gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-01-16, 09:47

Default [Release] Joka no Monshou

Released today at 1 am GMT 0..... a game named Jouka no Monshou, i really don't have much information about it but it seems it's from the same author of saya no uta and its a fanfic of Equilibrium ( or so it's writed on the TLwiki ), the game have no voice.

Heres the link... http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index...uka_no_Monshou
Old 2009-01-16, 10:35
Unregistered

He is also the same author of kikokugai - the cyber slayer (another nitroplus game)
Old 2009-01-16, 12:21
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Gen Urobuchi wrote Phantom, Vjedogonia, Kikokugai, this, Saya no Uta, Django, and Fate/Zero. Also some other random shit, listed here.

Anyway I uploaded an updated 0.txt for this because /k/ raged about "clip" vs. "magazine" and there were some grammar errors that arose due to my search and replace antics. Download it I guess.
Old 2009-01-16, 14:26
Unregistered

Hello, this doesn't seem to be listed as a known issue, but my game freezes up whenever there is a BGM change.

I am running 32-bit Windows Vista home edition, service pack 1 and have no other known/similar issues with other ONScripter/NScripter games. (I tried compatibility mode also, no changes to the problem.)

I don't know why this occurs or how to fix it, but I can bypass it by saving frequently and holding down ctrl to skip the text past the BGM change. Then the game will not crash.

It'd be great if this was fixable, but if not, just letting you guys know about the problem.
Old 2009-01-16, 17:08

O.O.... I did know some like kikokugai - the cyber slayer and phantom.... but even Fate/Zero, thats a surprise for me O..
Old 2009-01-16, 18:22
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, this doesn't seem to be listed as a known issue, but my game freezes up whenever there is a BGM change.

I am running 32-bit Windows Vista home edition, service pack 1 and have no other known/similar issues with other ONScripter/NScripter games. (I tried compatibility mode also, no changes to the problem.)

I don't know why this occurs or how to fix it, but I can bypass it by saving frequently and holding down ctrl to skip the text past the BGM change. Then the game will not crash.

It'd be great if this was fixable, but if not, just letting you guys know about the problem.
It's an issue with MP3 playback in ONScripter itself.

Replace all of the BGM files with oggs to fix it.

It doesn't happen on my system so I didn't bother with it. I guess I can fix it later.
Old 2009-01-16, 21:39
Regular

Awesome, can't wait to read it.
Old 2009-01-16, 23:26
Unregistered

it's like one long gunfight
not that there's anything wrong w/that; i liked it
Old 2009-01-17, 17:14
Unregistered

Is this an adult game?
Old 2009-01-17, 17:52

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

So let's see... the site offers a complete download of a single-route-no-choices visual novel game that was being sold around the time of Comiket 64 and is now out of print?
Old 2009-01-17, 18:24
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
So let's see... the site offers a complete download of a single-route-no-choices visual novel game that was being sold around the time of Comiket 64 and is now out of print?
Don't you mean kinetic novel?
Old 2009-01-17, 18:35
Posts way too much

Kinetic Novel is a trademarked term used by Visual Art's, so I'd say zalas doesn't.
Old 2009-01-17, 19:28
Obsessive

Quote:
Yeah, that'd be correct.

As far as I know, there is absolutely no way to obtain an original copy of the game (no auctions on YAJ or anything), short of going to Japan and stealing somebody's copy. It's out of print as hell.
Old 2009-01-17, 19:52

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
Yeah, that'd be correct.

As far as I know, there is absolutely no way to obtain an original copy of the game (no auctions on YAJ or anything), short of going to Japan and stealing somebody's copy. It's out of print as hell.
Actually, it shows up on Yahoo Auctions from time to time and would fetch for around 5000 yen (original price was 1500 yen). But that aside, I wonder if it's morally acceptable to pirate a game if it's out of print and nearly unobtainable and/or if the original creators have disbanded et cetera. For this particular instance, it still is legally copyright infringement, but in practice, you're probably not going to get caught. Assuming that the original creators are not against the act of translating this game (to simplify the discussion, since that opens another can of worms), one might make the argument that this action is simply spreading the author's work (and thus bringing benefits to the original author), but one might also make the argument that this action reduces the 'market value' of the game (and thus indirectly hurt others) by making it available for free.
Old 2009-01-17, 23:17
Regular

Quote:
Actually, it shows up on Yahoo Auctions from time to time and would fetch for around 5000 yen (original price was 1500 yen). But that aside, I wonder if it's morally acceptable to pirate a game if it's out of print and nearly unobtainable and/or if the original creators have disbanded et cetera. For this particular instance, it still is legally copyright infringement, but in practice, you're probably not going to get caught. Assuming that the original creators are not against the act of translating this game (to simplify the discussion, since that opens another can of worms), one might make the argument that this action is simply spreading the author's work (and thus bringing benefits to the original author), but one might also make the argument that this action reduces the 'market value' of the game (and thus indirectly hurt others) by making it available for free.
Yes there is no way around it. If the original creator has a problem, I have no problem deleting this. I respect the author's request and their work.