gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2011-09-04, 04:41

Default Narcissu Trip

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all.

I'm visiting Japan in a couple of months, and because I'm a big time Narcissu fan, I would like to visit some of the landmarks where the story's events took place. It's my first time visiting Japan, so my knowledge is very limited, and I just wanted to see if I could receive some kind advice.

I'll be visiting Tokyo and Kyoto during my trip. The journey won't revolve solely around Narcissu, but if there are locations that are within a reasonable distance, I would like to visit them.

Okay, so I've been using this site for reference:

http://narcissu.insani.org/world.html

Now, I'm going to ramble on for a bit. If I'm wrong at any point, please do let me know. I'd hate to visit a place, only to realize it's incorrect later.

First, I've heard that Nadakuroiwa is the final destination of the journey from Narcissu 1. Unfortunately, it seems like the Narcissi blossom early in the year, which isn't the time when I'm visiting, so I guess that's out.

Apparently, Narcissu 1's second beach place took place here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Biwa

The PSP game contains a map that outlines the journey, but most of the locations aren't specified. I'm visiting as a tourist, and I'm not up for hiring a car to visit the bridges, etc, so I suppose those are out.

Next, I've stumbled upon this site, which I found helpful:

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~bunpuku/...html#awajisima

On this page, there are photos of a beach under number 13. I wonder if that's Lake Biwa, or some other beach? According to the first page, Biwa is the lake featured during the second beach scene. So, what's the name of the beach in the first scene, or is it not mentioned?

Then, of course, there's Mt Fuji, which I believe is the mountain Himeko and Setsumi climbed during Side 2nd. From memory, they never made it to the mountain's peak. Did it mention how high they actually reached before the final scene took place?

Thanks so much for reading, everyone. Really appreciate it. If there are any places I've missed, please do let me know.
Old 2011-09-10, 09:01
Obsessive

I really don't know much myself.
But I suspect those photos of a beach under number 13 are from the final beach scene beside narcissus field rather than the lake. It would not make sense to put them last otherwise.
As for the first beach, judging from the map it could be anywhere...
Old 2011-09-11, 21:55

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I don't think it's possible to determine where the first beach is. Oh, well, thanks!
Old 2011-09-13, 11:38
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Mmm... For Mt. Fuji, I'll have to actually look at my notes in the N2 script for the exact location, but my memory is that Himeko drove to one of the 5th station (there's 4) along one of the routes going up, and they climbed up on foot to approximately the 7th station.

The PSP map is somewhat useful if you use it in conjunction w// google maps or something. I've also got one of the promotional Narci posters from that place on Awaji, so I can take it out and see what it says.

I'll post a follow up later when I get off of work in... 6 hours+...
Old 2011-09-13, 21:28
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Looking back at the scripts for Narci2 relating to Fuji:
;7合目を過ぎたあたりだろうか?^M
;岩場の多い、とても見晴らしの良い場所だった。\^M
^We were just beyond the 7th station perhaps? It was a place with many rocky stretches, and a very wide, wonderful view.\^M

So if you head to Fujinomiya 5th station as your starting point (start 2400m) and follow the trail up, (http://mountfujiguide.com/guide/Fujinomiya_Trail) 7th station is probably the 3010m one, an estimated ascent of 2.5 hours that took them a whole day.

The nadakuroiwa poster I have just happens to advertise that the fields are open between Dec and Feb, not much other info on them. Not much else in the way of info. PSP map points out random things like the rough location of the Jeans shop by the highway =x which I doubt is a tourist-worthy spot.
Old 2011-09-16, 15:00

Thanks so much for your information! I'll definitely keep this in mind. Unfortunately, none of my fellow travelers seem interested in a Mt Fuji climb, especially if it's going to be a 2.5 hour one. Let's see how I go.

Yeah, I love Narcissu, but not to the point where I'm going to hunt down some Jeans shop XD.