EDIT>> Crap, that came out really long.

Last edited by GreatSaintLouis; 2007-10-05 at 20:17.
Old 2007-10-06, 00:37
Local

I agree that Paletweb is small, nevertheless writing clear rules is a must have, especially when doing business international and I have no pity for them, sorry.
Not to mention, if a German onlineshop would do that to me (which will never happen since it's just different here) I could sue them, point.
As for the cancelled orders, I cancelled the one 2 hours, the other 1 hour after placing, you can't tell me they had done anything with it by then..
Not to say between those two cancelled orders is 1 year! They have no time to write proper rules on their site but to track stuff like this, hmm, strange? <-irony*
Sorry, but business is business, onlineshop is onlineshop, if small or big stuff, something like cancellation is basic to me, I know it well enough from other shops here.
As for potential money they lose a lot with me, my visual novel collection is worth easily over 2000€ ;)
But as said, I have other ways of getting games. Akibado has low fees i.e. and I often find rare limited editions for good prices.