gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-09-06, 14:36
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
I never got why Chunsoft games (including 999) don't go on erogamescape. Surely they're at least as much of a VN/eroge as, say, Touhou games are.
Maybe they just don't want to put too many non-PC games there.
Old 2010-09-06, 21:14
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
Aksys Games will bring Steins;Gate to the Western Market if their DS game 999 sells well. Go - buy it - now!

999 Demo – http://www.aksysgames.com/999/pages/demo
Somehow the existance of this game completely went over my head.

Looks really nice. Must get when it is out...
Old 2010-09-06, 21:36
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most of all, it's the superior writing. This route focuses more on Rena, and though she is not my favourite character I'm enjoying it a lot more than the route that did focus on my favourite. In some previous chapters it just felt like you were sometimes wasting time before Watanagashi, it dragged a little, but in this chapter I've enjoyed every bit of Ryukishi's writing.

I hope it keeps up through the last two chapters.
Aha, now that's interesting. Wasn't EP6 of Umineko also considered a step up in terms of writing? Or maybe the translation just improved. Are you playing MG's version, or the original?
Old 2010-09-07, 07:37
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
Aha, now that's interesting. Wasn't EP6 of Umineko also considered a step up in terms of writing? Or maybe the translation just improved. Are you playing MG's version, or the original?
I am playing MG version. I don't think it's just the translation, I felt the previous chapters had too much uninteresting text that made it a bit too long between interesting points. I don't think it would matter whether this redundant text was better translated, that wouldn't make it more interesting.

Tsumihoroboshi is one of the few VNs where I felt every line really added to the story.

It is interesting that EP6 of Umineko is considered a step up, since this is EP6 of Higurashi. I wonder why 6 seems to be R07's lucky number. Maybe it's when he's writing EP6 is when the professional reviews of the question arc compilations come in and he responds to that?
Old 2010-09-07, 11:28
Unregistered

The favorite episodes of Umineko tend to be Ep. 3 and 4.

As for padded, uninteresting text, that's just Ryukishi07's style. Wait until you get to Higurashi Ep. 7, which I consider the worst offender of the series.
Old 2010-09-07, 15:27

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am playing MG version. I don't think it's just the translation, I felt the previous chapters had too much uninteresting text that made it a bit too long between interesting points. I don't think it would matter whether this redundant text was better translated, that wouldn't make it more interesting.

Tsumihoroboshi is one of the few VNs where I felt every line really added to the story.

It is interesting that EP6 of Umineko is considered a step up, since this is EP6 of Higurashi. I wonder why 6 seems to be R07's lucky number. Maybe it's when he's writing EP6 is when the professional reviews of the question arc compilations come in and he responds to that?
Personally I enjoyed Meakashi more than Tsumihoroboshi, although I do concede that the final parts of Tsumihoroboshi were excellent. I wonder if people liked Watanagashi more than the other chapters in the question arc...
Old 2010-09-08, 01:32
Unregistered

Watanagashi was my favorite Higurashi chapter. I thought it was a huge jump in quality from Onikakushi, though all of the following chapters (save for maybe Himatsubushi) did a great job of maintaining that increased quality.

And I have to say that I didn't think Higurashi had a significant amount of uninteresting text, though it's a major problem in Umineko.
Old 2010-09-08, 02:53
Posts way too much

Watanagashi was my favourite too. I loved Higurashi as a whole but did not particularly like Kai.
Old 2010-09-08, 05:58
Regular

My favorite was Meakashi, followed close by Onikakushi. Watanagashi was the one I like least of the three first, and overall I like more the questions arc than Kai.

http://7nightstranslations.wordpress.com/ - VN reviews and stuff
Old 2010-09-08, 06:40
Unregistered

For the question arcs I liked Tatarigoroshi > Himatsubushi > Watanagashi > Onikakushi.
Old 2010-09-12, 22:13
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
I never got why Chunsoft games (including 999) don't go on erogamescape. Surely they're at least as much of a VN/eroge as, say, Touhou games are.
http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/...php?game=13501
Old 2010-09-12, 22:22
Posts way too much

What the..

That's the only CHUNSOFT game listed on EGS too. How bizarre..
Old 2010-09-13, 05:58
Unregistered

I'm really happy to see 999 mentioned here, it's an extremely good game with a strong visual novel core mixed with adventure elements (puzzles and riddles) and it has Ever 17's Kotaro Uchikoshi as scenario\script writer.

The game will be published in the USA the 16th of November by Aksys, and there is even a browser demo going on at their site:
http://www.aksysgames.com/999/pages/demo (insert 1870 as your birth date)

Be warned that the demo is different from the actual game, not only in terms of interface but even regarding to the script (for obvious reason the beginning is cut short, in the original game the main character doesn't meet Akane so early).

Also, Uchikoshi mentioned in a Siliconera interview that there could be a sequel if the game performs well in the USA, and even Aksys is staking their visual novel support on the success of this game.
Old 2010-09-27, 00:27
Visitor

currently planning to play "Steins;Gate", I just need to clear my HDD first.

I'm way behind the time because of My HDD, since I can't download if I only have like 5gbs left in my 720gb total HDD. lol
Old 2010-10-07, 00:28
Posts way too much

Thread revival and update. Now currently playing:

Gensou no Avatar
Masaru: Ashita no Yukinojou 2
Resign
Umi no Michi
Hex no Uta wo
Shiki no Uta: Poetry of the four seasons
Ouka
Steins;Gate
Wasurareta Spur -thanatos in nostalgia-
Hanahira!

Some mini-reviews of things completed in the meantime, updated if I feel like it:

X-Change Alternative: Rubbish, just rubbish. If this is a nukige why are the H scenes so awful (worse than Key)? If this isn't a nukige why are there so many H scenes; why are they forced into the plot so poorly? Don't know what to make of it at all, but the execution is just bad. On the other hand, there's a ton of amusing scenes and some of the characters are alright. 51%
Classy Cranberrys: Decent (above average) writing, good characters, fantastic art and the story.. well, it works. The game loves the H scenes too much, which isn't a problem by itself, but the characters go completely out of character for them. Why is the main heroine's second (pre-confession) H scene a PAIZURI scene? She's the shy one! Really, the game was better before it deteriorated into this sort of thing- I'd point to Prima Stella being a good example of a similar thing done better. Can't fault the creativity involved in creating the H scenes, though; you don't often see one with a snake in it. 74%

Last edited by Asceai; 2010-10-07 at 00:42.