gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-04, 02:08
Regular

Well, strictly speaking it's not quite anonymous. Staff is properly named in the readme file, and similarly to like fansubs, their name can be found on the subbed OP movie too. It's just secretive on purpose I'd imagine.
Old 2010-12-04, 06:50
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

I completed an English patch for Awatake Takahiro's "Deep in a Thicket". However, I reluctantly note that this game is not much of a story, and it was far from a strenuous translation. I mainly did the translation to promote interest in Awatake's work and a translation of his doujinshi that I'm working on.

http://shii.org/awatake/thicket
Old 2010-12-04, 08:32
gillx

Much thanks for the SS patch!:D Now I can finally enjoy the game fully in English.:D

Well, I don't think that they were trying to be secretive, but rather, trying to conceal their real identities with fake alias so that HB doesn't catch them or something?o:
Old 2010-12-04, 08:45
dorkatlarge

Wow, an otome game translation and an Awatake Takahiro story translation got released. Both of these are relevant to my interests.

According to the VNDB, Starry Sky in Spring is a 10 to 30 hour visual novel. That's a long of text to translate. Is the translation well done?

And since this is the PC version, it might take some effort to import a legit copy. Palet Web and J-List don't currently have it... so it might be necessary to use shopping or auction services.
Old 2010-12-04, 15:54
Obsessive

Hey dorkatlarge, I think you were the first to download my translation, so let me know how it goes. I have no idea how to promote it other than Twitter, so... yeah. Also check out the Intake Tower translation.
Old 2010-12-04, 16:04
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii View Post
Hey dorkatlarge, I think you were the first to download my translation, so let me know how it goes. I have no idea how to promote it other than Twitter, so... yeah. Also check out the Intake Tower translation.
The Best Thread of the Week is coming up on /jp/ in a few hours, I'll post it there if you want some more buzz.
Old 2010-12-04, 18:18
Obsessive

Sounds good! I attempted to post my own thread on /jp/ but it seems like my stalker frequents that forum, so so much for that.

Last edited by Shii; 2010-12-04 at 18:31.
Old 2010-12-04, 20:55
eternal

http://www.shira-oka.com/shira-oka-h...rts-today.html

As zalas wrote a little while ago, the OEL dating sim Shira Oka is going to be released soon. It seems as though the game is big enough to be worth the price tag, although I'm not sure if it's good enough. I preordered it at any rate; I want to see if they can surpass the disappointingly low bar set by most of the OEL scene. Katawa Shoujo will probably be stuck in development for a while longer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one to make a breakthrough, for better or worse.
Old 2010-12-05, 00:28
Visitor

Shira Oka looks pretty good, and it's cheap. So i will most likely buy it, i'm just gonna check out the demo first. Looks like it is english voiced though, i'm not sure what i think about that lol. It's gonna be weird reading a vn where the voice is synced to the text. And i have never been a fan of english dubbed anime.
Old 2010-12-05, 05:58
Obsessive

Apparently Moogy has a Christmas gift for us all! Obviously its Kaigen Seito.

Or most likely Osadai and SubaHibi because Moogy doesn't afraid of nothing.
Old 2010-12-05, 10:32
eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Shira Oka looks pretty good, and it's cheap. So i will most likely buy it, i'm just gonna check out the demo first. Looks like it is english voiced though, i'm not sure what i think about that lol. It's gonna be weird reading a vn where the voice is synced to the text. And i have never been a fan of english dubbed anime.
I was worried about the voices myself. To be fair, it's been years since I saw a dubbed anime and I usually set games like BlazBlue to Japanese so I have no reason to assume that it won't work. It should be theoretically possible for English voices to work in a VN, but I have a feeling it hasn't been done yet...
Old 2010-12-05, 13:39
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal View Post
I was worried about the voices myself. To be fair, it's been years since I saw a dubbed anime and I usually set games like BlazBlue to Japanese so I have no reason to assume that it won't work. It should be theoretically possible for English voices to work in a VN, but I have a feeling it hasn't been done yet...
I use AGTH and a text-to-speech program for every VN I play.
Old 2010-12-05, 14:15

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal View Post
From what I've seen, the more "Japanese" the setting is, the more jarring an English dub sounds, and vice versa. Obviously there are exceptions, and sometimes there are certain types of English voices which I just can't stand.
Old 2010-12-05, 18:40
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifruit View Post
Apparently Moogy has a Christmas gift for us all! Obviously its Kaigen Seito.

Or most likely Osadai and SubaHibi because Moogy doesn't afraid of nothing.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Until then, I'm not going to hope for anything.
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2010-12-05, 19:20
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Even if I don't manage to finish my project by Christmas (I want to, but I need to seriously pick up the pace), G-Senjou will be released then.
Closed Thread